World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page What language(s) do they speak in Kabul?
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11)
Old
Traveller's Avatar
Traveller Traveller is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Traveller is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 182
Thanks: 143
Thanked 98 Times in 71 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Default 05-18-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamlawar Khurasani View Post
East side of Kabul city. Not well. People hate Pakistanis in Kabul. Especially the Tajiks.
What about Jalalabad?


Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
My source is wikipedia.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Elite Pakhtun Elite Pakhtun is online now
PF knowledgeable
Elite Pakhtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 989
Thanks: 304
Thanked 131 Times in 115 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default 05-18-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamlawar Khurasani View Post
East side of Kabul city. Not well. People hate Pakistanis in Kabul. Especially the Tajiks.
This is actually something few Pakistanis, including (especially?) pashtuns, realize. Although more are becoming aware of it, the sad fact is that Afghanistan doesn't really occupy anyone's minds. I know it sounds condescending, but it's true. Unless there's firing at the border or some deportation ****, it's not something most think about.

I must admit that while I was aware of the hatred and animosity, by Afghans towards Pakistanis, to a certain extent... I had no idea it was that deep. I'm also aware that Kabul is barely Pashtun (25%?). I'm willing to bet Islamabad is more Pashtun than Kabul.

Last edited by Elite Pakhtun; 05-19-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Shapur's Avatar
Shapur Shapur is offline
Super Moderator
Shapur is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 921
Thanks: 105
Thanked 300 Times in 232 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 05-19-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
I know Kabul is a multiethnic city that is traditionally Farsiwan. I'm assuming that the language of the street there is Farsi but what I'm curious about is whether people there also know Pashto. Basically if one could speak Pashto but not Farsi, would they be able to get around in Kabul?
You would definitely get by with just Pashto. Most non Pashtun kabulis understand Pashto and can speak just enough to get their point across.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shapur For This Useful Post:
Elite Pakhtun (05-19-2017), salman47 (05-19-2017)
(#14)
Old
Shapur's Avatar
Shapur Shapur is offline
Super Moderator
Shapur is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 921
Thanks: 105
Thanked 300 Times in 232 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 05-19-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Pakhtun View Post
This is actually something few Pakistanis, including (especially?) pashtuns, realize. Although more are becoming aware of it, the sad fact is that Afghanistan doesn't really occupy anyone's minds. I know it sounds condescending, but it's true. Unless there's firing at the border or some deportation ****, it's not something most think about.

I must admit that while I was aware of the hatred and animosity, by Afghans towards Pakistanis, to a certain extent... I had no idea it was that deep. I'm also aware that Kabul is barely Pashtun (25%?). I'm willing to bet Islamabad is more Pashtun than Kabul.
The hatred is reserved mainly for ISI/Army and those who will justify all their actions. There is no hate for common Pakistanis with few exceptions.

I have been to islamabad and its an indic city through and through. Even if there are Pashtuns there, they will get assimilated to the indic culture of the city in the future. Kabul is definitely more Pashtun than Islamabad as you will find symbols of Pashtuns all around the city from street and area names to educational institutions and cultural influence. Ibn Batuta has mentioned 800 years ago about Pashtuns living in Kabul and many Kabulis who are classified as farsiwans persianized Pashtuns because Farsi has been the dominant language in this part of the world for a millennia.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shapur For This Useful Post:
salman47 (05-19-2017)
(#15)
Old
salman47 salman47 is offline
PF Frequent visitor
salman47 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 75
Thanks: 57
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: May 2016
Default 05-19-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Pakhtun View Post
This is actually something few Pakistanis, including (especially?) pashtuns, realize. Although more are becoming aware of it, the sad fact is that Afghanistan doesn't really occupy anyone's minds. I know it sounds condescending, but it's true. Unless there's firing at the border or some deportation ****, it's not something most think about.

I must admit that while I was aware of the hatred and animosity, by Afghans towards Pakistanis, to a certain extent... I had no idea it was that deep. I'm also aware that Kabul is barely Pashtun (25%?). I'm willing to bet Islamabad is more Pashtun than Kabul.
I detest!
Islamabad is a bull**** city(very^infinite boring, bad city planning, location and timing of embassies, urdu everywhere etc..)
I would rather go to Kabul again(**** the current situation, minga ba bya tlu khu pak army durand karkhe ke e ghata guta warka nu nashu tle!,, der mu mina kigi khu sa uku)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salman47 For This Useful Post:
Nekrofrost (05-22-2017)
(#16)
Old
salman47 salman47 is offline
PF Frequent visitor
salman47 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 75
Thanks: 57
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: May 2016
Default 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
What about Jalalabad?
Most are Pashtuns!
If your route is from Peshawar to Kabul, reach Jalalabad before
12 pm and stop for one of the best food!(esp. Chainaki)
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Shamlawar Khurasani's Avatar
Shamlawar Khurasani Shamlawar Khurasani is offline
PF senior
Shamlawar Khurasani is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,856
Thanks: 336
Thanked 825 Times in 651 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Darul Kufr
Default 05-19-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Pakhtun View Post
This is actually something few Pakistanis, including (especially?) pashtuns, realize. Although more are becoming aware of it, the sad fact is that Afghanistan doesn't really occupy anyone's minds. I know it sounds condescending, but it's true. Unless there's firing at the border or some deportation ****, it's not something most think about.

I must admit that while I was aware of the hatred and animosity, by Afghans towards Pakistanis, to a certain extent... I had no idea it was that deep. I'm also aware that Kabul is barely Pashtun (25%?). I'm willing to bet Islamabad is more Pashtun than Kabul.
Actually, all Pakistanis care about what Afghans think about them. This forum exists for more than 6 years. In the past 6 years we have seen dozens of Pakistani nationalists like yourself constantly whining about how Afghans are bad people for not loving you.

Actually Pakistanis are allot like Israelis. You know that the existence of your nation state is problematic and that's why others opinion about you and your country is probably the most important subject.

The reason why most Afghans in Kabul hate Pakistan is due to Pakistans role in most conflicts in our recent history. And partially because various entities have led a successful campain of propaganda against Pakistan. If people loose their wallet in Kabul, they blame Pakistan. Most people are very stupid and easily manipulated. Just like you Pakistanis. You are programmed and made to think that your country is great. The same type of propaganda and brainwashing was also applied on Afghans.

Don't act like you are somehow better than those Afghans who have irrational hatred for Pakistan. The way you carry yourself on this forum is just as bad.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shamlawar Khurasani For This Useful Post:
Firdousi (05-20-2017), Nekrofrost (05-22-2017), salman47 (05-22-2017)
(#18)
Old
Traveller's Avatar
Traveller Traveller is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Traveller is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 182
Thanks: 143
Thanked 98 Times in 71 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Default 05-19-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapur View Post
The hatred is reserved mainly for ISI/Army and those who will justify all their actions. There is no hate for common Pakistanis with few exceptions.

I have been to islamabad and its an indic city through and through. Even if there are Pashtuns there, they will get assimilated to the indic culture of the city in the future. Kabul is definitely more Pashtun than Islamabad as you will find symbols of Pashtuns all around the city from street and area names to educational institutions and cultural influence. Ibn Batuta has mentioned 800 years ago about Pashtuns living in Kabul and many Kabulis who are classified as farsiwans persianized Pashtuns because Farsi has been the dominant language in this part of the world for a millennia.
I'm the type of guy who is Pashtun before Pakistani and I don't talk about Pakistan all the time.

I don't think Islamabad is that Indic. It's more "sterile" than anything. Plus the people of Northern Punjab(Potohar) have Pashtun influence and there are a lot of Pashtuns there who I am sure have influenced the city's culture, it's definitely not like Lahore. Also Pashtuns in Islamabad are not getting assimilated as they are there in large numbers and Islamabad is geographically close to KPK so they can maintain connections. If the Pashtuns in Karachi, which is far more Indic than Islamabad and is extremely far away from Pashtun areas, can keep their culture then so can the Pashtuns of Islamabad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
My source is wikipedia.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traveller For This Useful Post:
Elite Pakhtun (05-19-2017), Nekrofrost (05-22-2017)
(#19)
Old
Elite Pakhtun Elite Pakhtun is online now
PF knowledgeable
Elite Pakhtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 989
Thanks: 304
Thanked 131 Times in 115 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default 05-19-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapur View Post
The hatred is reserved mainly for ISI/Army and those who will justify all their actions. There is no hate for common Pakistanis with few exceptions.
Glad to hear. I've heard stories of people going there and getting their asses beat.

I'd like to visit Kabul, but I don't know any forsi. I'm concerned that speaking in my warrior dialect will be a dead giveaway that I'm not a chinky mongoloid (you know... because their eyes wouldn't be able to figure it out).

Quote:
I have been to islamabad and its an indic city through and through. Even if there are Pashtuns there, they will get assimilated to the indic culture of the city in the future. Kabul is definitely more Pashtun than Islamabad as you will find symbols of Pashtuns all around the city from street and area names to educational institutions and cultural influence. Ibn Batuta has mentioned 800 years ago about Pashtuns living in Kabul and many Kabulis who are classified as farsiwans persianized Pashtuns because Farsi has been the dominant language in this part of the world for a millennia.
Ummm... no. Where exactly did you go in Isb? What do you mean by indic through and through? I'm talking about population/demographics. Not language. Obviously it's not going to be in Pashto/talking about Pashtuns. I'm talking purely population.

If Kabul is really only 25% Pashtun, then I don't see why this is so hard to believe. I'm basing it off of my estimates, as census stuff hasn't been updated in Pak for a very long time. Per my guesstimate via living there, I'd say it's like 30% Pashtun population. That's the basis behind my comment. If you're saying my number is too high etc... fine. Tell me what you think it is. But it sounds like you're speaking from a cultural standpoint, to which I can not comment because I haven't visited Kbl yet, nor would I be surprised, as culturally Afghanistan should be more Pashtun given they're in majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamlawar Khurasani View Post
Actually, all Pakistanis care about what Afghans think about them. This forum exists for more than 6 years. In the past 6 years we have seen dozens of Pakistani nationalists like yourself constantly whining about how Afghans are bad people for not loving you.
Dude, I'm not a nationalist. Yes, Pakistanis will come here. They don't realize initially that it's a bait-and-switch i.e. it's infested with Afghans who hate Pakistanis. They actually read the words "Pashtun forums", and for some reason (no idea why) they think it's a forum for Pashtuns. I know... a very stupid assumption.

Quote:
Actually Pakistanis are allot like Israelis. You know that the existence of your nation state is problematic and that's why others opinion about you and your country is probably the most important subject.
**** YEAH BUDDY!!! I hope one day in the future we'll be as rogue as Israel. India and Afghanistan will hate our guts, but we keep ****ing around (way more than now) BECAUSE WE CAN!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Pakistan is seen as the bad boy of Asia. I don't mind being the bad guy. It's kinda fun.

But it's really india that needs to be raped. I just don't like indian types... there's a fair amount of closet indian supporting "pakistanis" on internet communities. There's 1 guy I'm certain is one, but I'll refrain from outing him.

Quote:
The reason why most Afghans in Kabul hate Pakistan is due to Pakistans role in most conflicts in our recent history. And partially because various entities have led a successful campain of propaganda against Pakistan. If people loose their wallet in Kabul, they blame Pakistan. Most people are very stupid and easily manipulated. Just like you Pakistanis. You are programmed and made to think that your country is great. The same type of propaganda and brainwashing was also applied on Afghans.
Well, dude, I must be candid. I think Pakistan is kinda ****ty... I mean I was surprised they had fireworks for new years LOL. That said, I get grossly offended when indiots see people like me and that leads them to think they're somehow a better country. Same with Afghani currencies. I mean it's way better than tawjik infested afghanistan. But I must say, indiots are the MOST brainwashed, idiotic, moronic pieces of **** I've ever seen ever. They think they're such hot ****. Even when I was in uni, Canadian indians that I made friends with actually outright said Pakistanis are superior, and that indiots are really dumb, and fob, and lame, and dumb. These indiots think their indiot country is some amazing heaven silicon valley wall street space shuttle science champion. They're retarded. Their country is cr*p, but they will all collectively think it's amazing.

Just take the cue from online forums. Even here, look at the indiots (Karachi) and look at the Pakistanis. Indiots are EASILY inferior. EASILY. It's like that in real life as well. The problem is they outnumber us 6 to 1. That's a huge problem. But they suck. They only have numbers. Their best go off to the west.

Even go on facebook, and compare comments by indiots (total morons), and Pakistanis (also moronic no doubt, but less moronic, and every so often you'll even see some good smart comments... albeit **** grammar with rare exceptions). Seriously, do an objective comparison. Remove your Tawjik influenced brain and (at least try to) be objective and you'll see I'm right. Indiots are crazy biased and they think their country is amazing. It's insane. I actually admire India's ability to make such mindless drones. I envy it.

Quote:
Don't act like you are somehow better than those Afghans who have irrational hatred for Pakistan. The way you carry yourself on this forum is just as bad.
No it's not. Feel free to be specific and quote me. I have over time been more troll-ish with Afghans though, I'll admit that.

But you're wrong. Not sure how you can compare me to the more nationalistic Afghans here.

Last edited by Elite Pakhtun; 05-20-2017 at 03:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Elite Pakhtun Elite Pakhtun is online now
PF knowledgeable
Elite Pakhtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 989
Thanks: 304
Thanked 131 Times in 115 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default 05-19-2017, 11:26 PM

@Shapur, i actually want to visit Afghanistan... but i am genuinely concerned about safety. Any advice? Risks overstated?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kabul, pashto, farsi, speak, basically

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.