Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Technology - ټكنالوجي > Cell/Mobile Phones موبایل فون
Reload this Page Pashto Keyboard for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch now available
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
THF_DC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Pashto Keyboard for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch now available - 10-31-2010, 12:18 PM

Salam, Pashto keyboard for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad is now available, search for Pashto in the App Store or iTunes!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
(#2)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is online now
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,454
Thanks: 565
Thanked 4,575 Times in 2,267 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM

I actually downloaded it yesterday on my iPod Touch. It's pretty intuitive and simple.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
afridi_iphone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 10-31-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
I actually downloaded it yesterday on my iPod Touch. It's pretty intuitive and simple.
How did you download it. Do we need to Jailbroke our device and have Cydia on it. Please provide the link.

Manana.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
afridi_iphone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 10-31-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazia View Post
I cant find it
Yes I found it and its in the App Store, just type Pash in the search bar and you will be able to see it but its not free. Its $1.99. If you have jailbroken apple device, you will get it from installous for free.:P
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
afridi_iphone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 10-31-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afridi_iphone View Post
How did you download it. Do we need to Jailbroke our device and have Cydia on it. Please provide the link.

Manana.
I got it thanks.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
THF_DC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 11-01-2010, 05:05 AM

@ Jasmine - I am the developer, how can I help?

@Everyone else - Please leave feedback so that I can improve future versions of the Pashto Keyboard!

manana
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
tor_khan's Avatar
tor_khan tor_khan is online now
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,336
Thanks: 828
Thanked 1,689 Times in 966 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Twilight Zone
Default 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM

I will (hopefully) be getting an Iphone soon, so I await with eagerness. At present I use the Farsi option for sending SMSes in Pashto (not quite perfect, I know) - can this feature be added to the Iphone?



Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is online now
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,454
Thanks: 565
Thanked 4,575 Times in 2,267 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 11-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor_khan View Post
I will (hopefully) be getting an Iphone soon, so I await with eagerness. At present I use the Farsi option for sending SMSes in Pashto (not quite perfect, I know) - can this feature be added to the Iphone?
Tor_Khan,
Yes sir. I just tested it. It appears to be working flawlessly.

THF_DC(developer sahab),
You have done an amazing job. I am extremely proud of you. I had a similar plan and idea but I guess you beat me to it and I am glad you did. The application is intuitive, simple and gets the job done.. You hit the nail! I will try to spread the word by telling other site-admins to write an editorial about this application. I think I had some feedback for you, I will post it here when I get a chance.

However, you should also develop it for Android and WebOS. Do you have the necessary knowledge to develop it in WebOS and Android OS? I have connects at Palm/HP who can assist you in understanding the PDK and developer resources. In fact, Android unfortunately doesn't even have a Pashto keyboard nor do Pashto websites render properly.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
THF_DC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 11-02-2010, 04:14 AM

@Admin_Khan sahab - Many thanks for your kind words! I am very pleased that you like this app. Keep checking the app store for updates and new features. I am working on an Android version, but as you say, the text does not render properly, so I am having some issues there. I unfortunately do not have access to a WebOS phone to test on, so the WebOS version will have to wait a while I'm afraid.

@nazia - Unfortunately due to the way that Apple controls their software I cannot add this keyboard to be available in all applications. The keyboards that are available by pressing shift are official Apple releases.

@Aseer Jaan - Just search "pashto" in the App Store, you need iOS version 4.0 or better, so you may need to upgrade your software.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is online now
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,454
Thanks: 565
Thanked 4,575 Times in 2,267 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THF_DC View Post
@Admin_Khan sahab - Many thanks for your kind words! I am very pleased that you like this app. Keep checking the app store for updates and new features. I am working on an Android version, but as you say, the text does not render properly, so I am having some issues there. I unfortunately do not have access to a WebOS phone to test on, so the WebOS version will have to wait a while I'm afraid.

@nazia - Unfortunately due to the way that Apple controls their software I cannot add this keyboard to be available in all applications. The keyboards that are available by pressing shift are official Apple releases.

@Aseer Jaan - Just search "pashto" in the App Store, you need iOS version 4.0 or better, so you may need to upgrade your software.
THF_DC,
There are many Pashtuns who have an iPhone but they unfortunately do not have iOS4. Is there anyway you could perhaps downgrade the requirements? For example, just yesterday, I was at the Mosque and I was in a sense 'spreading the word' about your achievement[application] and upon attempting to download the application on my friends iPhone, It stated iOS4 is required. Now you must carefully pay attention to a few basic things.

  • Not every Pashtun has an iPhone 4. Many, and I mean many have iPhone 2G's and iPhone 3G's and there is also a sizable amount of 3GS users.
  • I understand you can update your iPhone to iOS4[excluding the iPhone 2G]but do you have any clue how slow the iPhone begins to operate upon updating it to iOS4? I happen to be employed in a similar field, and believe me when I say the lack of ram and A4 processor makes a crucial difference on how iOS4 operates on the iPhone 3G. So please,if possible, try to somehow make it compatible on 2.x and 3.x.


If I can be of your assistance, feel free to let me know. I again thank you for investing your time in the betterment of our language.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
ipad, iphone, ipod, keyboard, pashto, touch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.