Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Hujra - حجره
Reload this Page have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend?
User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21)
Old
Master Khan's Avatar
Master Khan Master Khan is offline
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 16,526
Thanks: 1,498
Thanked 1,214 Times in 935 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Swabi Khyber Pakhtunkhwa , UK
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by persiangirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Khan
I been in UK for 10 years and I never had a girlfriend...and I don't want one aswell.
Waste of time and Money.
plus I don't wanna cheat on my princess back home . Its not a Pashtun thing aswell.
were you ever tempted to have a girl?
Nope, I don't even ask girls out lol.


Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
(#22)
Old
Palwasha
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 11:57 AM

I don't think I'd ever have a boyfriend....and that's not just because I'm scared of my eldest brother.

Islam is obviously against it, but apart from that my conscience is too big and I couldn't betray my parents like that. It'd kill me if I ever had a child who dated. In this day and age it's common amongst many Muslims to go out with people, it's kinda ridiculous and I too respect people who choose not to do it.

The way I see it, if you date someone who is unfaithful to his parents, and more importantly to His God, then how can you expect him to forever be faithful to you?

Both our culture & religion rightly condemn it. Our marriages last longer anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Pakhtunzai (08-31-2010)
(#23)
Old
Master Khan's Avatar
Master Khan Master Khan is offline
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 16,526
Thanks: 1,498
Thanked 1,214 Times in 935 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Swabi Khyber Pakhtunkhwa , UK
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaney
I don't think I'd ever have a boyfriend....and that's not just because I'm scared of my eldest brother.

Islam is obviously against it, but apart from that my conscience is too big and I couldn't betray my parents like that. It'd kill me if I ever had a child who dated. In this day and age it's common amongst many Muslims to go out with people, it's kinda ridiculous and I too respect people who choose not to do it.

The way I see it, if you date someone who is unfaithful to his parents, and more importantly to His God, then how can you expect him to forever be faithful to you?

Both our culture & religion rightly condemn it. Our marriages last longer anyway.
aaoo kaana deer kha wai.
can't these people wait till marrige? :roll:


Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
(#24)
Old
Shayesta's Avatar
Shayesta Shayesta is offline
PF contributor
Shayesta is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,497
Thanks: 586
Thanked 626 Times in 403 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 05:36 PM

I am not against all this export/import marriages and stuff, but what bothers me is that most of Muslim guys marry back home thinking girls there never had boyfriends and therefore are pure. How wrong could they be! They don't realise that back home it might be an Islamic nation, but it doesn't mean every single person is there a true follower of Islam as well. Let's not forget that people back home are exactly same people like us with same desires and same thinking, so if those in West can feel need for having a partner then why not those back home?

Having said that, I believe that at the end of the day for every single person there is only one person meant to be. No matter how many partners you have or had, at the end of the day you gonna end up with one only. So save your time, energy and sins by just waiting till you are very sure of the person you in love with!


Gar Jahanum Sakhtam Ferdaws Ham Mesazamat
(#25)
Old
Shayesta's Avatar
Shayesta Shayesta is offline
PF contributor
Shayesta is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,497
Thanks: 586
Thanked 626 Times in 403 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM

@Pashtun
I pretty much had the same thinking as you but trust me, stories I have heard from Turkish, Moroccans and even those who returned from Kabul shocked me to death. I never expected Muslim women back home to be that free and I don't know what type of women you met in Europe but I met some very well mannered and very well respected Muslim women here in Europe which might be hardly to find anywhere else. And no I am not saying dating is okay, I am saying that dating is waste of time plus you are committing a sin. Best is just to wait for THE one.


Gar Jahanum Sakhtam Ferdaws Ham Mesazamat
(#26)
Old
Master Khan's Avatar
Master Khan Master Khan is offline
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 16,526
Thanks: 1,498
Thanked 1,214 Times in 935 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Swabi Khyber Pakhtunkhwa , UK
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomepashtun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaney
I don't think I'd ever have a boyfriend....and that's not just because I'm scared of my eldest brother.

Islam is obviously against it, but apart from that my conscience is too big and I couldn't betray my parents like that. It'd kill me if I ever had a child who dated. In this day and age it's common amongst many Muslims to go out with people, it's kinda ridiculous and I too respect people who choose not to do it.

The way I see it, if you date someone who is unfaithful to his parents, and more importantly to His God, then how can you expect him to forever be faithful to you?

Both our culture & religion rightly condemn it. Our marriages last longer anyway.
aaoo kaana deer kha wai.
can't these people wait till marrige? :roll:
The answer is NO.
They can't. Its called temptation, I don't know which village you live in but when you are in a big city things are hard to be kept religously.
I live in Swabi in NWFP, I spend 15 years outside (5 years in Hong kong and 10 years in England).
I don't mind if you want to test a girl to see if she likes you and you like her.
My friend (Pakistani) has been going out with this girl for more then a year now, and now they want to get married.


Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
(#27)
Old
Roshina
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRIDI
Qrratughai, so you are against an unfaithful man marrying or exporting women?
What? I don't understand your question....
but what I was saying was that what too many parents do is live and raise their children *in the west* but take them back home for marriage! The fact, however, is that not all girls raised abroad are likely to survive with boys from back home because of the mentality and all. Please, guys, don't assume that this means that all girls raised outside of Pukhtunkhwa eventually become *****s, dressing inappropriately, thinking inappropriately, not having respect for their families and culture and Pukhtunwali and all. If anything, quite the opposite is the case with many, MANY girls raised outside of Pukhtunkhwa. It's like, our relatives back home actually make fun of us for being in the west and NOT being "modern" :S Their sense of modernity, I guess, is wearing short sleeves in front of (male) elders, being okay with dating, constantly rejecting marriage proposals, not wearing a headscarf, and so on.

So, I have to agree with Shayesta khor that girls raised back home actually tend to be *better*. Why? Because we have this burden of STILL representing our culture while being raised outside of it. And so, even while our culture evolves back home, the mentality that our parents have REMAINS what it was years, maybe even decades, ago for our people back home at the time of their migration to the west.

What I'm against is ... parents' bringing young girls from back home and marrying them to their sons *raised* in the west. I'm against this because that leaves the girls raised in the west to pretty much no one! These girls are then compelled to go back home and find guys *raised* back home, and they're often incompatible for each other.
(#28)
Old
Roshina
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 09:22 PM

As for arranged marriages ... please refer to the following link; it's dedicated solely to a discussion on "arranged marriages."

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=109
(#29)
Old
Roshina
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRIDI
I disagree with your reasoning, sorry.
What's with people apologizing for disagreeing with others? :shock: C'mon, folks! Let's not apologize for such a thing, lol. Try to be more confident about your views (not implying you're not, though).
(#30)
Old
*Mahzala*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: have you had a boyfriend or girlfriend? - 03-08-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekhawar
Mesbeh,nice read.

however, Love marriage or arrange marriage and why? Would you let your parents choose you who to marry?and don't use the they know what is best for me.

I want a logical explanation before I argue this with you.
I will reply to you in the Arranged Marriage thread created by Qrratugai. Seems its heated up quite a bit. Non-Pashtuns registering to express their views on it too. Its a sensitive one, we sould be a tad more careful with what we say, and avoid sweeping and generalising statements.
Closed Thread

Tags
boyfriend, girlfriend

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.