Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Development - سپما او پرمختګ
Reload this Page Afghanistan and African countries: Pakistan starts optic fibre cable export
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Afghanistan and African countries: Pakistan starts optic fibre cable export - 10-02-2010, 02:37 PM

KARACHI (September 14 2010): For the first time Pakistan has started export of optic fibre cable to Afghanistan, and African countries. Talking to Business Recorder, Chairman of Federal 'B' Area Association of Trade and Industry (FBAATI) and Director of Premier Cables, Shahid Ismail, said that Pakistan exported almost 1000 km optic fibre cable to these countries, and more orders were in pipeline for export.

He said that Pakistan managed to secure this tender after beating China and India in quality and price competition. Pakistan has huge potential for export of optic fibre cable. To take hold of this opportunity Pakistan must take steps to reduce cost of manufacturing in the country, he added. He said that power and gas tariffs are among the highest in Pakistan, and added that the govt should take appropriate measures to reduce cost of manufacturing.

Citing the example of China, he said that China allows duty-fee import of raw material used in manufacturing of optic fibre besides allowing rebate on its export. Shahid said that Pakistan allows duty drawback on export of optic fibre, and added that the process of claiming duty drawback is very cumbersome, and demanded that SRO relating to duty drawback must be simplified. He also demanded of the government to take appropriate measures to curb smuggling of optic fibre from China. At present, around 400 to 500 km optic fibre is being smuggled into Pakistan per month, he added.

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
The Following User Says Thank You to Talal For This Useful Post:
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Pakistan has helped out but like every country it has its interests.
Pakistan hasn't helped as much as it should have but we are limited by our own capacity and economic problems

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-02-2010, 07:47 PM

^ We have failed as guests Nazia. So many things happened wrong between Pakistan and Afghanistan, had both countries not played politics over land and fought amongst eachother perhaps things would have been different..but we don't learn we only fight eachother not knowing what is it that we should really be fighting

(#4)
Old
amna.

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 10-02-2010, 09:05 PM

Afghanistan and Pakistan both are dependent on each other. I hope they realize that. We have nothing against Punjabis or Sindhi. We just hate the politicians whom play with our blood.
(#5)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-03-2010, 12:33 AM

Yes prince and by we I am referring to Pakistanis

(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownprince View Post
Do you ever criticize Pakistan? You are fully aware that they oppress the people in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, right?
I give critisism where it's deserved .. I think FATA and Balochistan are the darkest chapters not only in our history but in present as well..But I haven't given up hope on my people..Many people people here call me a punjabi dog and throw remarks about Punjab but even not being a pure Pashtun I still consider them my people and I am more sad for them than I usually show and I hope one day they too see development and prosperity like the rest of Pakistan

(#7)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Sher Malang is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 10-03-2010, 12:55 AM

Afghanistan is also connected with the fiber optic of Central Asia.

Thanks for sharing.

Life is like posing for pictures. We pose the way we want to be seen by others. But stolen shots are better. They capture who we really are...

Tags
afghanistan, african, cable, countries, export, fibre, optic, pakistan, starts