Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Travel - سفر
Reload this Page Herat
User Tag List

(#21)
Old
pukhtana

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 09-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Herat is a city in Afghanistan that all Pashtuns love and will always love. Historically Pashtuns have been living in Herat. I love these pictures manana for sharing.
(#22)
Old
shehram

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Abbotabad Pukhtoonkhwa - 09-04-2010, 09:36 PM

Last edited by shehram; 09-05-2010 at 06:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Nokia_Apridy (09-05-2010)
(#23)
Old
PF contributor
Feroz Afridi is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM

ايبټ اباد ډير ښائيسته وطن دے خو د افسوس خبره دا ده چې کوم د ښار زړه دے هغه فوځيانو نيولې دے
دغسې هر يو ښار کښې چې کوم خائيسته ځائي وي هغه د فوځيانو چهاونئ وي
او خائيسته ځکه وي چې د عوامو مداخلت پکښې نه وي او فوځيانو هغه ځائي پخپله جوړ کړې وي۔

(#24)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,623 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 09-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Herat is a beautiful city. Herat is full of brave Pashtun tribes such as Noorzais, Kakars and so forth.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#25)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-04-2010, 11:53 PM

what the hell is with the competition? it all belongs to one earth. you can't take it to hell with you so leave it alone as it is. it's not a show and tell competition.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamDZJ For This Useful Post:
(#26)
Old
PF senior
Mayana is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Default 09-05-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
How would you like it if a punjabi comes here and starts posting about his city ?

What the hell kind of comparison is this?
How dare you compare Punjabis to Afghans? Have some shame!
It's a city in Afghanistan, we are all Afghans. If you consider yourself otherwise, Pakistaniyat di mubarak.

Think. Think before you post. That city in itself probably has more Pashtuns than you've seen in your whole life
if that is what you care about, so please. THINK before you post.

Daa zma lewanay Zrra gorah, daa sta lewanee Mina..
Za ba da Sahra warnakam da Iran pa Golestan,
Dalta za yao & yakta yam, halta zar zma pa Shaan

Last edited by Mayana; 09-05-2010 at 01:02 AM.
(#27)
Old
PF VIP

Default 09-05-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
DaZahroJaam its a lot more than a city. Its our life and they are calling it just a farsiwaan city. Its an Afghan city
so? do you know what afghanistan means? or what an afghan is?
afghanistan is not only home to you pashtoons. it's also a home to uzbaks tajiks and hazaras. no stranger with intentions of creating frictions between you should be allowed to walk in and tell you which one of you belong where.
had you been an honest muslim with a good heart first and a selfish pashtoon, hazara tajik or uzbak later, you wouldnt have claimed to be anything other than an afghan first. you would have not put your own interest ahead of your country by betraying it and defending yourself by denying your own countrymen.
you are a bloody traitor. go ahead fight for yourself and yourself only. tomorrow when some one comes in to your house to tell you which sibling to strangle, do that too.
30 years of fighting among yourselves like a bunch of hungry dogs didn't teach any of you anything. you people don't have any respect for yourself, why should any one else respect you. you can't afford standing up for your country first, your own needs are too dire and overwhelming. i don't know to what, but you have sold off your moral sense of being. insaniyat yaw ta zda na dey, d pukhto khabari kawey.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamDZJ For This Useful Post:
(#28)
Old
PF VIP

Default 09-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heratigirl View Post
Your calling me a traitor?

YES
o my goooosh! shadow caster..please please don't speak like that. herat is not dominated by farsiwans. it's home to proud pashtoons.
please please...pashtoons own afghanistan. we are not tajiks or parsiwans.

AND NOT JUST YOU, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU STINK OF TREACHERY. WHEN YOU DIE AND ROT, THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO BURY YOU. EVEN THE EARTH WOULDN'T TAKE YOU IN. OR AT LEAST I HOPE NOT.

(#29)
Old
PF VIP

Default 09-05-2010, 01:02 AM

I M NOT A LOT BETTER THAN ANYTHING. IF ANYTHING, I AM A LOT WORST THAN tHIS.
YOU DEFENDED YOURSELF BY SAYING IT'S NOT A FARSIWAN CITY. AS IF BEING A FARSIWAN IS A CURSE OR SOMETHING..YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO CORRECT ANY ONE FURTHER THAN THAT EITHER. GOOD NIGHT.

(#30)
Old
PF senior
Mayana is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Default 09-05-2010, 01:06 AM

I think the point is that we should defend the city regardless of its Pashtun population. It's an interesting fact to refute Shadow Caster's point, but if it was Takhaar that's being attacked, would be react the same? Or would we say, it's a buncha "Parsiwaans" that deserve being attacked? A few rhetorical questions to ponder upon

Now let's stick to the topic, please.

Daa zma lewanay Zrra gorah, daa sta lewanee Mina..
Za ba da Sahra warnakam da Iran pa Golestan,
Dalta za yao & yakta yam, halta zar zma pa Shaan

Tags
herat