Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Pakistan air base under attack: officials
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistan air base under attack: officials - 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226451566978

Pakistan air base under attack: officials

August 16, 2012 10:26AM

MILITANTS armed with guns and rocket launchers have stormed a key Pakistani air force base before dawn, sparking heavy clashes with security forces, officials say.

There was no immediate reports of casualties nor was it clear how many assailants had penetrated PAF Base Minhas, in the town of Kamra in Punjab province, about 80 kilometres northwest of Islamabad.
An air force statement said forces had cordoned off the area around the air base.
Police officer Hafeez Aulakh said the militants entered the air base before dawn on Thursday. He was standing outside the air base and could hear intense gunfire and see flames leaping up from inside.
Officials said special forces were scrambled to respond to the attack at the base, home to the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, the manufacturing division of the air force that builds Mirage and, with Chinese support, JF-17 fighter jets.

Witnesses said they could hear gun and rocket fire, and the sound of hand grenades coming from the facility.
"A group of terrorists has attacked a portion of PAF Base Minhas," the Pakistan Air Force announced in a brief statement.
"Intense fire is being exchanged between the security personnel and the terrorists," it added without giving any further information.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Islamist militants linked to the Pakistani Taliban have targeted a string of military bases in a five-year insurgency.
In May 2011, it took security forces 17 hours to quell a similar attack on an air base in the southern city of Karachi that killed 10 security personnel and destroyed two US-made aircraft, and was claimed by the Taliban.
The military in Kamra, in the central province of Punjab, has been targeted at least twice in recent years.
On October 23, 2009 a suicide bomber killed six civilians and two Pakistan Air Force personnel at a checkpoint outside the base during morning rush hour.
On December 10, 2007, a suicide car bomber struck a school bus, wounding at least five children of base employees.
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-15-2012, 08:57 PM

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...n-battle-rages

Militants Attack Pakistan Air Base in Kamra, Gun Battle Rages

By Farhan Sharif on August 15, 2012

Militants attacked the Pakistan Air Force Kamra Base in Attock district Punjab where security forces are engaged in fighting the terrorists, a spokesman said.
The attack took place at 2 a.m. local time and “we are engaged in clearing the base,” Tariq Mahmood, a spokesman for the Pakistan airforce said by phone. He said it isn’t yet known how many attackers there are.
In May 2011, taliban guerillas attacked a naval air base in Karachi and killed 10 security forces in a 16 hour gun battle.
To contact the reporter on this story: Farhan Sharif in Karachi at fsharif2@bloomberg.net
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Naween Mangi at nmangi1@bloomberg.net
(#3)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 08-15-2012, 08:59 PM

done by isi to legitimate the NW operation and pave way for it. How clever and cunning minds they have got.
(#4)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 08-15-2012, 09:05 PM

The discourse in Pakistan for the next month would be how India is trying to destroy Pakistan's JF-17 program.

That and how the US staged this attack to make Pakistan go into North Waziristan.

So they got two birds with one stone. Nicely played, CIA+RAW+Mossad.

Oh and the militants involved in this attack are all uncircumcised. I'm calling it.

Edit: The Pakistani above already said it while I was typing my post! lol..

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Levanaye Zalmaye For This Useful Post:
Adam (08-15-2012), Friend (08-15-2012), randolph85 (08-16-2012), RevolutionThroughReason (08-16-2012)
(#5)
Old
PF knowledgeable
M17ArnoBaloch is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 08-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanaye Zalmaye View Post
Oh and the militants involved in this attack are all uncircumcised. I'm calling it.
lol.................

جی وا ترا بلوچ ، ذندان بلوچ ، کلو واتنییے
G wa tra Baloch , Balochistan Zindabad

(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
done by isi to legitimate the NW operation and pave way for it. How clever and cunning minds they have got.
They already made clear they will do North Waziristan operation,. These Pakis have justified NATO supply, justified drone attacks, justified the heavy bombardment of FATA and Balochistan.

I dont know if you know, but on a daily basis, the napakis conduct air raids in FATA .

These guys justify selling their butt

Pakistan is falling apart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shah-i-Kot For This Useful Post:
Afghanistan2010 (08-15-2012)
(#7)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 08-15-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
They already made clear they will do North Waziristan operation,. These Pakis have justified NATO supply, justified drone attacks.

These guys justify selling their butt

Pakistan is falling apart.
Yes but this was done to remove obstacles that come in the way and shut the mouths of those who speak against the operation.
You don't know isi is very cunning and clever, they can do anything to fulfill their mission.
(#8)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,300 Times in 953 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Default 08-15-2012, 09:16 PM

its a pure slave army, US uses this army like a dog basically whenever they want to. All the modern muslim armies are slaves of the west, we muslims should have realized this long ago
(#9)
Old
PF senior
BLS_1919v2.0 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,033 Times in 702 Posts
Default 08-15-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanaye Zalmaye View Post
The discourse in Pakistan for the next month would be how India is trying to destroy Pakistan's JF-17 program.

That and how the US staged this attack to make Pakistan go into North Waziristan.

So they got two birds with one stone. Nicely played, CIA+RAW+Mossad.

Edit: The Pakistani above already said it while I was typing my post! lol..
This chicken and egg game will eventually come to its head, a final nail to this coffin call pakistan.
(#10)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Yes but this was done to remove obstacles that come in the way and shut the mouths of those who speak against the operation.
You don't know isi is very cunning and clever, they can do anything to fulfill their mission.
Pakistan has been giving NATO supplies for the last 10 years. This has caused instability throughout the region.

India and Iran do not give NATO supplies, and hence, are at a relative peace compared to Pakistan.

Common sense is only needed. War does not bring peace, but the complete opposite.

Tags
air, attack, base, officials, pakistan