Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Sports - لوبې
Reload this Page Bangladesh push past Australia, Pakistan in T20 rankings
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Afgun is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bangladesh push past Australia, Pakistan in T20 rankings - 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM

Bangladesh have moved up to No. 4* on the ICC's Twenty20 rankings, after beating Ireland 3-0 on their tour of Europe. For now, only England, South Africa and Sri Lanka lie above Bangladesh in the rankings.
Bangladesh had broken into the rankings for the first time after their one-run win in the second match of the series; they had catapulted into the No. 6 spot, ahead of New Zealand, India and West Indies. Saturday's last-ball win lifted them further up the list, past Australia and Pakistan.
Ireland, who were in ninth position ahead of the series, dropped two places to eleventh, meaning Afghanistan move into tenth.

ICC Twenty20 rankings

• 1 England
  • 2 South Africa
  • 3 Sri Lanka
  • 4 Bangladesh
  • 5 Pakistan
  • 6 Australia
  • 7 New Zealand
  • 8 India
  • 9 West Indies
  • 10 Afghanistan

According to the ICC rules, only teams that have played at least eight Twenty20 internationals in the period starting August 1 2009 to date (the qualifying period changes every August) will get a ranking.
Their elevated position is perhaps more than what captain Mushfiqur Rahim had hoped for ahead of Bangladesh's tour to Europe; he was eager, he said, to just break into the rankings. "We are still not good in the new format of the game. Due to lack of international matches we are not even in the ICC Twenty20 international rankings, while even Afghanistan occupies a spot in the rankings," Mushfiqur had told reporters before leaving Dhaka. "We have a chance to break into the [rankings] table if we can win matches on this tour."

Bismillah, alhamdulillah, all praises due to Allah and may Allah increase the honor of Prophet Muhammad and protect our nation from any harm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Afgun For This Useful Post:
asad71 (07-22-2012)
(#2)
Old
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 06:08 PM

We've got a young team who give their all to the game.
(#3)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,566 Times in 2,263 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 06:30 PM

Im very happy for BD. Well deserved.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Im very happy for BD. Well deserved.
Yes I am happy too for Bangladesh. But India is too down, are you sad ?
(#5)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 06:50 PM

They haven't played any T20s against top opposition still well deserved tho

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#6)
Old
Administrator

Default 07-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal View Post
They haven't played any T20s against top opposition still well deserved tho
Pakistan is top opposition, and BD almost beat them. BD also beat India in T20.

I honestly think BD is a threat to all nations, and they have a promising squad.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
asad71 (07-23-2012)
(#7)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,217 Times in 886 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 07:01 PM

T20 is not my thing, unless its a India vs Pakistan match
(#8)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Pakistan is top opposition, and BD almost beat them. BD also beat India in T20.

I honestly think BD is a threat to all nations, and they have a promising squad.
They lack severely in pace attack, but they have put together a good coaching team.

Anyways enough about BD, saw Jarrod wearing this shirt in two chucks took a snapshot..Cheers :thumb up:

guess the team people
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-07-21 at 10.42.55 PM.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#9)
Old
Administrator

Default 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal View Post
They lack severely in pace attack, but they have put together a good coaching team.

Anyways enough about BD, saw Jarrod wearing this shirt in two chucks took a snapshot..Cheers :thumb up:

guess the team people
Yeah, but 'almost' beating Pakistan is an accomplishment, given how strong the Pakistani cricket team is, and their obvious historical achievements.

As per the shirt: Excuse my ignorance Talal, but what does that shirt mean?

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#10)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
T20 is not my thing, unless its a India vs Pakistan match
Ahan...