Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Racism in India
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Toramana is on a distinguished road

Thanked 3,098 Times in 2,130 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Racism in India - 07-05-2012, 01:32 PM

In spite of friendship and love in private spaces, the Delhi public literally stops and stares. It is harrowing to constantly have children and adults tease, taunt, pick, poke and peer at you from the corner of their eyes, denying their own humanity as well as mine. Their aggressive, crude curiosity threatens to dominate unless disarmed by kindness, or met with equal aggression.
Once I stood gazing at the giraffes at the Lucknow Zoo only to turn and see 50-odd families gawking at ...

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?250317
(#2)
Old
PF knowledgeable
drona is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Scared
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-05-2012, 01:46 PM

Unfortunately true, but mostly limited to few North Indian states.

Last edited by drona; 07-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.
(#3)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-05-2012, 02:09 PM

The writer is a very weak individual. They are not guacking at you because you are at a zoo and happen to be black but because they arenot familiar with people if you origin and people tend to be intimidated by the unknown. You chose to go across the globe and study with in people of different cultural background while lacking the backbone to accept that you look different than the rest of them. If you were in north America of USA, I doubt that you would've written an article to complain about how well you are being treated in comparison to some "paki".

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamDZJ For This Useful Post:
drona (07-05-2012)

Tags
india, racism