Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Taliban to ban polio vaccinations for children until US stops drone strikes
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
laevanay is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Taliban to ban polio vaccinations for children until US stops drone strikes - 06-18-2012, 06:37 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...153252109.html

Abu Yahya al-Libi (Getty)
A Taliban leader in Pakistan said that until the United States stops drone strikes—like the one that killed al-Qaida no. 2 Abu Yahya al-Libi earlier this month—it will ban polio vaccinations of Pakistani children in the region it controls.

"Polio drops will be banned in North Waziristan until the drones strikes are stopped," Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur said in a statement released Saturday and published Monday by CNN. "Almost every resident of North Waziristan has become a mental patient because of the drone strikes, which are worse than polio. On one hand, the U.S. spends millions of dollars to eliminate polio, while on the other hand it kills hundreds with the help of its slave, Pakistan."

UNICEF had been hoping to launch a drive this week to vaccinate 161,000 children in the region. Bahadur said he consulted with leaders of the Taliban and al-Qaida and with Punjabi leaders before making the decision to ban the vaccinations.

Pakistan's vaccination program came under scrutiny after a Pakistani doctor accused of helping the CIA locate Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad under the guise of the "door-to-door" program was sentenced to 33 years in prison for "acting against the state."

The announcement, the New York Times said, is "a blow to polio vaccination efforts in Pakistan, which is one of just three countries where the disease is still endemic and which accounted for 198 new cases last year—the highest rate in the world."

But it's doubtful that the warning will affect U.S. drone strikes. The White House has increased its drone operations under President Barack Obama. The Pakistani government has objected to the drone strikes, saying they are "a violation of Pakistan's sovereignty."

From the creator of www.pakhtun.com and its web forum Da Pukhtano Majlas the complete Pakhtun website!!!
(#2)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,796 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM

thats not good
(#3)
Old
PF senior
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,887 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Default 06-19-2012, 02:30 AM

using his own peoples health as a bargaining chip? smart guy...

There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
(#4)
Old
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 06-19-2012, 02:37 AM

and people like Lynx and Shadowgoverner view the Taliban as heroes
(#5)
Old
PF knowledgeable
drona is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Scared
Default 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM

^^
Thinking ( ??? ) process of a wannabe Talib :

Premise : US is Evil.
Inference: It cripples our kids by drone strikes.

<Wannabe Talib thinking>

Conclusion: The Evil Amreekkans will stop the drone strikes if we help them out by crippling our own kids by denying them the polio vaccine !!

Last edited by drona; 06-19-2012 at 11:04 AM.
(#6)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Drone strikes have killed thousands of civilians, mostly women and children.

These polio vaccination teams (mostly NGOs) are now seen as spies abusing children and not actually giving proper medical treatment.

Im sure Islamic Red Crescent is still allowed to operated within the region, probably under a lot of scrutiny.

Yeah, running fake vaccination programs, how ethical??
(#7)
Old
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Drone strikes have killed thousands of civilians, mostly women and children.

These polio vaccination teams (mostly NGOs) are now seen as spies abusing children and not actually giving proper medical treatment.

Im sure Islamic Red Crescent is still allowed to operated within the region, probably under a lot of scrutiny.

Yeah, running fake vaccination programs, how ethical??

Talk about trying to Divert the subject
The Following User Says Thank You to RevolutionThroughReason For This Useful Post:
faye (06-20-2012)
(#8)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
laevanay is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Happy
Default 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM

Surprised that the taliban apologists have not said that this is fake or that this guy is not from the area, or that this guy is an actor, or etc etc excuses, excuses......

Drone strikes do kill women and children so do retaliation blasts bythese cowards who want me to die for their Islam but themselves hide in caves or in bungalows in the cool hills. But drones have killed pollution in the name of humanity and there is no doubt about that.... This pollution is also responsible for killing innocents but the cowards who find excuses for their heros will not mention that... Good riddance!!!

We support the killing of this pollution and hope for the day we get rid of all those losers who have no purpose in life other than terrorizing others!

From the creator of www.pakhtun.com and its web forum Da Pukhtano Majlas the complete Pakhtun website!!!

Last edited by laevanay; 06-19-2012 at 01:15 PM.
(#9)
Old
PF senior
KhyberKhan is on a distinguished road

Default 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM

Yes, I'm sure Dr Shakil Afridi with be project managing this polio drive too.
(#10)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM

Islamic Red Crescent and Red Cross are still active there, so in reality this news was only about the Western backed NGOs.

Tags
ban, children, drone, polio, stops, strikes, taliban, vaccinations