Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page PTI activists baton-charged, arrested in Karachi
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PTI activists baton-charged, arrested in Karachi - 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM

http://dawn.com/2012/06/18/pti-activ...ed-in-karachi/

PTI activists baton-charged, arrested in Karachi
DAWN.COM | 3 hours ago

KARACHI: Police used water cannons and batons to disperse the participants of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) pro-judiciary rally in Karachi. Several PTI activists were also arrested after that, DawnNews reported on Monday.
The rally participants lodged their protest at press club; as the rally moved towards the red zone, police used batons and water cannons to stop them.
PTI Sindh spokesman Faisal Wadoo said that his party condemns the arrest of General Secretary Arif Alvi, prominent leaders Ashraf Qureshi, Asad Umar and other leaders of the party. He said that party also condemns the brutal violence of the police against the party leaders.
After the incident, the PTI activists staged a sit-in at Shahra-e-Faisal, one of the busiest roads of the city, to register their protest causing traffic jam on the road in the busy hours of the day.
Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf held a rallies in different cities of Pakistan to show solidarity with the judiciary after the recent allegation against Chief Justice’s son, Arsalan Iftikhar, for taking money from Malik Riaz to influence courts in his favour.
PTI rallies were held in Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Sukkur and Ghotki.

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2012/06/...n-pti-workers/

Imran expresses solidarity with SC, condemns torture on PTI workers

By Mudasser Aziz - Jun 18th, 2012 (No Comment)

Islamabad: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan has condemned police torture on PTI rally in Karachi and warned the government of march on President House if his party was singled out.
Speaking at rally taken out to express solidarity with the Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday, Khan said that entire nation was standing by the Chief Justice and the PTI.
“PTI is ready to start tsunami march if Supreme Court’s decision are not accepted,” he said.
Earlier in Karachi, police baton charged Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) workers as they gathered at Fawara Chowk near the Governor’s House during a pro-judiciary rally in Karachi on Monday.
Clashes erupted between the police and PTI workers as the latter used water canon to disburse the participant of the rally.
Central Secretary General of Imran Khan’s party Dr Arif Alvi and some other office bearers of the PTI were arrested.
The PTI had announced on Sunday to take out rally to express solidarity with the Supreme Court of Pakistan in the back drop of Arsalan-Malik Riaz case. Many in Pakistan see the case as a conspiracy against the apex court.
(#2)
Old
PF senior
MostafaM is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default 06-18-2012, 03:41 PM

I donīt understand why Lynx is flooding the forum with Paki-News.

This forumīs name is Pashtun Forums and not Pakistani Forums.

Keep your "news" to yourself or post them on Pak-Defense.

The only constant is change.
The Following User Says Thank You to MostafaM For This Useful Post:
Levanaye Zalmaye (06-19-2012)
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostafa1919 View Post

When Imran Khan's PTI takes over, he will end Pak support (critical air supply routes which still remain open) for the NATO war/occupation/Karzai/Northern Alliance pimp regime, and end the drone attacks.

It is pleasant to know.

Pakistan has been propping up a NATO war/Karzai regime in Kabul with NATO supply routes .

The support for the NATO war with supply routes is un-Islamic, immoral, a crime against humanity, and has resulted in a lot of Pashtun deaths.

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 06-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.
(#4)
Old
PF senior

Default 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostafa1919 View Post

Pak Army has played a very dirty game in supporting the NATO war/Karzai regime/NA fascists/pimps with the critical NATO supply routes, previously both ground and air supplies, but now they still have the air supply routes open.

Pakistan is the only country that supplies NATO/Karzai regime with lethal supplies. Northern Distribution Network does not.

An Imran victory is conducive to ending the NATO war/occupation in Afghanistan from the logistical support aspect.

The NATO war has resulted in mostly and only Pashtun deaths.
(#5)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 06-19-2012, 01:12 AM

lynx aka unknownprince, it surprises me how you continue to linger on to spread your misinformation and confusion.

Pakistan is playing a classic double game. Every kid in Afghanistan knows this. Imran Khan is no friend to the Pashtuns. He's a Punjabi politician. He represents Islamabad's interests, which can never be one with the interests of Pashtuns on either side of the Durand divide. And are you really naive enough to believe that he will end the US' drone attacks? The drones have thus far been a non-negotiable issue and there are no signs that it will change.

The only thing your precious Pakistan has to do in order to stop the drone attacks in North Waziristan, by the way, is to move its forces there. After all, the NWA groups are all pro-Pakistan. But the Punjabi generals have given the North Waziristan militants groups free reign in the agency in exchange for loyalty in any post-Karzai 2014 setup in Kabul. Make no mistake, the military establishment, who are the real backers of Imran Khan, have still not given up their dreams of conquering Kabul. We lar Pashtuns are already Punjab's slaves and they wish to enslave the bar Pashtuns as well.

The next thing you'll say is that Imran Khan will help reunite Peshawar with Kabul. And he will make Pashto the official language of Pakistan.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
The Following User Says Thank You to Levanaye Zalmaye For This Useful Post:
afghan (06-19-2012)
(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanaye Zalmaye View Post
lynx aka unknownprince, it surprises me how you continue to linger on to spread your misinformation and confusion.

Pakistan is playing a classic double game. Every kid in Afghanistan knows this. Imran Khan is no friend to the Pashtuns. He's a Punjabi politician. He represents Islamabad's interests, which can never be one with the interests of Pashtuns on either side of the Durand divide. And are you really naive enough to believe that he will end the US' drone attacks? The drones have thus far been a non-negotiable issue and there are no signs that it will change.
Pakistan supports the NATO war/Karzai regime in Kabul with NATO supply lines at Torkham and Chaman. NATO was was not possible without Pakistan supply lines.

Karzai flew aboard American choppers from Islamabad to Kabul, not from Delhi or Tehran to Kabul, but Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

Pakistan Army cooperates with the drone attacks. The government and army are together on this even at this juncture in time. Dont be fooled into thinking the US does drones without Pak cooperation.

Disinformation and distortion in the name of a false nationalism is not your card anymore. You and others, cheerleaders of war and bloodshed of Pashtuns by NATO and Pak Army (one in the same, please do not separate your NATO masters from your Pak Army masters- they sit together and decided on war that focused on Pashtun bloodshed, they sit and decide on drones too buddy)

Quote:
The only thing your precious Pakistan has to do in order to stop the drone attacks in North Waziristan, by the way, is to move its forces there. After all, the NWA groups are all pro-Pakistan. But the Punjabi generals have given the North Waziristan militants groups free reign in the agency in exchange for loyalty in any post-Karzai 2014 setup in Kabul.
Buddy, your Pakistan Army supports the NATO war with supply routes at Torkham and Chaman. Pakistan Army supports drone attacks and coordinates with the US on drone attacks. This was not an issue of contention. Pakistan supports the illegal Karzai regime in Kabul with the supply routes. The NATO war was not possible without Pakistan support. ANP and PPP both support drone attacks and reopening of supply routes.

Quote:
Make no mistake, the military establishment, who are the real backers of Imran Khan, have still not given up their dreams of conquering Kabul.
Imran Khan simply is ending Pakistan support on for the NATO war. The British should not have installed the Durrand line. Are you saying you want to enforce the Durrand line now now that your vision of imposed NATO occupation and imposed illegal government in Kabul is over? Even your ANP knows the reality.

Quote:
We lar Pashtuns are already Punjab's slaves and they wish to enslave the bar Pashtuns as well.
Unfortunately, this is true of groups like ANP who toe the establishments line. They went along with the PPP-Army in wanting to reopen the NATO supply lines. This is true. They also support Pashtun bloodshed.

Quote:
The next thing you'll say is that Imran Khan will help reunite Peshawar with Kabul. And he will make Pashto the official language of Pakistan.
Imran Khan is not a Pashtun nationalist. I simply view him in regards to the means justifying the ends. I could care less if he is a womanizer, a drinker, a playboy, or whatever.

The end of Pakistan support for the NATO war leads to the end of the NATO war.

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 06-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Tags
activists, arrested, batoncharged, karachi, pti