Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Development - سپما او پرمختګ
Reload this Page Afghan women leave the country in fear of Taliban return
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71)
Old
sunni sunni is offline
PF knowledgeable
sunni is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 557
Thanks: 167
Thanked 139 Times in 112 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM

in fear of the taliban? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Reply With Quote
(#72)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 06-02-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgoverner View Post
i remember you were when you found out that the school poisining story was fake.

the days of propaganda against Afghan people is over.
this devide strategy among male/female afghans have failed.
this attempt of using Afghan women for propaganda has failed.
really? i see you like that .. on nearly every thread. like a rampaging bull.
since when have all the poisoning accusations been proven to be or not be, by the taliban? there have been hundreds of children poisoned.
you are upset at yasmeenaah, because she once criticised you. so now you have to attack her constantly, because you are a juvenile delinquent, online bully.
how can you use the image of honourble men, as your avatar, and behave so stupidly and dishonourably. you have no shame.
look at how many women are on this forum and ask yourself why so many have left or do not respond.
3 women have told me in pm, that the abuse from men and crudities on pf, has caused them to give up responding on here.

that is why yasmeenaah puts an article like this up, because she hasn't been totally bullied into silence, yet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
haviZsultan (06-03-2012)
(#73)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 06-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzareh View Post
I understad your feminism but it's not the Pashtun males fault that the afghan girls are all on random thoughts and other threads than to be posting there feelings on this one is it.
manzareh, are you a 'masculinist' because you care about men, on the planet? well i am not a feminist. i am a woman who has been lucky to have been born into a society where i have the freedom to be who i chose to be with the ability to travel the world and know how to look after myself.
afghanistan is now the second worst country out of 165, for mothers, according to research that is done annually. 'save the worlds mothers report-2012'.
there is a group, 'save the children' organisation that has been working in afghanistan since 1976.
it is useless for boys like 'the shadow', to be in denial and abusive because of an article about women. i have also seen documentaries where women are expressing these views and working against having to wear the burkha and wanting to be treated equally and respected, in afghanistan.

Last edited by faye; 06-03-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#74)
Old
Al Hanif's Avatar
Al Hanif Al Hanif is offline
PF senior
Al Hanif is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 831
Thanked 697 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 07-01-2012, 07:13 PM

Muslim Afghans lost their dignity.

Not because they are poor or because they are uneducated.

They lost their dignity the very moment they let other non-muslim non-afghan people minding their own business.

I saw many things in my life and I remember some images that stuck into my mind forever. It was during Burmese War if I remember well.

There was American soldiers throwing food, water and other aid items from the top of their truck while driving on the road and there was many people picking up what was on the ground and running behind the truck to grab something. Men, Women, Kids, Eldery people, Everyone. Everyone was running behind the truck to grab something. Everyone... except the Buddhist Monks. They were here, on the road, but they were walking, not running. They did not care about these American soldiers and their food and their water. They were here, standing, walking, living their lives, as if nothing happened, in one of those moments that Hollywood could have never caught on tape.

They might have been dying of hunger, dying of thirst, but at least they were the only ones who kept their dignity.


Reply With Quote
(#75)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 07-01-2012, 10:31 PM

lol, like alf is an authority on dignity. " hail sh*tler!!!!"
Reply With Quote
(#76)
Old
RevolutionThroughReason RevolutionThroughReason is offline
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,513
Thanks: 2,091
Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default 07-01-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hanif View Post
Muslim Afghans lost their dignity.

Not because they are poor or because they are uneducated.

They lost their dignity the very moment they let other non-muslim non-afghan people minding their own business.

I saw many things in my life and I remember some images that stuck into my mind forever. It was during Burmese War if I remember well.

There was American soldiers throwing food, water and other aid items from the top of their truck while driving on the road and there was many people picking up what was on the ground and running behind the truck to grab something. Men, Women, Kids, Eldery people, Everyone. Everyone was running behind the truck to grab something. Everyone... except the Buddhist Monks. They were here, on the road, but they were walking, not running. They did not care about these American soldiers and their food and their water. They were here, standing, walking, living their lives, as if nothing happened, in one of those moments that Hollywood could have never caught on tape.

They might have been dying of hunger, dying of thirst, but at least they were the only ones who kept their dignity.



This is coming from a NON-AFGHAN who perpetually invites himself and tries to meddle and interfere wiith our culture.


Morocco needs you way more than we do.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevolutionThroughReason For This Useful Post:
کیش (07-01-2012), JattApache (07-02-2012)
(#77)
Old
JattApache JattApache is offline
PF knowledgeable
JattApache is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 843
Thanks: 453
Thanked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default 07-02-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hanif View Post
Muslim Afghans lost their dignity.

Not because they are poor or because they are uneducated.

They lost their dignity the very moment they let other non-muslim non-afghan people minding their own business.

I saw many things in my life and I remember some images that stuck into my mind forever. It was during Burmese War if I remember well.

There was American soldiers throwing food, water and other aid items from the top of their truck while driving on the road and there was many people picking up what was on the ground and running behind the truck to g
rab something. Men, Women, Kids, Eldery people, Everyone. Everyone was running behind the truck to grab something. Everyone... except the Buddhist Monks. They were here, on the road, but they were walking, not running. They did not care about these American soldiers and their food and their water. They were here, standing, walking, living their lives, as if nothing happened, in one ofthose moments that Hollywood could have never caught on tape.

They might have been dying of hunger, dying of thirst, but at least they were the only ones who kept their dignity.
But they were budhist ?!!!!! How can you say something good about them ?
Usually the non-muslims, for you are munafiqeen kuffars , non-humans who don't deserve to live !


.
Reply With Quote
(#78)
Old
Tor Gul Tor Gul is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Tor Gul is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 91
Thanks: 23
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Default 07-02-2012, 03:04 PM

if i thought it would actually do something good or useful, i would support a continued presence. the reality is the good or well being of the afghanan is not the point. US Marine Corps General Smedly Butler said "war is a racket." it's more true now than it was when he said it. the purpose of continuing in Afghanistan is so that politicians and their friends in industry can continue to get rich on the blood of other people's children.
Reply With Quote
(#79)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,544
Thanks: 588
Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Gul View Post
if i thought it would actually do something good or useful, i would support a continued presence. the reality is the good or well being of the afghanan is not the point. US Marine Corps General Smedly Butler said "war is a racket." it's more true now than it was when he said it. the purpose of continuing in Afghanistan is so that politicians and their friends in industry can continue to get rich on the blood of other people's children.
It's not about getting rich, it's about US interests being preserved in the region. A check & balance system, where if China dares to flex it's muscle, the US can quickly remind her we are in your backyard. I met an Admiral at my job one day, and he gave me this huge lecture that can be summarized with what I said above. Keyword here is : US strategic interests to remain relevant. Another thing he told me was every single hardware equipment we have given to Pakistan can be self-destructed if Pakistan refuses to obey our orders.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#80)
Old
Tor Gul Tor Gul is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Tor Gul is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 91
Thanks: 23
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Default 07-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
It's not about getting rich, it's about US interests being preserved in the region. A check & balance system, where if China dares to flex it's muscle, the US can quickly remind her we are in your backyard. I met an Admiral at my job one day, and he gave me this huge lecture that can be summarized with what I said above. Keyword here is : US strategic interests to remain relevant. Another thing he told me was every single hardware equipment we have given to Pakistan can be self-destructed if Pakistan refuses to obey our orders.
Paht Mal

I am going to respectfully disagree with the Admiral.
China knows our country's ability to wage war, both immediate & long term (probably better than we do). We already have significant ground forces in South Korea & Japan (Okinawa). We have tremendous Naval presence in Japan, including carriers and their aircraft. And we have significant Air power in Japan. Additionally the same B-52s that carpet bombed Iraqi forces in 92 could easily hit China by flying over Thailand. We are already in their in their backyard (sideyard & frontyard too for that matter).
Of far greater importance than showing that we can is showing that we will oppose them as necessary. That changes with each new President.
Far more effective than a presence in Afghanistan, would be the bombing of Iran the next time China warns us not to.
As for the Paki hardware, I am reminded of the Iraqi that asked me if it was true that I had to kill a family member to become a US Marine. I told him, "yes, but it doesn't have to be one you like."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
afghan, country, fear, leave, return, taliban, women

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.