Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Pakistani doctor who helped find Bin Laden gets 33 years in prison
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51)
Old
KGODB's Avatar
KGODB KGODB is offline
PF Frequent visitor
KGODB is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 340
Thanks: 51
Thanked 85 Times in 70 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default 05-24-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liars_all_around View Post
Not india but indian government? Not in afghanistan but in pakistan yes there are alot of indian spies. Do u think when u blame isi for everything bad that happens in ur country, your raw is also not sleeping. they are equally involved in all these terror attacks along with some other countries..its not difficult to buy these terrorist..
U guys have promoted hatred amongst muslims. give me a good reason why india is being inviolved in afghanistan and why is india helping afghanistan. do u think we are idiot to accept that u are just helping them bcz u care abt them. sorry to say but truth is that u just wana create ur hegemony in the region.
Because Afghans want them there
Reply With Quote
(#52)
Old
Shah-i-Kot Shah-i-Kot is offline
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,653
Thanks: 119
Thanked 280 Times in 253 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default 05-24-2012, 06:38 PM

According to some reports, the Peshawar High Court may take his appeal.

In that event, he gets to explain exactly what happened. It is most likely the case he knew nothing of what he was involved in.
Reply With Quote
(#53)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is online now
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,528
Thanks: 582
Thanked 4,610 Times in 2,291 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 05-24-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
By the way who allowed him to do that for the usa ? Had he any NOC from the govt of Pakistan for doing that service ?
He was doing exactly what Pakistan said they have been doing all along, why turn a blind eye to that? Pakistan claims Osama is an enemy, and that they are vigorously hunting him down. Musharraf went as far as saying he does not exist in Pakistan, blah blah. Dr.Afridi provided the lead; why does it matter who killed him? I thought you guys are allies with the Americans? Don't you allow the US to blow up Pakistanis on a daily basis(think how 10 died today)? Now that Dr.Afridi has given up your cash cow, which means you can't elongate the war for more aid you feel offended? This is hilarious, and I am shocked at the shortsightedness of some around here. I am not arguing if the US or Pakistan are right or wrong here. All I am saying is Pakistan claimed they are fighting terrorism with the US, and how they are partners, which resulted in the US designating the banana republic as a major non-NATO member. If someone kills a so called "enemy" of Pakistan, why jail him? Clearly the ISI knew he existed, which is why he lived in Abbotabad(again, there is now evidence for this, but this is the narrative those who are supporting him being jailed have chosen), a military city. For all we knew, Dr.Afridi probably did not have a clue what he was doing, or even if he did, based on the Pakistani narrative, he should be given a medal of honor. Think about it, and cut off the hypocrisy. It's either you fight terrorism, or harbor terrorism. The fact that he wasn't even permitted to defend himself tells us that Pakistan is once again living up to it's name.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
کیش (05-25-2012)
(#54)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 05-24-2012, 11:58 PM

hey!! what about osamas day in court?
was the only proof of his guilt, a video, that could have been fake?
Reply With Quote
(#55)
Old
BarakzaiAbdali's Avatar
BarakzaiAbdali BarakzaiAbdali is offline
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,273
Thanks: 96
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,440 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Default 05-25-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
hey!! what about osamas day in court?
was the only proof of his guilt, a video, that could have been fake?
Well of course Faye, they didnt want him to be able to discuss his factual issues he had either with their endeavors in the Muslim world for the whole of America to see. That would have been a disaster and would have highlighted what interventionalism has done.


"2 crackheads don't become any better or stronger by sharing the same crack pipe." - Greatest PF quote
Reply With Quote
(#56)
Old
BarakzaiAbdali's Avatar
BarakzaiAbdali BarakzaiAbdali is offline
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,273
Thanks: 96
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,440 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Default 05-25-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
hey!! what about osamas day in court?
was the only proof of his guilt, a video, that could have been fake?
But thats not how world powers operate.

Look at how Rome dealt with Hannibal and Vercingetorix
Or how the early Colonialists dealt with Metacom
Or how Assetts dealt with Geuvara.
Or how perhaps even Alexander dealt with Darius (even though they say Alexander wept for him and that it was not his order)

This is the cyclical nature of power... one day people will discuss this era in the same fashion and we will all be dust.

God gives power and he takes it away as he pleases.


"2 crackheads don't become any better or stronger by sharing the same crack pipe." - Greatest PF quote
Reply With Quote
(#57)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 05-25-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haviZsultan View Post
He was actively working for the CIA.
We've always wanted the CIA OUT of Pakistan because we don't know what they are doing. Raymond Davis killed 2 Pakistanis in broad daylight.
I stand by this decision. I am glad Laden is dead... but the honor and dignity if we had killed him would have been great.
how does killing a man, who has never even been proven to have committed the crimes he is accused of, equate to honour and dignity?
Reply With Quote
(#58)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 05-25-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarakzaiAbdali View Post
But thats not how world powers operate.

Look at how Rome dealt with Hannibal and Vercingetorix
Or how the early Colonialists dealt with Metacom
Or how Assetts dealt with Geuvara.
Or how perhaps even Alexander dealt with Darius (even though they say Alexander wept for him and that it was not his order)

This is the cyclical nature of power... one day people will discuss this era in the same fashion and we will all be dust.

God gives power and he takes it away as he pleases.
so you have no hope for humanity to evolve past rome etc.?
i am not intersted in how things were done in centuries past, i am interested in now and the future.
i know about the crimes of the past but to accept pathetic, immoral behaviour, because that is how it has 'always been done' is rather lame.
god this and god that. what about humanity taking some responsibility for itself? i believe there is a reason for things to be occurring but if you just lamely accept things as they are when there is the capacity for improvement, is slothful.
that is like seeing one of your patients with cancer and you say 'oh well, god has chosen for you to have cancer, which has been around for centuries. go home, lay down and wait to die'.

Last edited by faye; 05-25-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
یاسمینه (05-25-2012), Khostai (05-26-2012)
Reply

Tags
bin, doctor, find, helped, laden, pakistani, prison, years

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.