Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Pakistani women protest against US alliance
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistani women protest against US alliance - 05-13-2012, 09:22 PM

Pakistani women protest against US alliance
Sun May 13, 2012 9:42PM GMT
Javed Rana, Press TV, Islamabad
Anti-US anger has once again been expressed on the streets of Pakistan.

Thousands of women on Sunday gathered to support, the Tehreek Insaaf or Movement for Justice---an Opposition party emerging as a mainstream political force in Pakistan.

According to a recent opinion poll, it is the most popular political party in the country.

Ending alliance with the US and forcing Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani to resign after his conviction for refusing to reopening graft cases against President Zardari--is at the heart of public mobilization campaign of this Opposition party. The Movement for Justice has politically cashed-in on unprecedented anti-American sentiments and is campaigning against the US aid to Pakistan.

Imran Khan, the head of party, is building up his support base among all sections of the society in an effort to start a long march of millions of people to dislodge the pro US government. Sustaining pressure on the government not to allow the reopening of supply-line for US forces---is yet another popular agenda of Movement for Justice.

The campaign by the Opposition parties to end alliance with the US altogether----is fast changing the political landscape of Pakistan. Unlike in the past, now it is becoming difficult for the beleaguered ruling People Party to bow before US pressure tactics to restore the supply line for US-led forces in Afghanistan.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/05...t-us-alliance/
The Following User Says Thank You to Shah-i-Kot For This Useful Post:
faye (05-13-2012)

Tags
alliance, pakistani, protest, women