Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Pakistan Terrorism Accountability bill introduced in Congress
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistan Terrorism Accountability bill introduced in Congress - 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM

http://tribune.com.pk/story/377792/p...d-in-congress/

Pakistan Terrorism Accountability bill introduced in Congress

By Huma Imtiaz
Published: May 12, 2012

Bill says that the $50 million per victim be withheld from US assistance to Pakistan. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

WASHINGTON: Congressman Dana Rohrabacher said he was introducing the Pakistan Terrorism Accountability Act 2012 in Congress, which asks the US Government to provide $50 million each to any American citizen killed “as a result of actions of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) or support provided by the ISI to other organizations or individuals, including the Haqqani Network”.
The bill says that the $50 million per victim be withheld from US assistance to Pakistan.
The draft bill also asks for the Secretary of Defense to certify every month how many US citizens have been killed as a result of support by the ISI to the Haqqani Network and other organizations.
The Republican congressman, who is also the Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations and has previously introduced legislation asking for the Baloch people to be given the right of self-determination, says, “For too long America has funded the Pakistani government, giving it free money, while elements of the ISI and Pakistan’s military operate radical Islamic groups that are actively murdering Americans. Americans will not accept this.”
In a press release, Rep Rohrabacher said, “Pakistan has for decades leveraged radical terrorist groups to carry out attacks in India and Afghanistan, Pakistan helped to create the Taliban and Pakistan’s intelligence service hid Osama bin Laden from the US for years.”
“Today, one of the most dangerous and sophisticated groups killing American troops in Afghanistan is the Haqqani Network, which is closely operated by the Pakistani government.”
The bill has been referred to the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Failure in Afghanistan, blame on Pakistan, the same country who props up the NATO war/Karzai regime with supply routes.

What a retarded narrative.
(#3)
Old
PF contributor
badmash_khel is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 05-12-2012, 11:50 AM

^
Its not retarded at all. pakistan along Saudi Arabia and UAE were the only three countries which recognized the Taliban regime.
(#4)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM

whats your point, exactly?

Recognition of a regime is terrorism?

Why dont they start A Saudi Arabia Terrorism Accountability bill? Or a UAE Terrorism Accountability Bill.

BTW, the more this is done, the increased, the prospects of an end to the war/occupation.

>>> less, and less to no Pakistan support for the NATO war/Karzai .

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 05-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.
(#5)
Old
PF contributor
badmash_khel is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 05-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
whats your point, exactly?

Recognition of a regime is terrorism?

Why dont they start A Saudi Arabia Terrorism Accountability bill?

By the way, I do think this is a good idea because without Pakistan the war can not go on
Haqqani network operates from within Pakistan. As a result of which many US lives are lost so ofcourse it makes sense to the Americans to punish Pakistan for their failure to control their border. If pakistan can not control its own border than they should just let the Americans deal with it.

Terrorism is a subjective term. What counts as Terrorism is different to different people. People who have power (The West) regard Taliban as terrorist supporters so when Pakistan recognizes a regime which is regarded as Terrorist and illegitimate then ofcourse the Americans will regard them as terrorist supporters. Saudi are also regarded as Terrorist supporters but its only financial support from some sources and their support has almost ended due to disintegration of Taliban and when Talibs allegedly insulted Turki al Faisal. Pakistani army engineers even established the communication lines of the Taliban and helped them in other areas.
(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-12-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmash_khel View Post
Haqqani network operates from within Pakistan. As a result of which many US lives are lost so ofcourse it makes sense to the Americans to punish Pakistan for their failure to control their border. If pakistan can not control its own border than they should just let the Americans deal with it.

Terrorism is a subjective term. What counts as Terrorism is different to different people. People who have power (The West) regard Taliban as terrorist supporters so when Pakistan recognizes a regime which is regarded as Terrorist and illegitimate then ofcourse the Americans will regard them as terrorist supporters. Saudi are also regarded as Terrorist supporters but its only financial support from some sources and their support has almost ended due to disintegration of Taliban and when Talibs allegedly insulted Turki al Faisal. Pakistani army engineers even established the communication lines of the Taliban and helped them in other areas.

Give evidence for your claims. Until then, it means nothing

Secondly,

When will they go to war with Pakistan since according to them Pakistan is supporting terrorism?

Why hasnt there been a war yet?

Tags
accountability, bill, congress, introduced, pakistan, terrorism