Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Support > Support & Announcements - صلاح مشورې
Reload this Page disappointed at current direction of PF
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,683 Times in 962 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 05-01-2012, 04:16 PM

^You guys may have missed the comment (in Pashto) that I left Feroz Afridi Saab. My reasons for being here are many, and complex, but the thing that really draws me to 'my own' is their potential, their love of their language and customs and their spirit of generosity. I am not always 'on' the forum to join in with every thread - that would be mundane and the truth is I have a genuine busy life away from some of the frivolity that gets passed here around from time to time.

The thing that disappoints me most with our usership is the lack of manners and tolerance of some and their blind belief of their own righteousness. That sort don't come close to my definition of decent, let alone decent Pashtun.

Confused 'western' kids struggling to hold on to their heritage are one thing. Confused 'Pashtun' kids who think they can solve Afghanistan's problems or Pakistan's problems with their limited political and religious knowledge after having read a few articles on the internet, really get on my nerves. It is that sort that have strangulated this forum at times.

We need 'quality' posters willing to weather a few rough rides, not bored ill-informed teenagers with little else to do with their laptops.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tor_khan For This Useful Post:
Gulalai (05-01-2012), randolph85 (05-01-2012), torkham (05-02-2012)
(#12)
Old
PF VIP
Gulalai is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,395 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor_khan View Post
^You guys may have missed the comment (in Pashto) that I left Feroz Afridi Saab. My reasons for being here are many, and complex, but the thing that really draws me to 'my own' is their potential, their love of their language and customs and their spirit of generosity. I am not always 'on' the forum to join in with every thread - that would be mundane and the truth is I have a genuine busy life away from some of the frivolity that gets passed here around from time to time.

The thing that disappoints me most with our usership is the lack of manners and tolerance of some and their blind belief of their own righteousness. That sort don't come close to my definition of decent, let alone decent Pashtun.

Confused 'western' kids struggling to hold on to their heritage are one thing. Confused 'Pashtun' kids who think they can solve Afghanistan's problems or Pakistan's problems with their limited political and religious knowledge after having read a few articles on the internet, really get on my nerves. It is that sort that have strangulated this forum at times.

We need 'quality' posters willing to weather a few rough rides, not bored ill-informed teenagers with little else to do with their laptops.
i'm bored, and somewhat "ill-informed" so i came to PF to learn about things. it was great for a long time, but for the past few months we can't deny it's been on a downhill. i would say there is only a very few amount of informative threads that are worth reading now-a-days. not that i've tried to fix that or anything.... there nothing i can do about it anyways lol

Tags
current, direction, disappointed