Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page NATO helicopter crashes in Afghanistan; casualties unknown
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default NATO helicopter crashes in Afghanistan; casualties unknown - 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM

NATO helicopter crashes in Afghanistan; casualties unknown

WASHINGTON | Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:03pm EDT

(Reuters) - A NATO military helicopter crashed due to poor weather in Afghanistan on Thursday, the military said, and it was not immediately clear whether anyone aboard survived.
A U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the Black Hawk helicopter went down in the Regional Command-Southwest area, which includes the traditional Taliban stronghold of Helmand province.
Initial reporting suggested that poor weather caused the crash, the official said. No information on casualties was immediately available.
Almost 3,000 foreign soldiers have died in Afghanistan since the West's war against the Taliban and other militants began in 2001. Despite a resilient insurgency, the United States, like its NATO allies, plans to withdraw most of its combat troops from the country by the end of 2014.
(Reporting By Missy Ryan; Editing by Doina Chaicu)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83I1DF20120419
(#2)
Old
PF senior
Alchemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 1,074 Times in 685 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM

there are probably tens of thousands of US casualties but they NEVER report it.
Its not even funny anymore. How many times have helicopters crashed because of "the weather". They will never say it was shot down.

this war has managed to be dragged 11 years because unlike the war in Vietnam, the public has no clues about the true extent of carnage that takes place at frontlines.

Everyone seems to think that in this war no one dies...no westerner at least. And if some local haji dies then they label him a terrorist. And if some child dies then they roll over and say "this is the price we pay for education...and progress".
(#3)
Old
PF contributor
Breshna is on a distinguished road

Default 04-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Its not even funny anymore. How many times have helicopters crashed because of "the weather". They will never say it was shot down.

this war has managed to be dragged 11 years because unlike the war in Vietnam, the public has no clues about the true extent of carnage that takes place at frontlines.

Everyone seems to think that in this war no one dies...no westerner at least. And if some local haji dies then they label him a terrorist. And if some child dies then they roll over and say "this is the price we pay for education...and progress".
True....

The ones...causing

the war are...safe.

If they...could

die all this would stop...today.

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument.
I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness.

(#4)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-19-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post

It is getting ridiculous as to how many "crashes" there are due to either "technical reasons" or the "weather."

Then why is it not happening to copters that fly elsewhere in places where wars are not going on?

The cover up of casualties is not new. Last year, there was an incident where it was reported to the media that 77 NATO troops were injured, except a couple months later, a Senator says that the safe havens in Pakistan have to be dealt with, and he cited by mistake, and said such and such incident resulted in 77 NATO casualties.

It was a unintentional admission since he probably forgot that he was supposed to lie.

So, yes there is a huge cover up. The war is already unpopular so I dont really know whats the point in covering this news up, or disguising it
(#5)
Old
PF contributor
Breshna is on a distinguished road

Default 04-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
It is getting ridiculous as to how many "crashes" there are due to either "technical reasons" or the "weather."

Then why is it not happening to copters that fly elsewhere in places where wars are not going on?

The cover up of casualties is not new. Last year, there was an incident where it was reported to the media that 77 NATO troops were injured, except a couple months later, a Senator says that the safe havens in Pakistan have to be dealt with, and he cited by mistake, and said such and such incident resulted in 77 NATO casualties.

It was a unintentional admission since he probably forgot that he was supposed to lie.

So, yes there is a huge cover up. The war is already unpopular so I dont really know whats the point in covering this news up, or disguising it
If they told the truth...there would me,

riots in U.S.A. to stop...this war.

Its easy...to

say its...a accident.

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument.
I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness.

(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM

Most people in the US are opposed to the war for both economic reasons and the pointlessness in being there since they generally agree that Afghans dont want them there.

The soldiers mainly are at the bottom rungs of the economic ladder, and thats why no one really cares one whit about them.

They are what Kissinger termed pawns. The problem is Kissinger is a retard, whats the point of the pawns if you already lost the game, and its a checkmate?

Most of the war hawks or what is called chicken hawks (supporting war) never have experienced war at all. This is why it is easy for them to support war.

In fact, I am pretty sure that the few PRO-WAR people here would never fight a war. They only are "courageous" enough to cheer for it from the safety of their comfortable homes, and post up videos on LiveLeak (Soldat) and be proud of the number of views they get(Soldat: "I already got 6000 views on my liveleak account- woopieeee!!)

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 04-19-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Tags
afghanistan, casualties, crashes, helicopter, nato, unknown