Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page "History of Civilization of Central Asia (from before 700 BC to 2000 AD)
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default "History of Civilization of Central Asia (from before 700 BC to 2000 AD) - 04-19-2012, 03:49 AM

I found these on the UNESCO website here.

Apart from the history of the other nations of Central Asia, there is plenty of material in there about the ancient and often-obscure past of the Pashtuns. For instance, the religions in eastern Afghanistan ranged from Shivaism and Zoroastrianism to Buddhism and paganism before the Arab conquest under the Caliph Muawiya. What's also interesting is that the Pashtuns initially threw their Arab conquers out and Muwaiya had to send another army to subdue our ancestors.

There are also details about the golden age of science and economic prosperity, the colonial era, etc. I haven't gone through them myself. But anyone interested in Central Asian and Pashtun history should definitely download these.

Central Asia 700 BC and before

Central Asia 700 BC - 250 AD

Central Asia 250 AD to 750 AD

Central Asia 750 AD to 1400 AD (part I)

Central Asia 750 AD - 1400 AD (part II)

Central Asia 1500 AD - 1850 AD

Central Asia 1850 AD - 2000 AD

5 out of the 7 URLs are from the UNESCO website. The first and the fifth volumes were unavailable on the UNESCO website so I've provided alternative links for them.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Levanaye Zalmaye For This Useful Post:
badmash_khel (04-29-2012), DaMalakandGhar (04-19-2012), pir_Rokhan (04-19-2012)
(#2)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
pashtanajan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 04-29-2012, 03:22 AM

Thanks. This will probably be a very interesting read.
(#3)
Old
PF contributor
badmash_khel is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 04-29-2012, 09:23 AM

Thanks for sharing. Looks very interesting.

I did a quick google search and found the first few volumes from another site which is much faster to download.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47412010/H...ntral-Asia-v-1

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78273390/H...al-Asia-Vol-II

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47575915/H...A-D-250-to-750

Last edited by badmash_khel; 04-29-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: found 2 more volumes

Tags
2000, 700, asia, central, civilization, history