Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Australia to begin Afghan exit a year early
User Tag List

(#21)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 04-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
I did too ...I still do sometimes admittedly ...but what I came to find is that....is that these same people I was trying to represent by making such claims ended up using the those statemnets as justifications for being nonproductive and incompetent.

and you see that with Taliban supporters; they use the idea of exploitation of the west to justify NOT learning things which are beneficial ...to justify abusing women.

Just look at Alchemists's post today regarding women; granted he makes some fair points but he acts as if abuses towards women are some old wives tales used to justify wars and they never happen in Afghanistan. When we all know it does.

he is using one to justify the other in other words as "resistance"; To me the use of such things to justify imperialism ....is loathesome ....but that doesn't mean it's not real similarly to use resistance to imperialism to justify the pathetic nature of Afghan society today is equally despicbale.....thus they're separate issues.

And why this psychology of perpetual victimhood only has so much validity.

In backing up a claim and "validating" it, one needs authentic sources that are corroborated by several other sources. For an account to take place, heresay means nothing at all

A single source that is not authenticated is not valid.
(#22)
Old
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 04-18-2012, 03:16 PM

in which respects Lynx?
(#23)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 04-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culler View Post
We should never have been there. Especially when the actionable intelligence that was offered for the invasion was quite vague. As for Al-Qaeda, I still don't believe they were ever the intended target. I feel the Taliban was. I find it some what ironic how the US had no issue backing the Northern Alliance.
'culler', not 'have been'. australian military 'still is', in afghanistan.
there was no 'actionable intel' needed. uncle johnny was 'all the way with usa' as of, the 9/11 event.
why would taliban be the intended target and not al-qaeda as well?
why wouldn't they back the northern alliance when taliban were supposed to be ruling afghanistan, helping al-qaeda and allowing training camps for jihad against the west.
pakistan was said to have had their military in afghnistan, helping the taliban fight northern alliance.
this is what i have been reading. maybe culler, you have 'contacts' with better info ;-)
you can assist 2010, the taliban rep here, with his
'war analysis' if you have 'inside info'. ;-)
(#24)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 04-19-2012, 02:37 AM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-1...site=newcastle

PM confirms expedited Afghanistan exit

Updated April 17, 2012 21:13:56

The Prime Minister has outlined the Government's plan for an early troop withdrawal from Afghanistan which could see the majority of Australian soldiers return by the end of 2013.
The Government had been working towards bringing Australian soldiers home by the end of 2014, the date set down by the NATO-led international forces.
But Julia Gillard says security has improved in Afghanistan and it is likely the majority of Australian troops will leave next year.
"This is a war with a purpose, this is a war with an end. We have a strategy, a mission and a timeframe for achieving it," she said in an address to the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
The Australian Government and other nations involved in Afghanistan have been saying the withdrawal will be a gradual process and differ from region to region.

Ms Gillard says she expects Uruzgan province to be among the next tranche of areas seeing the transition of control to Afghan forces.
"Once started, this should take 12 to 18 months. And when this is complete, Australia's commitment in Afghanistan will look very different to that which we have today," she said.
"We will no longer be conducting routine frontline operations with the Afghan national security forces."
But she has warned Australians not to expect to see troops come home on the first day of the transition.
"It is not a moment in time. Transition will be a process and people will see the bulk of our forces return at the end of that process."
The Prime Minister says the international community will need to continue to support the Afghan national security forces after the transition is complete.
The deal setting out Australia's future partnership with Afghanistan could be signed when she attends the NATO leaders' summit in Chicago next month.
That is where Ms Gillard says she will argue for broad and substantial international support and outlined what Australia was prepared to do on security, trade, cultural links and increased development assistance through to 2015-16 and beyond.

"Australia will also be prepared to provide niche training to the Afghan national security forces after 2014. In future, we will support the proposed UK-led Afghan national army officer academy," she said.
"We will maintain a role providing training and support to policing in Afghanistan and, finally, as I have stated previously, we are prepared to consider a limited Special Forces contribution in the right circumstances and under the right mandate."
A total of 33 Australians have been killed while serving in Afghanistan: 32 with the Australian Defence Force and one with the British Army.
Ms Gillard said she did not share the view that they had died in vain.
"I believe in engaging in Afghanistan, our mission has been clear, our purpose has been clear, our sacrifice has been great," she said.
"But the families of the men we have lost are able to say to themselves in a time of shocking grief and desperation that their loved ones were out there doing something clearly in Australia's national interest."
'Encouraging sign'

Ms Gillard's speech comes a day after Taliban squads launched brazen attacks in the heart of Kabul, sparking firefights which lasted for 18 hours, and leaving more than 50 people dead.
"The weekend's renewed insurgent attacks in Kabul remind us that as the insurgency comes under greater sustained pressure in the field, the prospect of high-profile attacks aimed at disproportionate global public impact remains," she said.
"What remains too is the fact that these attacks were successfully countered by the Afghan national security forces without substantial direct support from ISAF forces in Kabul.
"(This is) an encouraging sign for the future of the counter-insurgency and for the success of transition to Afghan security lead."
The plan has been broadly backed by the Coalition, however it has questioned whether the Prime Minister made the decision for political reasons ahead of next year's federal election.
The Opposition has sought a confidential briefing on the withdraw plans.
Before the announcement Opposition Leader Tony Abbott said he wanted Australia's troops to come home once their job was done.
"I've been twice to Afghanistan. I've been lucky enough to talk to our senior commanders on the spot, to talk to the troops on the ground," he said.

"They think they are doing very good work. They think that very significant progress has been made, is being made, will be made.
"We do have to respect their judgment, but I have no reason to think that it shouldn't be possible to finish the job sooner rather than later."
He says if defence chiefs support the transition plan, his party will too.
War a 'failure'

Independent MP Andrew Wilkie, a former lieutenant colonel, says while the withdrawal is a good thing, it is still too far away.
"It's not quick enough and it's still heavy with politics," he said.
"It's all about the Prime Minister wanting to get this off the table as an election issue at next year's federal election."
For new Greens leader Christine Milne it is also a case of the sooner the better.
Senator Milne wants Parliament to debate the strategic declaration before Australia signs on the dotted line with the Karzai government.
"The war in Afghanistan has been a failure on just about every level and from the Greens' point of view it is time we brought the troops home safely," she said.
"We would like to see that withdrawal from Afghanistan start straight away, providing it can be done in a safe and well-managed way.

"We are concerned about the Prime Minister's statement that within the next four or five weeks the Australian Government will be entering into a strategic declaration with the government in Afghanistan.
"The Karzai regime is a corrupt regime in Afghanistan; it's very clear on all levels."
Afghanistan's ambassador to Australia, Nasir Andisha, has welcomed Ms Gillard's announcement, saying it is the kind of message his country wants to hear.
He says he appreciates Australia's sacrifices.
"Maybe one day the Afghan security forces, side by side with the diggers, can contribute to some international peace-keeping mission somewhere in the world, and that will be the time that I'm sure these families will be proud of their children who sacrificed in Afghanistan," he said.
Felix Sher, whose son Private Greg Sher was killed Uruzgan province in 2009, says he has faith that the Government will make the right decision about when to pull troops out.
Mr Sher says he believes Australia's involvement has been worth it.
(#25)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-23-2012, 03:06 AM

apparently we have hazara refugees, here in oz, upset with our government for wanting to withdraw from afghanistan.
i was trying to find out how many of these refugees had actually joined the army here, to go fight the taliban. be interesting to know.
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
Manzareh (04-27-2012)
(#26)
Old
PF newbie
Culler is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 04-26-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
there was no 'actionable intel' needed. uncle johnny was 'all the way with usa' as of, the 9/11 event.
why wouldn't they back the northern alliance when taliban were supposed to be ruling afghanistan, helping al-qaeda and allowing training camps for jihad against the west.
pakistan was said to have had their military in afghnistan, helping the taliban fight northern alliance.
this is what i have been reading. maybe culler, you have 'contacts' with better info ;-)
Well, the reality is the west has always wanted greater influence here or more specifically the controlling bodies of the west (we like to refer to them as 'the powers that be'). I think most of us here are aware that Al-Qaeda was originally funded and armed via the CIA. In fact I believe Bin Laden was their primary head of operations of Al-Qaeda, under CIA's SAD oversight or maybe another task force. Whether or not the remaining corroborates of Bin Laden were aware of this is uncertain. Though the remaining possible members may have acted as the local arm in a sense for the CIA across the middle east. Most recent example being Lybia, as NATO backed the LIFG (Lybian Islamic Fighting Group, along with Al-Qaeda members) in the elimination of Gaddafi. I think that was made quite clear with their flag flying over tripoli. Though it could also be militants just using the title, but I think that unlikely.

Now Al-Qaeda were estimated to number from anywhere to 250-500 initially in 2001. After 9/11 in the immediate aftermath. The Taliban offered to try bin laden in an Afghan court as long as the US provided evidence to support his involvement in the trade center attack. The US refused. In turn operations were underway and the impending invasion came. What I've noted throughout this war is that the Taliban have taken the greatest casualties in comparison to Al-Qaeda. Infact Al-Qaeda appears all the more 'non-existent'.

In fact I'm quite certain that the Blackwater operatives who have been on the ground in Pakistan, primarily through F.A.T.A and the southern region. Have been supplying militants and have through alledged spokespersons of Al-Qaeda staged attacks to lay claim. I've had this confirmed to an extent (as far as the supplying of weaponry) to militants via Blackwater operatives, who are an extension of the CIA's SAD.

The same group I feel prepped the compound near PMA Kakul on May 1st when the alledged killing of Bin Laden took place (interesting note: Hitler was pronounced dead on the same date 66 years before hand). I believe the compound site was chosen after the capture and arrest of Raymond Davis by the ISI. The intel he had on him was incriminating let alone his actions. What happened in the time between his arrest and release is still difficult to get info on.

I feel a deal was cut besides the Diyya. Then four months later of all places Bin Laden is killed and alledged to have been in hiding within Pakistan's border. Which in turn places tension on Pakistan with the international community. Which the war on terror has continued to do. It also provides precedence for future operations/incursions by US/Western forces.

As for why they backed the NA? Lesser of two evils and the northern alliance have done as instructed. These ties were being seen long before 9/11 though. The Taliban's ruling body would not have done as the west would have come to demand. We're seeing this with Iran right now. The controlling bodies of the west do not want to see your nation or the middle east establish any form of independence. The Saudi's are an exemption as long as oil is primarily traded in US dollars. TPTB want control. They already have it over western nations. Securing the middle east would make it much easier to keep Russia and China in check too.

I do have information I could better refer to, but I'm mindful of what I say online where what's posted can be viewed publicly. What I have mentioned can be confirmed through research and by networking. Though what I know is why I depose the western forces actions, but I don't support the Taliban either. My primary concern is the welfare and the right to self determination of those caugh in the cross fire. I will message 2010 when I have another moment. Right now I need to get some sleep.

Last edited by Culler; 04-27-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added insight
The Following User Says Thank You to Culler For This Useful Post:
Afghanistan2010 (04-26-2012)
(#27)
Old
PF senior
Afghanistan2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,083 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
you think i could get a job as a mediator in Qatar ?

haha

Im not representing any political party,but i do represent Islam and those who believe in the Oneness of God ( including those christians and jews who believed in their prophets and in the oneness of God),i want to represent the truth with my knowledge.

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.
(#28)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM

you're a good boy, 2010. between you and culler, it's all sorted.

Last edited by faye; 04-27-2012 at 07:23 AM.
(#29)
Old
PF newbie
Culler is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
you're a good boy, 2010. between you and culler, it's all sorted.
Sitting here talking about it, is not enough though. It's going to require action and some hard decisions will need to be made. Otherwise nothing will be learned from all this and nothing gained.
(#30)
Old
PF senior
Afghanistan2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,083 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM

we share common views,we both are against the criminal invasion of countries who were not actually participating in any terrorist activities around the world,nor supported terrorism and nor will they support terrorism,but encourage resistance by pen and if needed by the weapon.

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.

Tags
afghan, australia, begin, early, exit, year