Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Pakistan's Supreme Court may ban NATO supply
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistan's Supreme Court may ban NATO supply - 04-11-2012, 03:43 PM

Pakistan's Supreme Court may ban NATO supply
This file photo shows the NATO supply of oil tankers stand parked near oil terminals in Pakistan's port city of Karachi.
Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21PM GMT

A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court of Pakistan to permanently ban NATO supply to Afghanistan through Pakistan, Press TV reports.

Barrister Zafarullah filed the petition in the Supreme Court, Lahore Registry on Wednesday.

In his petition, he said that the government is consulting with its coalition partners and other political parties to restore NATO supply route under US pressure.

The petition said that the resumption of NATO supply will increase terrorism in Pakistan and it should be banned.

Meanwhile, the government has also failed to convince Maulana Fazlur Rehman, chief of Jamiat Ulama-e- Islam, to reconsider his stance over restoration of NATO supply lines.

During a meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari, Rehman refused to extend his support to the government for opening the NATO supply line to Afghanistan.

Last November, Islamabad closed the routes after an unauthorized US airstrike killed at least 24 Pakistani soldiers near the Afghan border. Pakistan also shut the southwestern Shamsi airbase to the US forces.

Since 2001 when Pakistan entered an alliance with the US on the so-called war against terrorism, more than 35,000 people have been killed as a result of bombings and other militant attacks, according to local media.

MS/AGB/JR

http://presstv.com/detail/235751.html
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-11-2012, 10:22 PM

SC moved for early hearing of plea against Nato supplies

our correspondent
Thursday, April 12, 2012

LAHORE: Watan Partyís Barrister Zafarullah Khan and its Punjab chapter head Hashim Shaukat on Wednesday filed an application before the Supreme Court for early hearing of a petition, seeking directions to the federal government to permanently ban supply of goods to Nato/ISAF from Pakistan through land route or by air.

Barrister Khan in his application said the objection raised by the SC registrarís office had been removed, therefore, the main constitutional petition be heard at the earliest. In petition, he submitted that the government was consulting with coalition partners and other political parties on the US pressure to restore Nato supply. He requested the court to impose a complete ban on the Nato supply route on a permanent basis because its restoration would add fuel to the fire and prompt more incidents of terrorism in the country.

He said Pakistan had already paid a heavy price for joining the war against terrorism. He said the Nato forces violated the Pakistani airspace and attacked a check post, leaving 24 soldiers dead.He alleged that the foreign forces were trying to disintegrate Pakistan and wanted to capture its mineral resources in Balochistan.

He said a bill had been moved in the American Congress for direct interference in the affairs of Balochistan and sovereignty of Pakistan and they wanted to destabilise Pakistan and were trying to create unrest in the country. He requested the court to direct the federal government not to allow any passage for supply of goods of any kind by Nato/ISAF through land route or by air.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-New...-Nato-supplies
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Pakistan Army, PPP, ANP, PML-N have been supporting reopening of supply routes against the will of the people.
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Shehbaz Khan is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Re-opening of the NATO supply routes with new conditions ofcourse ..

yao warokay ghwandi baagh ao pa khwa ye seen rawan!
(#5)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM

^that is sarcasm I assume? The conditions are a farce. They are so eager to open it

Tags
ban, court, nato, pakistan, supply, supreme