Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Health - روغتيا
Reload this Page US face transplant gives man new jaw, teeth and tongue
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
din is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default US face transplant gives man new jaw, teeth and tongue - 03-28-2012, 04:46 AM

27 March 2012 Last updated at 19:16 ET Share this page

US face transplant gives man new jaw, teeth and tongue

Richard Norris received a new jaw and teeth in the 36-hour operation
Continue reading the main story Related Stories

US doctors have carried out what they say is the most extensive face transplant ever performed.
The operation at the University of Maryland gave Richard Norris a new face, including jaw, teeth and tongue.
The 37-year-old has lived as a recluse for 15 years after being severely injured in a gun accident, and wore a mask whenever he went outside.
The surgery was funded by the US Navy, which hopes the techniques will help casualties from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Surgeons who carried out the 36-hour operation say it was part of a series of transplant operations lasting 72 hours, using organs from one donor in five patients including Mr Norris.
He lost his lips and nose in the accident, and only had limited movement of his mouth.
The lead surgeon says Mr Norris will now get his life back.
"Our goal is to restore function as well as have aesthetically pleasing results," said Eduardo Rodriguez.
The team at the University of Maryland say Mr Norris is now brushing his teeth and shaving, and has regained his sense of smell.
The US government estimates that 200 wounded troops might be eligible for face transplants.
The first face transplant was performed in France in 2005, on a woman who was mauled by her dog.
In 2010 surgeons in Spain carried out the world's first full face transplant.

(#2)
Old
Lion of PF
Manzareh is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,062 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM

what about these people?

I have other pictures but are too graphic, my point is, whos going to help them?

----------

*PEACE IS SOMETHING I WOULD REALLY ADORE, BUT WE ARE AT WAR, SO PASS ME A SWORD & IF YOU KILL ME THERE WILL BE A MILLION MORE*

Tags
face, jaw, man, teeth, tongue, transplant