Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Fashion - فيشن او سينګار
Reload this Page Cleaning off Henna
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Iqra

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Cleaning off Henna - 06-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Salaaamoona!

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE henna ..so no space for haters :P

I put on henna a few weeks ago (almost two weeks)...but I made it superrrrrr dark, or I guess it stained really well. The problem is I have a mehndhi thing to go to this weekend, and I want to apply henna to the same hand again...

So a lady told me that putting lemon on it will make it go away, but I've barely started that right now, and I don't think it will clear by tomorrow.

Anyone have any other ideas?
(#2)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM

aw man, I don't have bleach cream...

can I stick my hand into a washer :|
(#3)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 06-18-2010, 12:14 AM

^ stay away from laundry bleach. you will have ur finger nails splitting from the tissue.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamDZJ For This Useful Post:
(#4)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-18-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse Morality View Post
^ stay away from laundry bleach. you will have ur finger nails splitting from the tissue.
lollll for sure, I won't stick my hand in the washer anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samima View Post
Depending on how good your henna was, and how long you let it saturate the skin will make it either easier or harder to remove those dyed layers of skin.
The top one or two layers are easy to remove with scrubbing action , tooth whitening products, cleaning supplies.
Be careful not too scrub too hard and hurt yourself.
Really the only way to get rid of it completely is time.
Often there will be parts of the design that take longer than other areas, this is where the dye was heavier and penetrated more layers of skin.
Your skin naturally exfoliates all the time, so it will fade on its own.
Lets just say I let it dye reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well Lol...

but I'll tryyyy anyway today...InshaAllah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PashtunQueen View Post
Iqra,
try a little hydrogen peroxide as it will bleach it out a little.. lime juice salt scrub rubbing alcohol nail polish remover.
I'll try these InshaAllah :D

I tried a bit of lemon hours and hours ago ... but yeah it's the same :|
(#5)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-19-2010, 05:26 AM

It's okay, I didn't have time to do anything ....

cleaning it off, or reapplying more

*sigh*

I did try some of the lime (well I used lemon) with salt thing, and I also tried a little hydrogen peroxide ...but barely... khair... :D

Thanks everyone!
(#6)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-19-2010, 02:27 PM

Lol hey hey ...I wash my hands a billion times a day ... with soap!

This was just super dark and yeah... strong I guess... like me
(#7)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Lol, yeah it's a bit late for myself, but I guess if anyone else (or if I in the future) needs this...it will be good to have InshaAllah.
(#8)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-20-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
Was it your wedding or something lol?
LOL, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samima View Post
I would suggest you not to try any of these things posted. They will damage your skin Iqra jaan
Why not? I only tried the lemon (instead of lime thing) because I was advised by someone else as well to do that...but I tried the day of, and yeah so there wasn't a lot of time...but it doesn't matter anymore, I'll just let it come off itself dakhaira.
(#9)
Old
PF senior
Laila is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,245 Times in 950 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 06-21-2010, 02:04 AM

Henna is a natural dye on the skin. So removing it is a little difficult. Your reliable friend will be 'time.' But everyday if you use warm water, rub alcohol, use like baby oil, and lemon it helps speed up removal process. However it wont completely remove it.

A few years ago i had a job interview and i had a little bit of henna on my hands. I was so worried, i tried so many techniques to remove it but it didnt work. Thank goodness the person who was interviewing me was from the Middle East.
(#10)
Old
Iqra

Default 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakistani View Post
Why did you put on Henna to begin with?
because I love it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila View Post
Henna is a natural dye on the skin. So removing it is a little difficult. Your reliable friend will be 'time.' But everyday if you use warm water, rub alcohol, use like baby oil, and lemon it helps speed up removal process. However it wont completely remove it.

A few years ago i had a job interview and i had a little bit of henna on my hands. I was so worried, i tried so many techniques to remove it but it didnt work. Thank goodness the person who was interviewing me was from the Middle East.
Lol I knowww time is the key...but this TIME I guess the henna was really good and dyed nicely... usu it comes off pretty quickly for me (maybe thats why I put so much lemon on it for it to stain when I had the henna on hahaha).

I only wanted it removed because I wanted to get henna done again on the same hand, but it's okay because I never got time to reapply it anyway.

I personally don't mind having Henna on anywhere anytime

Tags
cleaning, henna