Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page honor killing by afghan family in Canada
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
کیش is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,263 Times in 1,029 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 01-29-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Walid View Post
Man I hate stuff like this. Personally I think King Mohammad Shafia should have stayed in Afghanistan if he couldn't handle it. Personally, I see this a lot in my generation and in the Afghan community. Sorry scratch the word "community", cause if there was one stuff like this wouldn't happen. The biggest reason why kids turn out like this is: (drum roll) THEIR PARENTS. If the parents don't teach them basic Islam, give them reasons why Islam makes sense, let them think, don't force to much stuff on them, don't let them get involved too much with western music, culture(going out with friends), everything would be fine. Personally, my parents never forced Islam on us, they taught us what we need to know (read quran, what Islam means, we went to mosque for friday prayers/sunday school). Now, my little sisters (one age 16 and one age 13) have decided for themselves to wear the hijab, not force from the parents. They themselves work hard at memorizing Al-Quran, all with the help of Allah. From my parents rearing I see that parents need to set limitations but you have to set freedoms as well. It is a very a delicate situation that needs to be taken care of. I put all blame on their parents, and I don't believe this so called "honor killing" was right, if I am correct isn't being "prideful' a big sin in Islam?

Stuff like this, makes it hard for a Muslim and an Afghan to speak up against stereotypes and the nonsense the media has been portraying about all Muslims/Afghans.

TheYoungTurks (news show on youtube) directed me to a website where people hate on each other. Can you believe what the biggest post on this website is? Its some kids hating on an Afghan family in Northern Virginia? Long story short, the family is really messed up and in crap like the guy above. I am afraid something like the above doesn't happen there. I don't want to name the family as that would be supporting the gossip but if any Afghans living there should know what I am talking about. They should try to help them maybe....

I know disrespecting your elders is wrong in Pashtun culture but I don't care I will say that the elders as far as my neck of the woods is concerned are completely useless. They know stuff like this happens with many Afghan children and they should be responsible for helping to build a way of life for Afghans in the USA, and for people like the above who are scared to adapt into the western culture. If I wasn't at college I would have started an Afghan Youth organization a long time ago. Personally I hate it when I see my peers listening to rap, talking in ghetto language, going to ****ty public schools, planning on becoming translators, dressing like ghetto people, trying to act like the low class people of our society.

Sorry for my rant, but stuff like this needs to be addressed by the Afghan elders and communities need to be created.
This is going to happen to every western Afghan family, if it is already not happening. It's the clash of cultures: your parents Vs. the kids (the culture of the country they are being raised). Let's keep it real, after another generation or two, all western-Afghans will all lose their Afghan cultural ties and will be completely westernized. The only way to stop this, is To emigrate back to the homeland.

I know more than a handfull of Afghans, who don't know the capital of Afghanistan.
(#12)
Old
PF senior
emkhan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,007 Times in 737 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 01-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Walid View Post
Man I hate stuff like this. Personally I think King Mohammad Shafia should have stayed in Afghanistan if he couldn't handle it. Personally, I see this a lot in my generation and in the Afghan community. Sorry scratch the word "community", cause if there was one stuff like this wouldn't happen. The biggest reason why kids turn out like this is: (drum roll) THEIR PARENTS. If the parents don't teach them basic Islam, give them reasons why Islam makes sense, let them think, don't force to much stuff on them, don't let them get involved too much with western music, culture(going out with friends), everything would be fine. Personally, my parents never forced Islam on us, they taught us what we need to know (read quran, what Islam means, we went to mosque for friday prayers/sunday school). Now, my little sisters (one age 16 and one age 13) have decided for themselves to wear the hijab, not force from the parents. They themselves work hard at memorizing Al-Quran, all with the help of Allah. From my parents rearing I see that parents need to set limitations but you have to set freedoms as well. It is a very a delicate situation that needs to be taken care of. I put all blame on their parents, and I don't believe this so called "honor killing" was right, if I am correct isn't being "prideful' a big sin in Islam?

Stuff like this, makes it hard for a Muslim and an Afghan to speak up against stereotypes and the nonsense the media has been portraying about all Muslims/Afghans.

TheYoungTurks (news show on youtube) directed me to a website where people hate on each other. Can you believe what the biggest post on this website is? Its some kids hating on an Afghan family in Northern Virginia? Long story short, the family is really messed up and in crap like the guy above. I am afraid something like the above doesn't happen there. I don't want to name the family as that would be supporting the gossip but if any Afghans living there should know what I am talking about. They should try to help them maybe....

I know disrespecting your elders is wrong in Pashtun culture but I don't care I will say that the elders as far as my neck of the woods is concerned are completely useless. They know stuff like this happens with many Afghan children and they should be responsible for helping to build a way of life for Afghans in the USA, and for people like the above who are scared to adapt into the western culture. If I wasn't at college I would have started an Afghan Youth organization a long time ago. Personally I hate it when I see my peers listening to rap, talking in ghetto language, going to ****ty public schools, planning on becoming translators, dressing like ghetto people, trying to act like the low class people of our society.

Sorry for my rant, but stuff like this needs to be addressed by the Afghan elders and communities need to be created.
Same here in London I have heard about. No offence
(#13)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
hamid954 is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Fine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 01-29-2012, 07:33 PM

I think Shafia is Irani.
(#14)
Old
PF senior

Default 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM

I think, not all but most of the Afghan immigrants to UK, America, Canada and other countries were liberell and secular back home as well. So no wonder their kids becomes westernise as they got an environment they wanted.
(#15)
Old
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,214 Times in 935 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 01-29-2012, 07:50 PM

if you don't like the Culture of the west then why live in it.
its not easy having daughters and sister in this society but killing them is wrong.
just rise them in Afghanistan.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
The Following User Says Thank You to Master Khan For This Useful Post:
emkhan (01-29-2012)
(#16)
Old
PF senior

Default 01-29-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Khan View Post
if you don't like the Culture of the west then why live in it.
its not easy having daughters and sister in this society but killing them is wrong.
just rise them in Afghanistan.
That is true.
(#17)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Default 01-29-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkhan View Post
I think, not all but most of the Afghan immigrants to UK, America, Canada and other countries were liberell and secular back home as well. So no wonder their kids becomes westernise as they got an environment they wanted.
oh yes, of course. it must be the fault of the secularists, lol.
when will you wake up to the fact, emkhan, that whether human beings are secularists or any multitude of different religions, there are still defective mentalities and actions done by some amongst them.
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
کیش (01-29-2012)
(#18)
Old
PF senior

Default 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
oh yes, of course. it must be the fault of the secularists, lol.
when will you wake up to the fact, emkhan, that whether human beings are secularists or any multitude of different religions, there are still defective mentalities and actions done by some amongst them.
I mean liberal plus open minded plus secularists
These all makes a bunch of those who don't care about values and virtues.
They do whatever they like to do.
(#19)
Old
PF contributor
Breshna is on a distinguished road

Default 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkhan View Post
Who are you to...generalize?

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument.
I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness.

(#20)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Default 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM

emkhan, you keep saying that secularists don't care about values and virtues. secularists can be any religion or none. because a person has no religion does not mean that they don't have values and ideals that they adhere to. try and get your little braain around that, dear.
if you don't like the secular society, stop being a parasite upon england. go home.

Tags
afghan, canada, family, honor, killing