Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Support > Support & Announcements - صلاح مشورې
Reload this Page PF Loya Jirga: A Question to the Forum as a Whole about US Army Postings
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11)
Old
JAMALUDEEN JAMALUDEEN is offline
PF senior
JAMALUDEEN is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 642
Thanked 730 Times in 569 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: one-tho
Default 12-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarakzaiAbdali View Post


And remember, I have never asked for a ban on Ghaznavi, Toramana, Soldat, LZ, or any other person.

This is one request that is legitimate.

Mr. Noorzai should shed is military reporting and instead be forced to act within the regular rules of a forum.

Just as Deutshe Bank cannot come here and randomly post DB promotions, most of his posts are just exactly that. They are one sided and sanctioned by the military as a part of this program.
I don't think, this noorzai character will debate us as he is not programmed to debate but to spread propaganda...through his one sided articles..by centcom

I also vote for a ban.

Last edited by JAMALUDEEN; 12-14-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
BarakzaiAbdali's Avatar
BarakzaiAbdali BarakzaiAbdali is online now
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,439
Thanks: 99
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,460 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Default 12-14-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaludeen View Post
I don't think, this noorzai character will debate us as he is not programmed to debate but to spread propaganda...through his one sided articles..by centcom

I also vote for a ban.
Well the issue is also that he will just simply remove the CENTCOM banner at the bottom of his postings and continue to post action alerts. That is basically him doing the same exact thing as before. Written pieces by a military figure on behalf of the US military with merely the centcom banner at the bottom gone would just be a slick way that he could get to act like an underground recruiter.

So that should certainly be discouraged as well.
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
graveyardofempires
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM

i dont see that happening,.

except for what you have stated there(which is enough)why in the hell would the PF big boys want to do it.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
JAMALUDEEN JAMALUDEEN is offline
PF senior
JAMALUDEEN is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 642
Thanked 730 Times in 569 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: one-tho
Default 12-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarakzaiAbdali View Post
Well the issue is also that he will just simply remove the CENTCOM banner at the bottom of his postings and continue to post action alerts. That is basically him doing the same exact thing as before. Written pieces by a military figure on behalf of the US military with merely the centcom banner at the bottom gone would just be a slick way that he could get to act like an underground recruiter.

So that should certainly be discouraged as well.
You are right...

I say, there should be seperate rules that should govern people such as noorzai on this forum.

A much easier fix would be a straight ban as soon as they are discovered.
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
JAMALUDEEN JAMALUDEEN is offline
PF senior
JAMALUDEEN is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 642
Thanked 730 Times in 569 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: one-tho
Default 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardofempires View Post
i dont see that happening,.

except for what you have stated there(which is enough)why in the hell would the PF big boys want to do it.
I also think. The forum content should be made private, especially the " Politics & Current Affairs "and "Society and Heritage"...
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
BarakzaiAbdali's Avatar
BarakzaiAbdali BarakzaiAbdali is online now
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,439
Thanks: 99
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,460 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Default 12-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardofempires View Post
i dont see that happening,.

except for what you have stated there(which is enough)why in the hell would the PF big boys want to do it.
Well I mean there are so many examples of this. I thought one of the forum rules was what I stated above... for instance, if I was the CEO of Deutsche Bank I could not come here and post DB articles and DB ads and DB recruiting tips... and if DB was under fire, I thought since I would be posting as a corporate entity, the rule was that I could not do so.

In this way, Noorzai is a CENTCOM rep, posting CENTCOM action statements and CENTCOM admitted propaganda pieces.

This is not Noorzai going to some website like Toramana does and reading an article, digesting it, and posting it and then debating it.

This is Noorzai basically using a bullhorn to broadcast his view. His statement itself may get him some curses back etc. but its original intent is not to engage in discussion at all. Its basically... the equivaelnt of a US military series of Deutsche Bank ads.

Moreover, the Gaurdian and NPR articles are hard to dismiss and he is playing by the letter to what they describe. That in and of itself is sickening.

If the Forum was adopted by the Taliban as a strategy bullhorn, it would be immediatly hit and all its moderators arrested and members hunted down. As a result, the official statement exists that PF is not the place for that sort of exchange.

When Miawand posts something, he finds it on CBS news, or some Afghan paper etc.

So just as one side of the conflict cannot take advantage of the forum, so too should the other be discouraged from doing so in an official capacity.

And note, I did not ever call for an MDresden ban ever. This is more serious per the articles and what they entail.
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
tor_khan's Avatar
tor_khan tor_khan is online now
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,392
Thanks: 833
Thanked 1,710 Times in 983 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Twilight Zone
Default 12-14-2011, 08:39 PM

BarakzaiAbdali and Zmarak. Salaam to you both.

The issues raised are in fact very pertinent. Outside of offering a platform for Pashtuns in the disapora and from either side of the Durand to come together, the 'mission intent' of the forum is to hopefully serve as a cultural library/repository of debate. More generally Admin and I support dialogue and unity for our people, and the wider civic development that stems from that. Beyond that, whilst we explore politics and ask searching political questions, we do not actively or passively serve to promote a party political agenda.

Is it possible that various intelligence groups are monitoring/watching and covertly setting up user accounts to steer their own agendas? The honest truth is that neither Admin nor I can offer any guarantee that a Member/User is who they say they are. I have periodically reminded the board (see Announcement dated 03-19-2011) to understand that whilst we bond with one another and explore ideas, the global war on terror focusses very much on Pashtuns. Whilst the particular posting that I have linked to here points to the use of personal images, the text of the announcement refers to a wider problem of 'trust'. Being on the Internet we are in effect almost inside a goldfish bowl and knowing that perhaps, should remind us that we have a responsibility to think carefully about what we say and how we wish to project our community.

On the note about military personnel/subversive individuals etc. covertly filtering in; IP searches can sometimes be unreliable, however, I believe it is appropriate for me to share with the community that there have been instances when attempts by individuals to slip through have been picked up. We have previously refused permission and financial incentives for 'recruitment' drives for those wishing to tap into our language potential, the bottom line being, we wish to remain independent.

The article, Barakzai, is one that I will read InshAllah.



Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
BarakzaiAbdali's Avatar
BarakzaiAbdali BarakzaiAbdali is online now
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,439
Thanks: 99
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,460 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Default 12-14-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor_khan View Post
BarakzaiAbdali and Zmarak. Salaam to you both.

The issues raised are in fact very pertinent. Outside of offering a platform for Pashtuns in the disapora and from either side of the Durand to come together, the 'mission intent' of the forum is to hopefully serve as a cultural library/repository of debate. More generally Admin and I support dialogue and unity for our people, and the wider civic development that stems from that. Beyond that, whilst we explore politics and ask searching political questions, we do not actively or passively serve to promote a party political agenda.

Is it possible that various intelligence groups are monitoring/watching and covertly setting up user accounts to steer their own agendas? The honest truth is that neither Admin nor I can offer any guarantee that a Member/User is who they say they are. I have periodically reminded the board (see Announcement dated 03-19-2011) to understand that whilst we bond with one another and explore ideas, the global war on terror focusses very much on Pashtuns. Whilst the particular posting that I have linked to here points to the use of personal images, the text of the announcement refers to a wider problem of 'trust'. Being on the Internet we are in effect almost inside a goldfish bowl and knowing that perhaps, should remind us that we have a responsibility to think carefully about what we say and how we wish to project our community.

On the note about military personnel/subversive individuals etc. covertly filtering in; IP searches can sometimes be unreliable, however, I believe it is appropriate for me to share with the community that there have been instances when attempts by individuals to slip through have been picked up. We have previously refused permission and financial incentives for 'recruitment' drives for those wishing to tap into our language potential, the bottom line being, we wish to remain independent.

The article, Barakzai, is one that I will read InshAllah.
Salamoona Tor Khan Mashr Saheb

I am glad you initiated the jirga. I think this aspect of PF is what makes it valuable.

The issue with the Noorzai account is that it openly accepts on its own banner that it is CENTCOM. The dual posting of Pashto messages coupled to English messages is even more evidence of the fact that this individual is indeed US Army affiliated and serving in an official capacity.

And once again, just as we welcomed MDresden and we even engaged him in civil debate to the point where he became upset and started threatening members... I think its well in line with your mission statement for someone to enter in such a capacity as MDresden initially appeared to do.

The Noorzai Jahan account on the other hand is by its own verbage and its own banner a strategy tool.

If you arrange nearly 99% of his posts occur when an event occurs in Afghanistan proper and damage control or propaganda offensives need to occur.
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
BarakzaiAbdali's Avatar
BarakzaiAbdali BarakzaiAbdali is online now
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,439
Thanks: 99
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,460 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Default 12-14-2011, 08:48 PM

A while back there was a poster that was putting up pictures of downed US troops and the forum as a whole agreed that this person, very likely had some links there and he was immediatly banned.

I am very glad that these recruitment offers are turned down as it ensures a nice environment in which all of us can air our opinions in a reasonably safe way.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
tor_khan's Avatar
tor_khan tor_khan is online now
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,392
Thanks: 833
Thanked 1,710 Times in 983 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Twilight Zone
Default 12-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Barakzai, I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The recruiters for language skills have been refused since the early days and now and then come back, to the same answer of refusal.




Last edited by tor_khan; 12-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tor_khan For This Useful Post:
BarakzaiAbdali (12-14-2011)
Reply

Tags
army, forum, jirga, loya, postings, question

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.