Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page This army has to protect our country in 2 years
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
afgpower is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default This army has to protect our country in 2 years - 11-10-2011, 04:12 PM

The foolish army that wants to defeat the taliban - YouTube

judge by your self
(#2)
Old
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,488 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Default 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM

Pay special attention to 4 minutes in.

The US marine squadron leader says:

"When you look at the enemy, they have performance based promotion, where if they do a good job they get promote vis who they are related to. And you kind of have to respect that in a way"

What is he referencing? The fact that the insurgents, as Scheuer confirmed, and now this battle field squadron leader is reaffirming, are meritocratic compared to the installed US puppets and their Afghan chosen allies.

Yet time and time again, the lazy children of the emigres who ran away from leading their nation in its time of turmoil make excuses... huuuuuge glaring idiotic, dumb as a door nail excuses:

"wah nau saheb, Amreeekaay ba monzh la mulk shaaaa keeeee... zamonzh watandaraan khwaaar swaaa da jangooonnaaa da lassaaa" and the big cow tears follow. These people could care less about their watandaaraan. This is their cash cow, their way to go from pumping gas in the US where they are still meritless, to forcing their idiocy onto a populace.

Even this average Joe soldier is point out exactly what I have been saying for nearly a year now here.

Leaders LEAD. The reason America worked initially is because their Sherpao, their Karzai, their Zahir Shah, their Ameen Arsalaa, amongst others did not run to mud bathes expecting hand outs. They led from the front and established a meritocracy.

This is in stark contrast to the neoconservative style Afghan emigres who are urging and demanding the US stay to fight their war for them to impose their failed heirarchy onto the Afghan populace.

And for all their troubles what have they created? Read again and again and again what the soldier above said starting at 4 minutes in.

They basically are creating Pakistan next door to Pakistan, a state utterly devoid of meritocracy.

Case closed with the battle field evidence
The Following User Says Thank You to BarakzaiAbdali For This Useful Post:
(#3)
Old
PF contributor
Soldat_Amir is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 11-15-2011, 11:15 AM

People are quick to judge the ANA, when they themselves are away living in the West.

Barakzai, knowing that you are a doctor, you would have more sense, then spread pro Pak ISI propaganda against the ANA.

The ANA is not what it was a few years ago. It takes time and efford to organise groups of young men who come from broken homes.

Who said the Taliban are any better, how many times have been blown themselves up by accident or ran away from a gunfire fight?

If an Army has no ideology it will never suceed. With all the killings of innocent people and exposure of ISI links with the Taliban, the Afghan people by far are more motivated now to act against these Child killing girl stoning criminals from Pakistan.
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Afghanistan2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,083 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default 11-15-2011, 11:25 AM

I remember some guys deployed with the 101 Mountain Division in eastern Afghanistan gama sector , who were serving as rifelmen they all betrayed their US allies when a firefight took place, they said to me everytime we saw taliban fighters we turned our weapons in the wrong direction and let the americans believe taliban are everywhere hahahahaha and they never shoot on taliban fighters,more they helped them to place IEDs and stage attacks on US Forward Bases.

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.
(#5)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM

I wouldn't judge the whole ANA by just a single video

@barakzai you got a point man but leaders dont pop out of thin air..people have to be willing to put their foot down and put a sensible leader at the helm

@soldat The picture isn't that optimistic either, this force has some major discrepancies..give anyone enough practise and they can put a bullet between a man's eyes but what makes a soldier is discipline .. The soviets had organized a much much better force when they left, and it didnt take that long for it to go down, id be very careful in betting my money on ANA just yet..maybe the indians can do a better job at training

and certainly having rogue soldier shoot out NATO troops dont help either

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#6)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
AFG21 is on a distinguished road

Default 11-15-2011, 01:46 PM

Peopel are forgeting that the mojority of the soldiers are illiterate. Most of them never went to school. So training them requires time and is kind of dificult. But to be honest, I don't have really hoop that ANA when taken control could stabelize Afghanistan. Meyeb if the US leaves most of the Taliban would stop fighting becuase they don't want to kill there own Afghan peopel meybe then the ANA can bring control and stability.
(#7)
Old
PF senior

Default 11-16-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG21 View Post
Peopel are forgeting that the mojority of the soldiers are illiterate. Most of them never went to school. So training them requires time and is kind of dificult. But to be honest, I don't have really hoop that ANA when taken control could stabelize Afghanistan. Meyeb if the US leaves most of the Taliban would stop fighting becuase they don't want to kill there own Afghan peopel meybe then the ANA can bring control and stability.
This is a very insightful comment. I commend your rather consistent honesty.
(#8)
Old
PF senior

Default 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat_Amir View Post
People are quick to judge the ANA, when they themselves are away living in the West.

Barakzai, knowing that you are a doctor, you would have more sense, then spread pro Pak ISI propaganda against the ANA.

The ANA is not what it was a few years ago. It takes time and efford to organise groups of young men who come from broken homes.

Who said the Taliban are any better, how many times have been blown themselves up by accident or ran away from a gunfire fight?

If an Army has no ideology it will never suceed. With all the killings of innocent people and exposure of ISI links with the Taliban, the Afghan people by far are more motivated now to act against these Child killing girl stoning criminals from Pakistan.
That Ray Rivera... he's my ISI point of contact (sarcasm).

You dont need to be a doctor to stop, read, and listen intently Maseed Saheb. Learn to think outside of the box in regard to the notion that all that speak truth are ISI and Arab agents. For instance, how would one explain Mr Rivera's evidence laden commentary below???Just two months ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/wo...pagewanted=all

Afghan Army Attracts Few Where Fear Reigns

"Afghan and NATO officials have long struggled to entice young men in the heavily Pashtun south — the Taliban heartland — to join the Afghan Army. Despite years of efforts to increase the enlistment of southern Pashtuns, an analysis of recruitment patterns by The New York Times shows that the number of them joining the army remains relatively minuscule, reflecting a deep and lingering fear of the insurgents, or sympathy for them, as well as doubts about the stability and integrity of the central government in Kabul, the capital."

"With the deadline for the withdrawal of most foreign forces in 2014, the need to enlist more southern Pashtuns is pressing if Afghanistan is to have a national army that resembles the ethnic and geographic makeup of the country. It is no small concern. The absence of southern Pashtuns reinforces the impression here that the army is largely a northern institution — to be used against them — and what Afghan and Western officials worry is a dangerous division of the country."

"The predominantly Pashtun southern and southeastern provinces — Kandahar, Helmand, Oruzgan, Zabul, Paktika and Ghazni — make up about 17 percent of Afghanistan’s total population, yet they contributed just 1.5 percent of the soldiers recruited since 2009.
Some progress has been made, but merely in percentage terms; Kandahar and Helmand more than doubled their number of recruits last year from the previous year. The raw numbers, however, are discouraging, and Afghan officials worry that the recent erosion of security in Kandahar City could reverse the few gains they have made."

"The two provinces are home to nearly two million people. Yet since 2009 they have contributed fewer than 1,200 soldiers to the army, less than 1 percent of the nearly 173,000 enlistees in that period. By comparison, Kunduz, a northern province of about 900,000 people, enlisted more than 16,500 recruits."

"Not surprisingly, the vast majority of recruits come from provinces in the north and northeast, where the insurgency is weaker. While the overall representation of Pashtuns, Afghanistan’s largest ethnic group, in the army is equitable — they make up about 42 percent of the population and roughly the same percentage of the army — the vast majority come from a few northeastern provinces. More than a third come from Nangarhar Province alone."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/wo...pagewanted=all
(#9)
Old
PF senior

Default 11-16-2011, 10:23 PM

Now, in regard to the commentary that the Afghan National Army is gaining competence.:

This new line of propaganda has steadily picked up pace as Obama's number draw down and the 2012 election approaches.

When one examines more closely, what we see is that the Defense Department and the American Military's assessment of the ANA DIFFERS from that of the more honed, accurate, and upfront assessment of Central Intelligence (Randolph, dont cite the Iraq intelligence to me to debunk Central Intelligence's assessments, we both know it was drummed up evidence)

In fact, Petreaus, as this Army Times article shows, being at the helm now, is trying to unify the propaganda and is pushing the CIA to mirror the American Army's assessments:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/1...inions-101411/

So what has Central Intelligence been saying behind the scenes about the ANA (since just a little under a year ago the American Military was complaining that the ANA couldnt even defend a dung pile)

"Analysts also were negative about the performance of the Afghanistan security forces, whereas military commanders saw some units performing competently."

In fact, take it from the mouth of the gift horse, a premiere Afghan Army General:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7A01HN20111101

"We have no clue how to operate the weapons that NATO gives us. And even if we did, will the weapons keep coming after 2014?" he asked Reuters at the ceremony, raising a key question about the sustainability of expensive Western efforts to build up Afghan security forces.
One example given by recruits is the complex computer system used to operate Stryker armored fighting vehicles that cost around $4 million each. Many new recruits assigned to master the system lack basic numeral skills and are unable to read the Latin script used inside.

Then the US officials themselves draw comparisons, very practical ones to the Russian attempt:

"The Soviet Union built a great air force and army which was very well-equipped. But a few years later, it collapsed," said Caldwell, who has overseen all NATO training in Afghanistan for the past two years.
Caldwell said Moscow failed because its training never transitioned into being Afghan-led, eventually paving the way for the Taliban's rise to power in 1996.
But Russians argue that Afghanistan's internal instability and an equipment and cash vacuum were to blame, a scenario that could play out again when NATO's soldiers leave."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7A01HN20111101

And this more recent article shows the desertion rates, an utter display of idiocy here:

•Army desertion rates are 2%-3%. In October, that rate was 2.4%, above an acceptable 1.6%-1.8%, according to Canadian army Maj. Gen. Michael Day, chief of army training for NATO. Day hopes to trim that rate by giving more time off for soldiers in combat and to help with harvests. Providing permanent housing and armored vehicles will help, too, Fuller said.
•Increasing officer pay should provide "a living wage that removes incentive for corruption," said Army Maj. Gen. Walter Golden, the top police training officer. Pay has been doubled for Afghan police officers, about 1,200 of whom were killed last year by insurgents. The officers are "not running away from the fight," he said.
•To counter the insurgency, Afghanistan will need a fleet of 145 planes with 8,000 airmen, which the Afghans cannot run alone by the end of 2014. "It's not a high-tech, power-projection force," Ray said. "It's battlefield mobility, establishing credibility of the government in the eyes of the people."
Fuller estimates maintaining Afghan forces will cost about $4.5 billion a year by the end of 2014, most of which the impoverished country cannot pay for on its own. Fuller said aiding the forces is a "good investment" given that it costs about $1 million a year for one U.S. soldier to live and fight in Afghanistan."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/a...raw/51020032/1

All very reminiscient of this past article I posted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010302175.html

"U.S.-funded infrastructure deteriorates once under Afghan control, report says"

I think this deals the death blow to your plan Maseed... you know the one about how the Pashtuns will somehow become Rambo Einsteins over night ---> convince the US to turn Afghanistan into Metropolitan Manhattan New York ---> and then tell the US "bye, bye"
Do you know why? THe reason Maseed, is that these people, Mr Karzai, Mr. Wardak, et. al. were cowards when their country needed them. They were called Gucci Guerillas. Karzai was known for dressing up all nice like a bride on her wedding day when he was a Mojadidi affiliate, doing nothing but sitting in Islamabad restaurants drinking green tea and eating sugared almonds while the poor people fought and bled for Afghanistan, and earned it its freedom. Then, after all the hard work was done, him and daddy decided that they would just saunter in and take back their leadership spots. They were not meritocratic leaders... failure follows them and their ilk everywhere. They ran to the US as well and beat their chests, thumping them like guerillas, proclaiming, when the Mujahideen were Western heroes: "We are the mighty Afghans that vanquished the Soviets!" Yet the mighty Afghans were actually back there, really dying in the droves for their nation while the aristocracy (e.g. Zahir Shah) had their fun times in Italian mudbathes.
These same parasitic people, who accomplished little to nothing in their adopted countries (e.g. the other Karzai's all fed off Qayum Karzai's restaurant business and washed dishes) all ran back when they smelled potential tribal leadership roles that would be enforced on their native people by the Americans. So, similar to Pakistani oligarchy... swarmes of failed technocrats buzzed back to Afghanistan.
Trust me, just as the infrastructure failed... and just as the Afghan National Army is failing.. the Afghan State will be, in the words of Mr Karzai himself "a twin brother to Pakistan." That is, it will be a failed state next door to a failed state. Utterly devoid of meritocracy and teeming with oligarchial money laundering and theft. This should have been ominous to you and confirmed everything I was saying when he used these words in Istanbul the other day. Someone should have told him, "Please stop spinning this Istan-bull-sh-it."
The Following User Says Thank You to BarakzaiAbdali For This Useful Post:
(#10)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,604 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default 11-25-2011, 11:46 PM

i have a problem with afghan men writing poetry. seems like lately that is the only thing left for them to do and be passionate about. look at them. at one hand they are whining about the us invasion and then on the other hand, they are too busy smoking weed while they should be fighting for their country.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.

Tags
army, country, protect, years