Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Philosophy/Education فلسفه/تعلیم
Reload this Page The Great Osho ...He changed me completely. Let us know him and discuss his ideas.
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Badlun is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The Great Osho ...He changed me completely. Let us know him and discuss his ideas. - 10-01-2011, 04:06 PM

I am starting this thread because of the following message I received from a forum member from India. This thread will be dedicated to the great Guru, his ideas and comments or criticism on his ideas. Feel free to discuss Osho here.

Hi Osho
I am an Osho follower myself, presently living & working in New Delhi.
Great to know that people from your part of the world are aware about Osho and hope there are many more in addition to you.
My life has largely been inspired by Osho's wisdom. Just wanted to bring to your attention that Osho himself was extremely fond of Pashtuns and there are references to Pashtuns available in his teachings/discourses. Please check these links:
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...cbda0-55f.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...06cd3-ea4.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...370b4-a1a.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...6d944-331.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...70571-15d.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...35591-fa0.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...cfd26-f30.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...977f9-4d6.aspx
http://www.osho.com/library/online-l...0dc37-ac8.aspx

Wishing health, happiness & prosperity in your life.

Thanks
Gaurav
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-01-2011, 04:10 PM

For the start you may see the following links

Meditation, the Science of the Inner: The Osho Experience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho_(B...Shree_Rajneesh)
(#3)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 10-01-2011, 04:41 PM

wasn't he a cult leader who poisoned a bunch of people and then end up dying in jail??
I do like most of his writings though.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#4)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-02-2011, 05:42 AM

Let us start the life story of this great man from his so called death. You can read from his biography the following

Welcome to Osho World
It is said that he died of pain in arms and some where else of heart attack.And he died in his own place not in jail.

16 January 1990: Osho's last darshan in Buddha Hall which includes dancing followed by silent meditation. Osho has had severe pains in his arms for some time and will not move his arms in future, but everyone should continue to celebrate and dance when he arrives.
Osho sends a message that during darshan someone is using black magic against him, Osho could defend himself, but since the attacker would thus be harmed, Osho will not do so. Steps are taken to discover who is involved, without success.
17 January: Dr Amrito announces Osho's message that Osho will only come and namaste from now on, "Now your meditation is going to go deeper than ever."
18 January: Osho remains in his room during darshan, but sends a message that his presence would be felt as if he was there.
19 January: Osho leaves his body at 5:00 pm. Dr Amrito makes the announcement after people have gathered for evening darshan. Before dying, Osho calls Jayesh and tells him, "I leave you my dream." He also says, "Anando will be my medium." Osho requests the same format of death celebration which he set up for sannyasins: His body is brought into the Hall for ten minutes celebration, then carried in procession to the nearby burning ghats, where the celebration continues through the night.
21 January: Osho's ashes are brought to his samadhi, which is in the Chuang Tzu auditorium, which was renovated into a bedroom for him, and then used for groups. Now the samadhi room is used for silent meditations. The inscription over his ashes says:

Osho
Never Born
Never Died
Only visited this planet earth between
1931 - 1990
(#5)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default 10-02-2011, 12:52 PM

it's good to find inspiration and or someone who explains life to you in a sense where things start making sense but i don't think it's ever such a a good idea to be influence by another to the point where your life is changed from one thing to the other. as a matter of fact, i find the idea quite disturbing.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-02-2011, 03:17 PM

All the great men and women have been criticized , blamed and accused of many such things. Even the prophets were not spared. All these quotes given above dont have a strong foundation and are remarks of others about Osho.

If you study Osho in depth then you will find him the man who at a stage totally discourage sex and encourage more spiritual and self less mindless state of being.

I can quote many such things even about the prophet of Islam like the following,,then does it mean that the prophet was a depraved and bad man and a pedophile and mad?References list to these quotes can be found here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad

Criticism of Muhammad has existed since the 7th century, when Muhammad was decried by his non-Muslim Arab contemporaries for preaching monotheism. During the Middle Ages he was frequently demonized in European and other non-Muslim polemics. In modern times, criticism has also dealt with his sincerity in claiming to be a prophet, the laws he established such as those concerning slavery, and his marriages.

During the time of Muhammad and later in the Middle Ages, Jewish writers commonly referred to Muhammad as ha-meshuggah ("the madman" or "possessed").

Lutheran writers recorded both polemical and historical ideas about Muhammad.[citation needed] Martin Luther referred to Muhammad as "a devil and first-born child of Satan"

Critics such as Baptist pastor Jerry Vines and Netherlands Party for Freedom leader Geert Wilders have cited the age of Aisha to denounce Muhammad for having had sex with a 9 year old, referring to Muhammad as a pedophile.

Western criticism" has focused especially on the marriage of Muhammad to Zaynab bint Jahsh, the divorced wife of Zayd ibn Harithah, an ex-slave whom Muhammad had adopted as his son. The story goes that "One day Muhammad went out looking for Zayd. There was a covering of haircloth over the doorway, but the wind had lifted the covering so that the doorway was uncovered. Zaynab was in her chamber, undressed, and admiration for her entered the heart of the Prophet. After that Allah made her unattractive to Zayd.'"

Muhammad is also criticised for the mass killing of the men of the Banu Qurayza, a Jewish tribe of Medina. The tribe was accused of having engaged in treasonous agreements with the enemies besieging Medina in the Battle of the Trench in 627. Ibn Ishaq writes that Muhammad approved the beheading of some 600-900 individuals who surrendered unconditionally after a siege that lasted several weeks.(Also see Bukhari 5:59:362) (Yusuf Ali notes that the Qur'an discusses this battle in verses [Quran 33:10]).They were buried in a mass grave in the Medina market place. The women and children were sold into slavery.

Rodney Stark argues that "the fundamental problem facing Muslim theologians vis-ŗ-vis the morality of slavery is that Muhammad bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves"
Also
Textual Criticism and the Quran – Muhammad was a Fraud
Textual Criticism and the Quran – Muhammad was a Fraud | Unsettled Christianity
(#7)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZahroJaam. View Post
it's good to find inspiration and or someone who explains life to you in a sense where things start making sense but i don't think it's ever such a a good idea to be influence by another to the point where your life is changed from one thing to the other. as a matter of fact, i find the idea quite disturbing.
I am up to this extent with Osho what you said
it's good to find inspiration and or someone who explains life to you in a sense where things start making sense
nothing beyond that and I consider him a great man who changed many of my ideas about life but in many points I may disagree with him. Osho 600 books are not for me like the verses of Quran.
(#8)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM

How Osho brought profound changes in my personality? I will write few of his unique ideas which I did not find anywhere else. Friends can comment and criticize.

In life, only mad people ask for perfection. The perfectionist is another name for someone who is getting ready to become mad.

Change your basic philosophy of that of an achiever. Relax into your being. Donít have any ideals, donít try to make something out of yourself, donít try to improve upon God. You are perfect as you are. With all your imperfections you are perfect. If you are imperfect, you are perfectly imperfect ó but perfection is there. Once this is understood, where is the hurry? Where is the worry? You have already slowed down. And then it is a morning walk with no destination, going nowhere. You can enjoy each tree and each sunray and each bird and each person that passes by.

Perfectionism is a neurosis. It is an illness. And the more you try to become perfect, the more frustrated you will become. The goal of perfection has led the whole of humanity towards madness; the earth has almost become a madhouse. I donít teach perfection. What do I teach? I teach wholeness, not perfection. Be whole; be total; but donít think about perfection.

A person remains incomplete unless he becomes enlightened. You cannot expect perfection from a person before enlightenment, but you can expect perfection in a skill. You cannot expect perfection in the being, but in the doing it can be expected, there is no problem about it. An archer can hit the target without ever missing it ó and may not be in it. He has learned the technique, he has become a mechanism, a robot. It is simply done by the head and the hand.

Meditation has nothing to do with perfectionism, but perfection comes as a by-product. As you become silent it follows you, wherever you go it is there ó and it is not something dead, hanging around you. It is growing. That is the most miraculous thing about it, because we always think of perfection as the dead end.
(#9)
Old
PF senior
Afghanistan2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,083 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM

They were all modern mafias,using this sect as a pretext to make money , he sent women on the street to work as prostitutes and his people were dealing with drugs.

Great personallity....lanatullahi alal Osho.
(#10)
Old
PF senior

Default Osho and drugs - 10-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Osho Quotes on Drugs

Drugs, alcohol, or other sorts of intoxicants, they have always been used by religious people. But through them you never move into the reality. Through them you fall into a torpor, into a coma. And in that coma you can have dreams.

In Bali there is an old saying: If you are happy you can always learn to dance. But basically man is not happy. He is so unhappy that just to forget his unhappiness he goes on drinking alcoholic beverages, uses drugs -- marijuana, hashish and opium -- just to forget, at least for a few hours, his miserable state. And there is no reason at all to be miserable. In fact, misery should be very exceptional; happiness should be simply natural.

The modern mind is in much hurry. It wants instant methods for stopping the mind. Hence, drugs have appeal. Mm? -- you can force the mind to stop by using chemicals, drugs, but again you are being violent with the mechanism. It is not good. It is destructive. In this way you are not going to become a master. You may be able to stop the mind through the drugs, but then drugs will become your master -- you are not going to become the master. You have simply changed your bosses, and you have changed for the worse. Now the drugs will hold power over you, they will possess you; without them you will be nowhere.

Acid and drugs have always lured man. It is nothing new. It is as old as man himself -- in the Vedas they used to have SOMA. In India they have continued to use drugs down the centuries -- charas and ganga and opium -- they have tried everything. Now the madness is spreading all over the world. Now people are trying to find a shortcut -- a very easy and cheap thing -- that you can possess, that you can just swallow. Samadhi cannot be swallowed. And God is not a chemical phenomenon; you have to earn it, only then can you have it.

intoxicating drugs proves only one thing: man, in his ordinary personality, is living in despair. He wants for a few hours at least to forget all about the worries and the problems and the anxieties, and there seems to be no other way. What do you want to protect your person for? Your person is your problem. And if you are intelligent enough, and you can find some presence where your person starts melting and disappearing -- without any intoxication, without any drugs -- then can you conceive of a greater blessing? Let the person disappear; it is simply a burden, a torture, a pain in the neck for which there is no medicine.

Unless you give them a higher consciousness which can solve these problems -- then there is no need to forget anything -- unless you give them such a deep alertness and awareness that they can see the root cause of their misery, and they don't want just to cover it with alcohol but want to cut it from the roots... Except meditation there is no way that intoxicant drugs can be prohibited.

I am against all intoxicants, against all drugs. They don't help; they only help you to postpone problems. I would like to really solve your problems. I have solved mine, and the problems are the same, more or less. I can bring you closer to me so you can feel my heart and you can see through my eyes and you can feel what has happened. And that feeling, that taste, will become a magnetic pull on you.

Drugs are a deception. They give you a feeling which is imaginary, hallucinatory, they give you a feeling that you are back, part of nature. People come to me; they say, "I have been on a drug trip, and it was beautiful, and so many things happened." Nothing happened! -- because after it you are again the same, even worse. It only releases dreams in you, but you become so unconscious that you take the dreams to be real. You are not aware, so you cannot see whether this is a dream or a reality.

Tags
changed, completely, discuss, great, ideas, osho