Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Technology - ټكنالوجي > Computer - کمپيوټر
Reload this Page Is there a whizz out there?
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,723 Times in 990 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is there a whizz out there? - 09-30-2011, 10:43 PM

I've done something with my Firefox browser so that when I log onto PF, the screen size is small and all the fonts are tiny. On my phone, that's not a problem because I can zoom in/out easy.

I'm using Win 7. I've turned on my disabled features so that I can zoom in on part of my screen, but I'm effectively just magnifying bits rather than returning my screen to normal.

To be honest I should look on the Internet how to fix this, but if someone is generous enough. Maybe if I log off and start again.

In any case if someone figures this, can they put a note in Technology/Computer thread or VM me?

I'm about to go off to sleep. Khuda Hafiz folks.

(#2)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default 09-30-2011, 10:51 PM

CTrl + Zero

OR

Pinch your mousepad as in try sliding your fingers on the mouse in a pinching out motion..sorry if it doesnt makus sensus

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#3)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 09-30-2011, 11:22 PM

Ctrl+ Maximize zoom.
Ctrl- Minimize zoom.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#4)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,604 Times in 1,980 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 10-15-2011, 07:42 PM

does anyone know how to disable this?? i got a new laptop and every time i try to scroll down after reading a paragraph, it minimizes the font. it's really frustrating but i am too lazy to pack up the laptop and go get a different kind just because of this.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#5)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-15-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZahroJaam. View Post
does anyone know how to disable this?? i got a new laptop and every time i try to scroll down after reading a paragraph, it minimizes the font. it's really frustrating but i am too lazy to pack up the laptop and go get a different kind just because of this.
lol as if you fell for that Alt+F4 thing..try switching to safari for web browsing its pretty good..also you may try this Edit-> Preferences-> Content-> Fonts&Colors-> Advanced-> Minimum_font_size

OR if you're using firefox 4

Firefox button -> Options (2nd column) -> Options -> Content -> Fonts & Colors.

you can change your minimum font size i dont know if it will solve the problem..lot of new laptops have these trackpads where if you kinda pinch-swipe over it zooms out of whatever application you are using..so just goto control panel and try disabling that..may i ask which laptop this is ?

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..

Last edited by Talal; 10-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.
(#6)
Old
PF VIP

Default 10-15-2011, 11:57 PM

what you are suggesting changes the original font size so this problem will still exist. i haven't checked to see if it does the same thing to google chrome or safari. i haven't used safari before with the exception of once or twice in my brother's laptop. the laptop is an acer aspire 5750.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#7)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-16-2011, 12:07 AM

^ Im pretty convinced that its the trackpad on your system..What you have is a multi-gesture trackpad and what you have been doing is accidentally zooming in and out...try doing this and see if the page zooms in and out ( Refer to the image )

Now if it was indeed the case then you can either just zoom out using the track pad or alternatively u can disable it using this

Control panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Select settings -> Select +box next to Pointer Motion -> Under Momentum Select Pinch -> Deselect enable pinch -> Press apply and ok
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 11.04.43 PM.png (14.4 KB, 14 views)

(#8)
Old
PF VIP

Default 10-16-2011, 12:35 AM

you are a genius!

(#9)
Old
PF senior

Default 10-16-2011, 12:40 AM

Mogambo Khush hua

Tags
whizz