Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page difference between pashtuns and baloch?
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,295 Times in 950 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 12-05-2011, 11:40 PM

I like this baloch song, video is stupid

Babul e Shere.DAT - YouTube

Last edited by Karachi; 12-05-2011 at 11:45 PM.
(#12)
Old
PF senior
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,883 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 01:15 AM

a state.

There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
(#13)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
AFG21 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 05:19 AM

I never met an Baloch in real life, but in Southern Afghanistan you can find them, my father says that they look like arabs, but culturaly and some of the words in there language looks like ours. And what is sardar??
(#14)
Old
PF senior
Michin Khel is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
Is it true that these sardars dont allow their people to be educated? or is that a myth?
These sardars and wadarais themeselves are highly educated and many have studied from foriegn. They are clever, they know if their "mazarais" become educated then their influence over them will be lifted. I dont know whether it is myth and truth, but in television dramas they depict such situation..it is a fact that most backward and illiterate regions in pakistan are baloch regions and rural sindh. Urdu speakers were highly educated, and on merit sindhis were unable to compete with them in every field. Thats why bhutto introduced quota system which is kind of unfair.

(#15)
Old
PF senior

Default 12-06-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG21 View Post
I never met an Baloch in real life, but in Southern Afghanistan you can find them, my father says that they look like arabs, but culturaly and some of the words in there language looks like ours. And what is sardar??
Sardar means chief

(#16)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
Is it true that these sardars dont allow their people to be educated? or is that a myth?
That is one of the most disgusting and oft-perpetuated lie about the Baloch and their leaders.

The truth is that almost all the districts of Balochistan lie under the direct control of the provincial and federal government and not the tribal leaders. The tribal leaders cannot force people to not send their kids to school. It is, in fact, the government in Islamabad that has left the Baloch uneducated by draining their land of its resources and giving them peanuts in return. The fact is that the Baloch are so deprived that in most cases, they cannot afford to send their children to school. The rural Baloch are amongst the most wretched people on earth.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
(#17)
Old
PF senior

Default 12-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanaye Zalmaye View Post
That is one of the most disgusting and oft-perpetuated lie about the Baloch and their leaders.

The truth is that almost all the districts of Balochistan lie under the direct control of the provincial and federal government and not the tribal leaders. The tribal leaders cannot force people to not send their kids to school. It is, in fact, the government in Islamabad that has left the Baloch uneducated by draining their land of its resources and giving them peanuts in return. The fact is that the Baloch are so deprived that in most cases, they cannot afford to send their children to school. The rural Baloch are amongst the most wretched people on earth.
Tell me why pashtuns of balochistan are more educated then balochs even though their areas are as backward as baloch areas?

(#18)
Old
PF contributor
al-arab is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG21 View Post
It is because they apparently (Baloch) came from Mesopotamia (current Iraq) centuries ago. Their traditional dresses are also similar to the Assyrian ones as I remember.
(#19)
Old
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 08:11 AM

I have seen on pictures many Baloch that look quiet more Dark than Arabs, more like ethiopian with curley hair and also some very clear Baloch, looking like persians.
They all look so different.
I think Baloch included Genetically very different groups.
There was once an article I read by n Armenian Iranist, he was researching the differences between Baloch and Pashtuns, and Balochized Pashtuns.
He stated That Pashtuns are a tribal society with strict ruels and a strict tibal system based on Pashtun descendant while Baloch peoples are more free in this sense, they do not follow so much descendant and easily include Pashtuns, Brahvis and even the farest foreigner inside their group as long as he follows Baloch identity.
He stated that being Pashtun is very much related to origin and to being Pashtun following the Pashtuns lifestyle but being Baloch is mor liberal without such a strict elder system, and not based ot origins so that Baloch included and include recently many non-Baloch peoples.
Further he told that some Pashtuns , for some social reasons finding difficulties to stay with their tribe joined some Baloch groups, that didn't care so much to their social problems.

Please do not judge my opinion, as I have no opinion on that subject, I only stated what I read , so it is on You to comment it(unfortunately I cannot post the riginal article).
I do not want to offend anybody but only stated that I read this kind of article.

Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Tjanaparh For This Useful Post:
Michin Khel (12-06-2011)
(#20)
Old
graveyardofempires

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 04:07 PM

no difference
they are both muslims.

why do you always look for differences in people?

Tags
baloch, difference, pashtuns