Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page difference between pashtuns and baloch?
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,354 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default difference between pashtuns and baloch? - 09-15-2011, 03:29 AM

what is the difference between pashtuns and baloch people???? other then the language of course, aren't they very similar?

also how has the history been between the two groups?
(#2)
Old
Amir al Ghaznavi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM

My understanding, is limited, but I know both peoples are tribal. The Baloch seem to be more hierarchal, their tribal structure is more intact.

I always saw the two people as close, recent reports of tensions in Balochistan sadden me

I am a proud Pakhtun, but Ive always had strong sympathy with Palestinians and Baloch
(#3)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
retro is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-16-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
what is the difference between pashtuns and baloch people???? other then the language of course, aren't they very similar? also how has the history been between the two groups?
Baluchis are more agreeable and less patriarchal than Pashtuns. However the Baluchis are at odds with both the Pakis and Iranians and have separatist ambitions. Whilst the Pashtuns are as one might expect, are more of a existential threat to Pakistan than Iran.

If you intrested this site is seemingly some kind of Baluch separatist mouthpiece.

News - Pakistan's dirty war against Baloch people: Four female teachers injured in acid attack - News - BALOCHWARNA

Whilst the Kurds are from Southern Mesopotamia and at some point where Persianised. The Baluchis in Pakistan and the south-eastern of Iran have obscure, cultural ties to the Kurds. As the Kurds where seeming on better terms with the Baluchis, than the Persians.

Baluch dress

Last edited by retro; 09-16-2011 at 08:50 AM.
(#4)
Old
PF Moderator
gadoonwal is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Default 09-17-2011, 03:22 AM

Baluchis and pashtuns living side by side for centuries in peace.
There way of life and culture is similar to pashtuns but they are more under the influence of their tribal saradars.
I have seen many baluchis speak pashtu like any qutawal pashtuns.
They are like our brothers.Politicaly both are opposing pakistani establishment.
My idea of independent country of pashtunkhwa wa baluchistan is good option for both nations.
They should form an allaince against pakistani establishment.
Pashtuns and baluch need eachother.

Support pashto language and greater pukhtoonkhwa.

pa prady jaba khabarai pakhtun naka
be laila bala soda kho majnon naka
gero jabo kre lahoo pa khpal tahzeeb ki
be pakhtu ba de bal hestsok rastoon naka
hamza baba
پَښتو کښې اُولېکئ
Pashto Keyboard Online (Afghan) LEXILOGOS >>
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadoonwal For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (10-28-2011)
(#5)
Old
PF senior
Michin Khel is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,399 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 12-05-2011, 04:08 PM

In the past Balochs were notorious for being looters and marauders. The greatest sardar of baloch mir chakar rind was killed by a general of sher shah suri near multan because of his raiding compaigns in south punjab for loot. To counter rind balochs sher shah suri take DI khan and DG khan from afghans and gave them to two baloch sardars ismael khan and ghazi khan with promise that they would counter rinds.
Most of the feudal lords in south punjab and sindh are balochs. They are proud yet arrogant people and treat local people in south punjab and sindh like trash...lagharis, mazaris, lasharis, mehar, zardaris, jamalis, jatois, talpurs etc all these "wadairas" are balochs and have mentally enslaved poor local people. They are not considered that much loyal. Morally they are considered better than sindhis.
Maris and bugtis have tribal enemities with pashtuns, still both frequently intermarry with each other.
They are light skinned people , but not as fair as pashtuns.
In sindh they are very distinguished from original sindhis. Original sindhis are very dark, short and skinny while balochs are well built and light skinned..

pashtuns are independant and individual people and balochs are under their sardars

(#6)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Wahe Guru is on a distinguished road

Default 12-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
In the past Balochs were notorious for being looters and marauders. The greatest sardar of baloch mir chakar rind was killed by a general of sher shah suri near multan because of his raiding compaigns in south punjab for loot. To counter rind balochs sher shah suri take DI khan and DG khan from afghans and gave them to two baloch sardars ismael khan and ghazi khan with promise that they would counter rinds.
Most of the feudal lords in south punjab and sindh are balochs. They are proud yet arrogant people and treat local people in south punjab and sindh like trash...lagharis, mazaris, lasharis, mehar, zardaris, jamalis, jatois, talpurs etc all these "wadairas" are balochs and have mentally enslaved poor local people. They are not considered that much loyal. Morally they are considered better than sindhis.
Maris and bugtis have tribal enemities with pashtuns, still both frequently intermarry with each other.
In sindh they are very distinguished from original sindhis. Original sindhis are very dark, short and skinny while balochs are well built and light skinned..

pashtuns are independant and individual people and balochs are under their sardars
I must say I have met Baloch as dark as Africans. Generally Iranians and Afghans also write that overall Baloch are dark and this is indicated by videos that you can find on web. It could be that these "waderas" are lighter skinned as they would tend to marry lighter skinned females. Such people also would not work themselves all day in the fields wearing a loin cloth.

Maharajah Ranjit Singh's forces had some battles with Baloch in southern Panjab. From my point of view it is unfortunate that British were around at that time in India, otherwise I prefer waderas to be done away with and I think MRS would have done the job as he did elsewhere.

I would also say that I have met Sindhis who are exceptionally light skinned too - though I realise you are talking of the rural folks of which I have not met those kind of Sindhis. Mental enslavement is the worst of all. I hope those poor people will overcome their mental enslavement sooner or later - but in Pakistan it is a long hope.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wahe Guru For This Useful Post:
(#7)
Old
PF contributor
Dinosaur Khan is on a distinguished road

Default 12-05-2011, 06:11 PM

^You are talking about negroid mekranis of coastal balochistan, who are of african origin. they are culturally balochs but not genuine ones.
i did'nt use word 'Fair', balochs r lighter than indics, this is a universal fact, n it it is in their genetics, not with exposure to sun.
you must have met sindhis of baloch origin who r linguistically n culturally sindhis now.

(#8)
Old
PF senior
Michin Khel is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,399 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 12-05-2011, 06:13 PM

sorry i log in as dino by mistake and posted

(#9)
Old
Insaaf_انصاف

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 12-05-2011, 06:28 PM

There are light skinned and dark skinned balochis, like dark / light punjabis
(#10)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,354 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 12-06-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post

Is it true that these sardars dont allow their people to be educated? or is that a myth?

Tags
baloch, difference, pashtuns