Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Technology - ټكنالوجي > Cell/Mobile Phones موبایل فون
Reload this Page Anyone Developed An Android App?
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,686 Times in 964 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone Developed An Android App? - 08-22-2011, 10:17 AM

How easy/difficult is it to develop an Android App?

My phone has Urdu/Farsi writing options, but I'm limited when I want to send an SMS in Pashto.

I have the Pashto App for the iPad, but you have to copy and paste messages than directly being able to compose an SMS in Pashto.

The Google/Android issue is a priority.

(#2)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,569 Times in 2,265 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 08-22-2011, 12:49 PM

Greetings TK,
Do you have any programming experience? Java is the key for the android.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#3)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default 08-22-2011, 01:06 PM

yeah thats one of the reasons i love this OS so much, there are also some AIR-based apps i think.. Just get Eclipse or NetBeans if you like that better, program Eclipse for AVD and thats it after that its just write code

OR you can just simply install the MultiLing App, its a keyboard app and you can jus write using the pashtu keyboard

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#4)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Janana is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 08-22-2011, 03:33 PM

Sorry I don't think I can help I use the Iphone and when I write in Pashto I use the "Pashto Keyboard" app, and like you mentioned, I have to copy the text and paste it into an SMS for it to work.
(#5)
Old
PF senior
کیش is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,027 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM

Tor Khan,

unfortunetely i cannot help you directly. but this ebook can if you really study it.

i also have the Pashto keyboard app, for the iPad. it was done very sloppy, with the letters starting from the left side. as well as that frame that blocks what you are writing. the Urdu/Farsi keyboard app was done much better, with the option of email/web browsing easily accesible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1849512949Android.pdf (9.61 MB, 0 views)
(#6)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,686 Times in 964 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Default 08-23-2011, 12:45 AM

Thanks people for your input. Also I'll look at the PDF Kaish. Manena. I guess we as a community need to develop this because there is a need.

I wonder if there is a simpler way? I mean could it be possible to just modify an existing Urdu/Farsi keyboard and add the extra Pashto characters?

I'm thinking open source here so modification might be possible within the spirit of open source.

Right now Microsoft Windows leads the way for Pashto support. I haven't seen Pashto in Ubuntu but I have a friend in Afghanistan (Angraiz in fact) who has developed a lot of educatuonal stuff that is in Pashto for the Linux platform.

(#7)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Aryob is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 08-31-2011, 10:36 PM

Open source users/developers please join Open source Afghanistan group on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/LinuxAfghanistan
I was wondering if there are any Android developers here? Thinking of working on Pashto support for Android phones/pads (I use HTC HD2) but i guess i have to program it which means one more thing in my huge TODO list.
(#8)
Old
Banned
r3alist is on a distinguished road

Default 09-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I mean could it be possible to just modify an existing Urdu/Farsi
do your own work.
(#9)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Aryob is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 09-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
do your own work.
ever heard of open source?
The Following User Says Thank You to Aryob For This Useful Post:
tor_khan (09-07-2011)
(#10)
Old
PF senior
Afghanistan2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,083 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default 09-04-2011, 05:07 PM

I really appreciate being with you guys (with such thinkings) i myself have worked on different java programms but i have inshaAllah the next plan to move on android its the best os i have ever seen very simple,really great-

Tags
android, app, developed