Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Hujra - حجره
Reload this Page What is Pakistan?
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Zayam is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Mellow
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What is Pakistan? - 07-18-2011, 08:57 PM

I want to share with you something I read on someone's profile page on another site:

"Not all of us want to kill you or rob you but a few of us might. We're a land of paradoxes in so many ways that its almost farcical, a land of rebels and conformists, philanthropists and con artists, murderers and poets. Pakistan is the best and worst of humanity existing side by side ripping apart everything in the middle. Most of us live in remote and disconnected villages and wouldn't know Osama Bin Laden from Justin Bieber and are too hungry to care. Time is not money in Pakistan it's time. We have plenty of time but no money. We all live in a state of permanent confusion, anarchy and fear, terrible things happen around us every day. Yet strangely enough we seem to bundle along and miraculously and almost stubbornly manage to retain some hope."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zayam For This Useful Post:
faye (07-19-2011), Janana (07-19-2011), Nokia_Apridy (07-19-2011), Shehbaz Khan (07-19-2011)
(#2)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default 07-18-2011, 09:39 PM

about sums it up lol

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#3)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,796 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 07-18-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayam View Post
I want to share with you something I read on someone's profile page on another site:

"Not all of us want to kill you or rob you but a few of us might. We're a land of paradoxes in so many ways that its almost farcical, a land of rebels and conformists, philanthropists and con artists, murderers and poets. Pakistan is the best and worst of humanity existing side by side ripping apart everything in the middle. Most of us live in remote and disconnected villages and wouldn't know Osama Bin Laden from Justin Bieber and are too hungry to care. Time is not money in Pakistan it's time. We have plenty of time but no money. We all live in a state of permanent confusion, anarchy and fear, terrible things happen around us every day. Yet strangely enough we seem to bundle along and miraculously and almost stubbornly manage to retain some hope."
This describes almost any country.
(#4)
Old
PF knowledgeable
R3SISTANC3 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-18-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayam View Post

Instead of whining Pakistanis should fix their society get their s*** together and elect honest noble men instead of voting for dictators after dictators, feudal lords, corrupt ethnic representatives, religiously and politically confusing politicians with no real loyalty to the nation or people. Pakistanis are to blame for their national problems. Why aren't they protesting like the Arabs? Are the Arabs far more educated and liberal than the nuclear enabled Pakistanis? The Pakistanis themselves are disingenuous who are ethnically and religiously biased towards internal minorities. The biggest problem is that in Pakistan ethnic loyalties play a major role. They dont vote for the best candidate for the nation, they vote for people that they culturally and linguistically associate.

Last edited by BLS_1919v2.0; 07-19-2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: language
(#5)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,318 Times in 970 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default 07-18-2011, 11:47 PM

^ yeah thats true, Pakistan has one major major major problem, the feudal/tribal systems, all the 4 major ethnic groups punjabies, pashtuns, baloch and sindhis have this system everywhere, from the groud level to up. This is the real reason the whole society is backwards. Any society with these types of systems will never become modern/advanced. I think Afghanistan and some other countries like (yemen) are in the same shoe.

Before 1947 India had these systems aswell, but they abolished it and thats why the masses are becoming educated there
(#6)
Old
DannyTannerzai

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 07-19-2011, 12:22 AM

Pakistan cest moi (and Graveyard of Empires!)!
(#7)
Old
salam

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 07-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Pakistan is called an unpredictable country in every field.
(#8)
Old
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,215 Times in 936 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 07-19-2011, 04:07 PM

Pakistan is just a army country run by corrupt people...and thats about it.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
The Following User Says Thank You to Master Khan For This Useful Post:

Tags
pakistan