Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Interview:Pre-911 Taliban Envoy Saeed Hashami discuss Women, Budha Statues, & Osama
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,796 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Interview:Pre-911 Taliban Envoy Saeed Hashami discuss Women, Budha Statues, & Osama - 07-18-2011, 11:40 AM

‪The truth behind the Taliban - Part 1‬‏ - YouTube
‪The truth behind the Taliban - Part 2‬‏ - YouTube
‪The truth behind the Taliban - Part 3‬‏ - YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to khushal For This Useful Post:
torkham (07-28-2011)
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 07-18-2011, 11:43 AM

Here an American Muslim Woman discuss the difference between reality and the distorted western lens.
‪The truth behind the Taliban - Part 4‬‏ - YouTube
‪The truth behind the Taliban - Part 5‬‏ - YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to khushal For This Useful Post:
torkham (07-28-2011)
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM

Taliban Ambassador's Speech in the USA

Sayyid Rahmatullah Hashemi is the roving Ambassador from Afghanistan who recently visited the US. He has been active in giving lectures on the real situation regarding the Taliban in Afghanistan throughout central and Southern California. The following is the transcribed lecture given by Sayyid Rahmatullah Hashemi at the University Of Southern California on March 10, 2001:
Respected Brothers/Sisters In Islam,
Assallaamu Alaykum Wa Rahamtullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu

Allah says:
"O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done." (Qur`an 49:6)

I was just coming from [a meeting with] a group of scholars, and the first thing we started there was the statues. And the first thing we started here was also the statues. It s very unfortunate how little we see and how little we know. And it really confuses me, if people really know that little or not. Nobody has seen the problems of Afghanistan; nobody saw their problems before. And the only thing that represents Afghanistan today are the statues.

The problem of Afghanistan was not new. As you know that Afghanistan is called, The Crossroads of Asia. So, we are suffering because of our geo-strategic location. We have suffered in the 18th century, 19th century, and we are still suffering in this century....................

continued in the link
Taliban Ambassador Speech in the USA
(#4)
Old
unknownprince

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 07-18-2011, 10:37 PM

Does anyone know where he is now? Is he still at Yale?
(#5)
Old
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,488 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Default 07-18-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshrafGhaljay View Post
Does anyone know where he is now? Is he still at Yale?
No he was kicked out because he would not say bad about Mullah Omar and there was a huge campaign here to get him kicked out.
(#6)
Old
unknownprince

Default 07-18-2011, 11:10 PM

I read that Malalai Joya was really angry that he was there. Previously, he had addressed all the misinformation. There was also another official who in an ABC interview (I think) around 2000 explained why temporarily they were not allowing girls to go to school. He explained that it was due to the safety of the girls.

The great irony is that the Taliban have been wrongfully accused of being against women, when the fact of the matter is the sole reason the Taliban arose was due to the protection of women/girls from being sexually abused. This is amazing how pro-interventionists want to forget this FACT.

This man along with a few other officials put all this propaganda to rest. Omar Hotak also signed the funding of the medical education of at least 200 girls who today are now doctors.
(#7)
Old
PF senior

Default 07-28-2011, 02:24 AM

Interview with Charlie Rose and discussion with Professor Barnett Rubin of New York University who claims that the Taliban were not created by the ISI but definitely supported by them. He also says that the destruction of the Budha statues was more a cry for help because the World had ignored the catastrophy in the country.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/3199
(#8)
Old
بصير

Default 07-28-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushal View Post
Interview with Charlie Rose and discussion with Professor Barnett Rubin of New York University who claims that the Taliban were not created by the ISI but definitely supported by them. He also says that the destruction of the Budha statues was more a cry for help because the World had ignored the catastrophy in the country.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/3199
As much as I acknowledge the grass rooted reality of the Taliban I have to say the whole Buddha thing was a complete idiotic farce and untenable; if their goal was a cry for help it clearly failed since they ended exacerbating their already precarious image. I understand that that means of conveying a message is palatable to your average Pashtun in watan but the game of politics now doesnt quite work like that and it obviously wasn’t palatable to the international community they were trying to plead with…
(#9)
Old
PF senior

Default 07-28-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by بصير View Post
As much as I acknowledge the grass rooted reality of the Taliban I have to say the whole Buddha thing was a complete idiotic farce and untenable; if their goal was a cry for help it clearly failed since they ended exacerbating their already precarious image. I understand that that means of conveying a message is palatable to your average Pashtun in watan but the game of politics now doesnt quite work like that and it obviously wasn’t palatable to the international community they were trying to plead with…
This is the professors opinion. His opinion has merit if you think about how the World was ignoring Palistinians plight, so they resorted to hijacking planes to get the Worlds attention to the suffering of their people.
Have you heard of Leila Khaled, she was asked why she participated in the hijacking of a plane, she said I wanted the World to listen to my people.

But what do you know, you are the one that believes in Black Magic. So what do you think, did the Taliban destroy the Statues with substance that created an explosive reaction by lighting it up or did they somehow use black magic.

Last edited by khushal; 07-29-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Tags
budha, discuss, envoy, hashami, interviewpre911, osama, saeed, statues, taliban, women