Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Hujra - حجره
Reload this Page Which country offers a good life?
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF Moderator
torkham is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Angry
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Khan View Post
Ramadan in Dubai must be a nightmare, I mean in Dubai you drink alot of Water and in augest its going to be really hot.

and they drive like idiots just before iftar, if fact there are road sign warnings to prepare in advance rather than drive recklessly trying to get to restaurants/hotels for iftar - that is a big thing, iftar at restaurants or hotels, between Dhirams 60 -200 per person is normal!!!! for bufet iftar. (1 Dhirham = Afs13)

Going to my question, which country would you like to spend time in exile for quality of life?
(#12)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Gulbabo is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Amazed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 08:50 PM

a few more pros:

1. Public schooling is free for children. if you live in a decent neighborhood then you can be sure your children are attending very good schools. my younger sister went through middle and high school here so i know how minimal the cost of schooling is here from K-12. and yes public schools are not just limited to whites here. everyone can attend public school. unlike Dubai, where public school is only for emiratees. huh! can't believe it!

2. There is a lot of public assistance available for people without employment or with dissibility. I work and earn so i don't qualify for anything free, but for those who don't have the same opportunity as i do, there is free medical insurance, low income housing and even help with purchase of grocery available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gulbabo For This Useful Post:
faye (07-15-2011), Laila (07-14-2011), torkham (07-14-2011)
(#13)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Gulbabo is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Amazed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 08:55 PM

here are the cons:

1. This place is expensive. as much as it is in Dubai. Housing is expensive too. due to all the reasons i mentioned above, this place is where you pay for what you get. you get quality of life and best weather in the world and you have to pay for it.

2. medical insurance is a messed up system here in entire US, so california is no exception. you pay high premium with high dedutibles. hopefully Obama will solve this soon ahah.

3. Crime rates are higher than Dubai. so if you move here you have to make sure u live in a relatively higher standard neighborhood, otherwise it isn't very safe.

4. you will need to pay extra attention to your children's upbringing and make sure they grow up with Islamic and cultural values you wish for them to grow up with. but all of this can be achieved easily if the parents are attentive... i mean i have seen many bad apples living in Islamic countries too... so.

i can't think of anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gulbabo For This Useful Post:
faye (07-15-2011)
(#14)
Old
PF Moderator
torkham is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Angry
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aab-e-Hayat View Post
I would recommend Pakistan because,
-it is a muslim country and castle of islam
-Lot of natural beauty
-Every thing is at cheap price
-and because pakistan would be super power in 2050.
thanks. any place in particular? give some statistics, prices, etc

i remember it well, it was my families first port of exile from surobi. 10 years in pakistan long ago.

strong chance i won't be around in 2050.
(#15)
Old
PF senior
MostafaM is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 09:04 PM

I wouldn´t wanna live in the US even if someone would give me millions of dollars.

Working from 8 to 6, living in a really cultureless place where consumption of products is the new "culture" would make me sick.

It´s all about making money and spending it right afterwards in the US!
(#16)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,624 Times in 2,298 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 11:50 PM

TorKham mashra,

What do you think of the USA? I can picture you having a blast in the USA.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#17)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,624 Times in 2,298 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 07-14-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostafa1919 View Post
I wouldn´t wanna live in the US even if someone would give me millions of dollars.

Working from 8 to 6, living in a really cultureless place where consumption of products is the new "culture" would make me sick.

It´s all about making money and spending it right afterwards in the US!
That's not really true. Have you visited the USA? If yes, what part? One can't say the US is expensive, or the US is blah blah. The US is a huge country, and every situation varies from state to state. You have areas in states where you might think you are in Afghanistan, and you have states where you might think you are about to get shot since you are not white. Also, in general it varies, and it's insane to sum up such a massive nation with a sentence or too. If you are an educated human, insurance should never be a problem since the majority of corporations pay for it, and the list goes on.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#18)
Old
salam

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 07-15-2011, 12:11 AM

I would recommend Pukhtunkhwa because Allah has given us everything for example four seasons, oil,coal, gold, copper, marble, gas and many other minerals, water, electricity, man power, brain, all type of fruits, all type of crops, all type of vegetable, nice people, treasures of god, best business opportunities in many sectors.
These are the things that very few countries in the world have it. The only thing we don't have is good governance and good management, our rulers are corrupt and incompetent.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Yaggi (07-15-2011)
(#19)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Yaggi is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 07-15-2011, 12:25 AM

i love pakhtunkhwa may allah destroy dirty gamers
dirty army dirty agents dirty people so we can have
peace it is best place no place like home but dirty
game being play by dirty people for dollars so no peace
beautiful villages ruin beautiful peple homeless beautiful
people now force begging now we going out side to
dirty karachi dirty lahore dirty cities because no amal
no choice no peace in our areas we being used for dollars

WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEOS

videos exposing PAKISTANI ARMY CRIMES against PAKHTUN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

Click on each link to watch VIDEO 1 | VIDEO 2 | VIDEO 3 | VIDEO 4 | VIDEO 5 | Please share on facebook and twitter!
(#20)
Old
salam

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 07-15-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaggi View Post
i love pakhtunkhwa may allah destroy dirty gamers
dirty army dirty agents dirty people so we can have
peace it is best place no place like home but dirty
game being play by dirty people for dollars so no peace
beautiful villages ruin beautiful peple homeless beautiful
people now force begging now we going out side to
dirty karachi dirty lahore dirty cities because no amal
no choice no peace in our areas we being used for dollars
calm down calm down... sa de khwarrali di ? der garam ye. wor waray.

Tags
country, good, life, offers