Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page Request: Pashtun DNA tables
User Tag List

(#21)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
retro is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 07-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd123 View Post
Like I said, I great deal of modern Kurds are people that were assimilated by the Europeans, during the European migration to the region, 'white' Kurds can still be found in Kurdistan, some live in villages and towns (all white village and towns) others live in bigger towns and mixed with tanned Kurds.

Went slightly off-topic here, hope you guys don't mind.

P.S: retro, thanks for your input and the reply above applies to your post too.
Assyrians are a fairly homogeneous and thay have close ties to the Armenians and Greeks. As if you ask me, most Kurds aren't originally from the Northern fertile crescent but from further south. Many the European looking Kurds are likely Anatolian/Celtic remnants like this Kurdish singer Ceylan and Kurds are unusual people.

YouTube - ‪Ceylan Wera wera Kurdish‬‏
(#22)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
kurd123 is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Breezy
Default 07-13-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Assyrians are a fairly homogeneous and thay have close ties to the Armenians and Greeks. As if you ask me, most Kurds aren't originally from the Northern fertile crescent biut from further south. Many the European looking Kurds are likely Anatolian/Celtc remnants like this Kurdish singer Ceylan and Kurds are unusual people.

YouTube - ‪Ceylan Wera wera Kurdish‬‏
I don't understand, what do you mean 'Kurds are an unusual people'? Ceylan looks Anatolian, but not all European-looking Kurds look like her.

European migration to modern day Kurdistan began from the south Slavic people, and that is where most white Kurds come from. Anatolian are not necessarily European looking, native Anatolians are modern Turks and some Kurds.

Some example of Kurds....

The women on the left is what Anatolians look like.

There is research that was conducted during ottoman empire times in regards to Kurdish tribes that shows most Kurdish tribes had 'Nestorian' families with in them (Christians).
The Following User Says Thank You to kurd123 For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (12-04-2011)
(#23)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Niazi is on a distinguished road

Default 07-13-2011, 07:54 PM

@ Kurd 123
چوني كاكا به خير بين به پشتون فورم

look mate Pashtun aren't some sort of pure race. We have been heavily mixed with all sort ,what defer Pashtun from none Pashtuns are the way we live otherwise we all r human race kaka jan .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(#24)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 07-13-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niazi View Post
@ Kurd 123
چوني كاكا به خير بين به پشتون فورم

look mate Pashtun aren't some sort of pure race. We have been heavily mixed with all sort ,what defer Pashtun from none Pashtuns are the way we live otherwise we all r human race kaka jan .
Off course, that is the case all over the middle east, no body is pure... and 'white' Kurds are just a minority... 20-30%.

However it's interesting to see what the DNA break down of it is, not becuase I'm racist, but rather becuase it's interesting to know and compare to other ethnic groups that are supposed to be close.
(#25)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 07-14-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
There is research that was conducted during ottoman empire times in regards to Kurdish tribes that shows most Kurdish tribes had 'Nestorian' families with in them (Christians).
During the Ottoman empire the north-east of Anatolia (Kurdistan) was largely populated by Kurds, Assyrians and Armenians. The Hemshin people in northern Anatolia are of Armenian extraction and I know that Anatolia has quite a lot of ghosts walking around.

Kurdish is a Indo-Iranic language. However Kurds certainly aren't Iranics in a ethnic sense and are most likely from Mesopotamia. However the Hurrians had a Indo-European elite and who knows maybe in part Kurds are descended from the Hurrians.

Haplogroup I is a indigenous European Haplogroup and distantly related to J. So it most likely reached Kurdistan from the Balkans at some point. Haplogroup J, G and R1b on the other hand have all been in Western Asia for a very long time. Haplogroup J2 is associated with the neolithic expansion of agriculture and R1b tracked J's expanison all the way into Eastern Africa via the levantine corridor.
(#26)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
During the Ottoman empire the north-east of Anatolia (Kurdistan) was largely populated by Kurds, Assyrians and Armenians. The Hemshin people in northern Anatolia are of Armenian extraction and I know that Anatolia has quite a lot of ghosts walking around.

Kurdish is a Indo-Iranic language. However Kurds certainly aren't Iranics in a ethnic sense and are most likely from Mesopotamia. However the Hurrians had a Indo-European elite and who knows maybe in part Kurds are descended from the Hurrians.

Haplogroup I is a indigenous European Haplogroup and distantly related to J. So it most likely reached Kurdistan from the Balkans at some point. Haplogroup J, G and R1b on the other hand have all been in Western Asia for a very long time. Haplogroup J2 is associated with the neolithic expansion of agriculture and R1b tracked J's expanison all the way into Eastern Africa via the levantine corridor.
The word Kurd is derived from the word Corduene.

Origins:
According to Arshak Safrastian, the Medes and Scythians mentioned in classical Greek literature existed only as preconceived notions. Equating the Carduchi with the Gutians, he adds that the moment the Ten Thousand began to skirt the lower slopes of the Hamrin Mountains, they were in contact with the tribes of Gutium which are presented here as Medes or Scythians.

Info:

19th-century scholars, such as George Rawlinson, identified Corduene and Carduchi with the modern Kurds, considering that
Carduchi was the ancient lexical equivalent of "Kurdistan".This view is supported by some recent academic sources which have considered Corduene as proto-Kurdishor as equivalent to modern-day Kurdistan.
(#27)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
AfghanResistance is on a distinguished road

Default DNA genetic testing - 07-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Do you think its worth paying a few hundred pounds to have a DNA test for genealogy purposes? Has anyone here conducted such tests? can anyone give their feed back. was the results detailed and does it clarify things in a genealogy sense?

I am thinking of having it done. we have not had any interracial marriages and are very strict in that sense. i cant obviously speak of my ancestors hundreds and thousand of years ago but nothing in the last two hundred years lol. Im from the major tribe of the yusufzai and from a noble sub tribe. my great grandfather had the title of malak and so is now my grandfather.

personally i think afghans i.e. pashtuns. northern iranians, kurdish, turkish are probably related to some extent. These groups look very much alike and alot of the time you cant tell who is who. only an assumption though.
(#28)
Old
Sanskrit

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 07-16-2011, 01:30 AM

^ pashtuns are more releated to northern indians and central asians, 80% of pashtun dna is a mix of north indian and central asian. The other 20% dna comes from the middle eastern groups like kurds, syrians, turkish etc...
(#29)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
AfghanResistance is on a distinguished road

Default northern indians - 07-16-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanskrit View Post
^ pashtuns are more releated to northern indians and central asians, 80% of pashtun dna is a mix of north indian and central asian. The other 20% dna comes from the middle eastern groups like kurds, syrians, turkish etc...
80% northern indians?? i dont think so pal. There has not been alot of dna tests conducted to come to that conclusion what soever. secondly the little tests that have been conducted are of little interest to us because the test have been conducted on the pathans of india, who are now very much mixed except very few. also futher few tests have been conducted on the khatak tribe. now we know that alot of khattaks marry into punjabies due to the their geographical location. plus some historians dont even believe the khattaks to be a pure stock of Afghans, they maybe some truth to this because many khattaks are dark skinned in comparison to other pukhtuns.
(#30)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 07-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
The word Kurd is derived from the word Corduene.

Origins:
According to Arshak Safrastian, the Medes and Scythians mentioned in classical Greek literature existed only as preconceived notions. Equating the Carduchi with the Gutians, he adds that the moment the Ten Thousand began to skirt the lower slopes of the Hamrin Mountains, they were in contact with the tribes of Gutium which are presented here as Medes or Scythians.

Info:

19th-century scholars, such as George Rawlinson, identified Corduene and Carduchi with the modern Kurds, considering that
Carduchi was the ancient lexical equivalent of "Kurdistan".This view is supported by some recent academic sources which have considered Corduene as proto-Kurdishor as equivalent to modern-day Kurdistan.
Apparently the Sumerian word for mountains is “kur”. However I don't know about the Corduene region, south of Van as it is quite far north. It's very possible that Kurds may have Hurrian origins and are originally from further south.

As whilst the Armenians are fairly closely related to Eastern Semitic, Assyrian peoples. The Armenians are fairly homogeneous and they have their own Indo-European branch.

In fact, I'd say that it's Kurds likely acquired their Indo-Iranic language from Persia. As whilst Indo-European has West Asian origins. Indo-Iranic almost certainly has Euroasiatic origins.

Whilst Assyria was a Eastern Semitic Akkadian kingdom, by no means where all of it's vassals Semitic. Urartian is closely related to Hurrian and both these peoples, had ancient ties to Indo-European and Caucasian peoples. As it's the Black Sea region where Photo-Indo-European first emerged.

Tags
dna, pashtun, request, tables