Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Breaking news: Intercontinental hotel in Kabul under attack.
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Digital Malang is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Breaking news: Intercontinental hotel in Kabul under attack. - 06-28-2011, 02:45 PM

happened a couple of minutes ago.....firefights going on....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Secret To Eternal Life: Live Life To The Fullest, And Help All Others To Do So. The Meaning of Life Is Choice. Increase choice through direct perception.
(#2)
Old
graveyardofempires

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 06-28-2011, 02:46 PM

where did you get that from
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM

I was just talking to someone in Kabul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Secret To Eternal Life: Live Life To The Fullest, And Help All Others To Do So. The Meaning of Life Is Choice. Increase choice through direct perception.
(#4)
Old
graveyardofempires

Default 06-28-2011, 02:49 PM

oh
i thought you saw it on news or something]
(#5)
Old
PF senior

Default 06-28-2011, 02:56 PM

I am not surprised. The security guards/police of Continental are so dumb, anyone can enter it with weapons and explosives.

(#6)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Janana is on a distinguished road

Default 06-28-2011, 03:11 PM

Allah protect the innocent
(#7)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,737 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default 06-28-2011, 03:38 PM

here it is
Top hotel in Kabul attacked by suicide bombers | Reuters
(#8)
Old
graveyardofempires

Default 06-28-2011, 03:41 PM

(Reuters) - Two suicide bombers attacked a major hotel frequented by Westerners in Afghanistan's capital of Kabul late Tuesday, a police source said, and a Reuters witness said gunfire was heard for several minutes after one blast.
Gunfire tapered off several minutes after the blast was heard, the Reuters witness said. The police source, who asked not to be identified, had initially said a gunfight was still going on.
The police source said a wedding party was underway when the attack happened in or near the Intercontinental Hotel, one of two major hotels in the western part of Kabul often frequented by foreigners.
There were no immediate reports of casualties. The hotel is built on a hillside in Kabul's west with heavy fortifications all round and is often used for conferences and by Western officials visiting the city.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said several fighters from the Islamist group had attacked the hotel, where Afghan and Western officials were supposedly holding security talks.
Mujahid, who spoke to Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location, said heavy casualties had been inflicted. The Taliban often exaggerate the number of casualties in attacks against Western and Afghan government targets.
Police threw up roadblocks immediately after the blast, stopping people from approaching the area, and power was cut in the hotel and surrounding areas, the Reuters witness said.
Violence has flared across Afghanistan since the Taliban announced the start of a spring offensive at the beginning of May, with attacks in areas across the country.
The increase in violence comes as NATO-led forces prepare to hand security responsibility to Afghans in seven areas from next month at the start of a gradual transition process that will end with all foreign troops leaving Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
Violence across Afghanistan in 2010 had already its worst levels since the Taliban were ousted by U.S.-backed Afghan forces in late 2001.
(#9)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,980 Posts
Default 06-28-2011, 11:39 PM

from 10 last night till now which is 8 in the morning. just saw some dead bodies being shifted away from the building.
this puts me under house arrest.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#10)
Old
PF senior
Nokia_Apridy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 1,470 Times in 958 Posts
Default 06-28-2011, 11:44 PM

ALLAH da PUKHTANU ta raham waki ao sok ya cha khaga ghwarey......

nor da KHUDAY da woor landay ke..........

Tags
attack, breaking, hotel, intercontinental, kabul, news