Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Religion - دين
Reload this Page Witr prayer
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Muslimah

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Witr prayer - 05-25-2010, 11:44 PM

Salaam walaikom,

Can someone PLEASE tell me/teach me how to perform Witr prayer. I have asked 5 people, and I had 4 different answers, and one person who refused to write the prayer out for me to memorize in fear of making a mistake.

I know it is 3 rakat but there is some extra dua thrown in there somewhere. When and what is it?

Thanks!
(#2)
Old
PF senior
MeemWawMeemNoon is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM

Islam will prevail, a promise made by the Creator of this universe:

[61:8] They desire to extinguish the light of Allah with the breath of their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, even if the disbelievers hate it.

[61:9] He it is Who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the Religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religions, even if those who associate partners with God hate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MeemWawMeemNoon For This Useful Post:
(#3)
Old
Iqra

Default 05-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Walaikum Asalaam

I hope this helps inshaAllah

http://alquraan.net/namaz/dua-e-qunoot.html

This has visual and audio ...for the dua.

And here is how you pray it >

http://www.namazzamani.net/english/witr.htm

basically on the third rakat after you recite surah Al fatiha and another surah, you say takbir once raising your hands and then bring them back to position and then recite the dua e qunut... and then finish like you regularly would...
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
(#4)
Old
Muslimah

Default 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM

and what does that mean in english?
manana
(#5)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-26-2010, 12:02 AM

I don't know what the "kullohoo" is doing there. Other than that i should be fine.
Memorize the prayer.

Vitr is 3 rakaats.

The only difference between Salatul Maghrib and Virt is the above prayer, dua Qunoot.

You recite dua qunoot in your third rakaat.

After you say sami'allahu liman hamida
you bring hand to your head just like when you say takbir
you bring your hands back together
you recite dua qunoot
and then your complete your prayer just like normal

[61:8] They desire to extinguish the light of Allah with the breath of their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, even if the disbelievers hate it.

[61:9] He it is Who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the Religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religions, even if those who associate partners with God hate it.

(#6)
Old
Iqra

Default 05-26-2010, 12:03 AM

This is what I found... I'll double check through my papers though.
(#7)
Old
Iqra

Default 05-26-2010, 12:04 AM

Translation: O Allah! We beg help from You alone; ask forgiveness from You alone, and turn towards You and praise You for all the good things and are grateful to You and are not ungrateful to You and we part and break off with all those who are disobedient to you. O Allah! You alone do we worship and pray exclusively to You and bow before You alone and we hasten eagerly towards You and we fear Your severe punishment and hope for Your Mercy as your severe punishment is surely to be meted out to the unbelievers.

If anyone knows which is better, I'll delete the not so better one.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
(#8)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-26-2010, 12:09 AM

It means:

O Allah! We beseech Your help and ask Your forgiveness and believe in You and trust in You and praise You in the best manner; we thank You and we are not ungrateful to You, and we cast off and forsake him who disobeys You. O Allah! You alone do we serve and to You alone do we pray and we prostrate ourselves; and we rush to You and present ourselves, and we hope for Your mercy and we fear You chastisement, for surely Your chastisement overtakes the disbelievers.

(#9)
Old
Mutakhasis

Default 05-26-2010, 01:56 AM

Muslimah, do you follow a specific mathhab?
(#10)
Old
AnGaaR

Default 05-26-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeemWawMeemNoon View Post

The only difference between Salatul Maghrib and Virt is the above prayer, dua Qunoot.

You recite dua qunoot in your third rakaat.

After you say sami'allahu liman hamida
you bring hand to your head just like when you say takbir
you bring your hands back together
you recite dua qunoot
and then your complete your prayer just like normal
Brother .. are u sure its after Rakoh (sami'allahu liman hamida) ?
I am sure Hanafis take their hands for takbir before going to rakoh..

Its like in third rakaa, after sura fateha (alhamdullilah) u recite a short sura like Qul ho wallah or Kawsar.. then u take ur hands to ear for takbir .. Allaho akbar and u start Dua qunut..

If you dont know or cant memorize dua qonut, its said tat u can recite Qul ho wallah 3 times after takbir.. means one time u r reciting it for ur 3rd rakat.. 2nd time after takbir u recite it 3 times

I hope i am correct

OH BTW i spent 10 yrs of my life in dubai and most of the imams i prayed with were hanbali or shafii.. they pray the way u said.. after rakoh they rise their hands and make dua...

Last edited by AnGaaR; 05-26-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Tags
prayer, witr