Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Development - سپما او پرمختګ
Reload this Page Major deal signed to allow direct flights between Afghanistan and Bahrain
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,623 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Major deal signed to allow direct flights between Afghanistan and Bahrain - 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Recently, Afghanistan and Bahrain signed an agreement that will promote civil aviation ties between the two countries. The deal will make possible direct flights between Bahrain and Afghanistan.
Bahrain’s Civil Aviation Affairs Undersecretary Abdulrahman Mohammed Al-Qaoud and Afghan Deputy Transportation and Civil Aviation Minister Sayed Mehdi Sayedi sealed the agreement. According to the Bahrain News Agency, under the deal, there will be eight passenger flights weekly, in addition to extra charter cargo flights.
“Afghanistan has seen some remarkable growth recently and the government is committed to facilitating and promoting the development of a dynamic, competitive private sector by closely working in partnership with local businesses to revitalize and expand the economy”, Samer Majali, the Chief Executive Officer of Gulf Air, Bahrain’s main airline, recently told Gulf News.
This deal will make travel much easier for Afghan passengers and will also help the Afghan economy because Afghan commodities can more easily be shipped to major markets, such as the ones in Europe.
Good Afghan News » Major deal signed to allow direct flights between Afghanistan and Bahrain

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
ComradePashtun (05-16-2011), Laila (05-16-2011), pir_Rokhan (05-16-2011), Toramana (05-17-2011)
(#2)
Old
ghundal

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 05-16-2011, 03:32 PM

Admin Khan or anyone,

How will these deals (all the deals that we see) benefit the Afghan people? How much of this "government" is corrupt. It is well known that the majority of the aid money has been siphoned out of Afghanistan.

How will this benefit the majority of Afghan people when there is so much corruption present at the top levels?
(#3)
Old
PF senior
ComradePashtun is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM

You are really messed up ghundala. How exactly is facilitation of direct flights between Afghanistan and Bahrain a matter of corruption? Isn't this in the benifit of the people to travel more conveniently between the two countries as having to fly directly rather than a diversion in between in Dubai or somewhere else?

You are a joker.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComradePashtun For This Useful Post:
BLS_1919v2.0 (05-16-2011)
(#4)
Old
PF senior
BLS_1919v2.0 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,033 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM

This is a good thing, considering that people who go to bahrain for trade, business, and labour jobs can have better access back and forth.
The Following User Says Thank You to BLS_1919v2.0 For This Useful Post:
ComradePashtun (05-16-2011)
(#5)
Old
ghundal

Default 05-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradePashtun View Post
You are really messed up ghundala. How exactly is facilitation of direct flights between Afghanistan and Bahrain a matter of corruption? Isn't this in the benifit of the people to travel more conveniently between the two countries as having to fly directly rather than a diversion in between in Dubai or somewhere else?

You are a joker.
I am talking about these articles Admin Khan posts up, not just this news. I am talking about these contracts, and agreements. Like the Pepsi bottling plant one.

If there are high levels of corruption, how will people benefit?
(#6)
Old
ghundal

Default 05-16-2011, 04:03 PM

for example, this
http://www.pashtunforums.com/develop...rojects-17087/

who benefits from all this aid money from India and Japan? There is a lot of fraud going on to an extreme extent. Japan is obviously honest in its dealings, but their Afghan and American counterparts are not,and are funneling the money into their own pockets.
(#7)
Old
PF senior
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,887 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Default 05-16-2011, 06:50 PM

the fact is that its easier to travel to afghanistan now than in any time in its history.

There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
(#8)
Old
PF senior
Laila is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,245 Times in 950 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 05-16-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghundal View Post
I am talking about these articles Admin Khan posts up, not just this news. I am talking about these contracts, and agreements. Like the Pepsi bottling plant one.

It is something called 'Development.'

The Following User Says Thank You to Laila For This Useful Post:
ComradePashtun (05-17-2011)
(#9)
Old
PF senior
ComradePashtun is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 05-17-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghundal View Post

Do you what it means when we say 'time and place'? WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT DUDE, ARE YOU JUST RANDOMLY TALKING TO YOURSELF?
(#10)
Old
PF senior
BarakzaiAbdali is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,488 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Default 05-17-2011, 02:32 PM

Oh phenomenal news for the soft handed, corrupt, expatriots who fled Afghanistan instead of doing their duty by their people and leading the war, who failed in the West, and are now a part of the great sultanate of incompetents ever seen!

Now, instead of going round about to the Arab countries to siphon off US Aid and deposit it in the Arab states, they can take direct flights. It will be much easier to check bags of cash on a direct flight I assume!

From the Speigel:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/...704665,00.html

"A number of Afghan businesspeople have purchased expensive villas in Dubai, once only attractive as a golfer's paradise. These include a brother and a cousin of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, one of Karzai's former vice presidents and the brother of Mohammad Qasim Fahim, one of the country's two current vice presidents. Asking prices for the stylish, Roman-style houses built along the beaches of the man-made island Palm Jumeirah, for example, start at $2 million. Until just a few years ago, many of their current inhabitants were far from wealthy.

As the Washington Post has discovered, these properties are often only registered under the names of the individuals issuing the loans, such as Sherkhan Farnood, the founder and chairman of Kabul Bank, Afghanistan's largest private bank, who was also a key supporter of President Karzai during his 2009 re-election campaign. Like many of his clients, Farnood now spends the majority of his time in Dubai. And among the 16 shareholders in his bank are Mahmoud Karzai, the president's business-minded older brother, and Haseen Fahim, the brother of Afghan Vice President Mohammad Qasim Fahim."

Oh, and I am sure that this will be a great chance for those poor farmers from Marjah to join these state officials on trips to Bahrain. I mean, between watching the Afghan version of Saved by the Bell, and burning trash to survive... I am sure that the general populace will greatly benefit from these awesome direct flights to and from Bahrain.

Its great to know that when kabul puts its mind to it... it can hang with the Zardaris in terms of hitherto before unseen levels of Corruption.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarakzaiAbdali For This Useful Post:
faye (05-17-2011)

Tags
afghanistan, bahrain, deal, direct, flights, major, signed