Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Pakistan's Reply to the Cartoons
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistan's Reply to the Cartoons - 05-20-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Updated at: 1200 PST, Thursday, May 20, 2010
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has blocked the popular video sharing website YouTube in a bid to contain blasphemous material, officials said on Thursday.

The blockade came hours after the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) directed Internet service providers to stop access to social network Facebook indefinitely on Wednesday because of an online competition to draw the Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him) in gross violation of fundamental human rights pertaining to one’s religion.

Wahaj-us-Siraj, the CEO of Nayatel, an Internet service provider, said PTA issued an order late on Wednesday seeking an "immediate" blockade of YouTube.

"It was a serious instruction as they wanted us to do it quickly and let them know after that," he said while talking to a UK-based news agency.

YouTube was also blocked in the Muslim country in 2007 for about a year for what it called un-Islamic videos.

A PTA official, who declined to be identified, said the action was taken after the authority determined that some sacrilegious caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad were transferred from Facebook to YouTube.

Representation of any prophet is deemed un-Islamic and blasphemous in Islam, let alone the caricature or cartoon of these divine personages.

Siraj said the blocking of the two websites would cut up to 25 percent of total Internet traffic in Pakistan.

"It'll have an impact on the overall Internet traffic as they eat up 20 to 25 percent of the country's total 65 giga-bytes traffic," he said.

Publications of similar cartoons in Danish newspapers in 2005 sparked deadly protests in Muslim countries. Around 50 people were killed during violent protests in Muslim countries in 2006 over the cartoons, five of them in Pakistan.

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for a suicide attack on Denmark's embassy in Islamabad in 2008, killing six people, saying it was in revenge for publication of the caricatures.

Youtube, Wikipedia and Facebook are all down.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
(#2)
Old
MazloomyarMaseed

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 05-20-2010, 04:44 AM

You and I know, very well, that they are just doing it to block political voices against Pakistan. If they even cared about Islam, then why do they bomb Mosques. Its a matter of common sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Sarbaz Khan (05-20-2010)
(#3)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Zakiah is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 05-20-2010, 04:51 AM

I am scared to log into facebook today. I wont.

By blood, we are immersed in love of you.
The youth lose their heads for your sake.
I come to you and my heart finds rest.
Away from you, grief clings to my heart like a snake.
I forget the throne of Delhi
when I remember the mountain tops of my Afghan land.
If I must choose between the world and you,
I shall not hesitate to claim your barren deserts as my own.
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Michin Khel is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM

Well done pakistan for taking care of the sentiments of the muslims....other governaments of muslim countries are in deep coma.
We should not bring anti-pakistani feelings in this matter, we should support and appreciate this step of pakistan.
(#5)
Old
MazloomyarMaseed

Default 05-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Well done pakistan for taking care of the sentiments of the muslims....other governaments of muslim countries are in deep coma.
We should not bring anti-pakistani feelings in this matter, we should support and appreciate this step of pakistan.
Pakistan banning something must have some political motive.

Why cant we bring Anti-Pakistani feeling? if Pakistan loved Islam so much then why did they make over 2 million muslims in Swat into Idps and made to live in tents above sewage pipes in Islamabad.

Its all Politically Motivated, Pakistan has been given a good excuse to silence those who oppose its brutal force.
(#6)
Old
PF senior
Michin Khel is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 05-20-2010, 09:45 AM

^We should be relevant.
If pakistan do some thing bad i will condemn it, if pakistan do some thing good i will appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michin Khel For This Useful Post:
Son of Mountains (05-20-2010)
(#7)
Old
MazloomyarMaseed

Default 05-20-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
^We should be relevant.
If pakistan do some thing bad i will condemn it, if pakistan do some thing good i will appreciate it.
doesnt the bad outweigh the good?
(#8)
Old
Max

Default 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM

that's awesome I find it ironic that you guys are ragging on Pakistan even when it does something good, I'm proud of my country atleast we haven't foresaken our religion yet
(#9)
Old
Max

Default 05-20-2010, 11:22 AM

Also the group " Against Draw Muhammad PBUH day" has more members than the original one and most of them are Pakistanis
(#10)
Old
PF contributor
Son of Mountains is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM

If pakistan does anythng good, even negative minded people (muslim?) search negativity from that. Pakistan is a Muslim country, it must protest hardly. No Muslim can bear comments/cartoons against Muhamad PBUH. I dont know about these negatives, but i can kill those cartoonists. I pay thanx to PTA to ban facebook and youtube.

Barking Dogs Seldom Bite...!

LONG LIVE UNITED PAKISTAN

(Balochi + Sindi + Punjabi + Pashtoon + Chitrali + Kashmiri = My Sweet Pakistan)

Jeeway Jeeway Pakistan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Mountains For This Useful Post:
Michin Khel (05-20-2010)

Tags
cartoons, pakistan, reply