Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Entertainment - ساعت تيري > Pashto Songs - پښتو سندرې
Reload this Page ~Pashtu Lyrics/Translation/Song Request~
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Agnes

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default ~Pashtu Lyrics/Translation/Song Request~ - 09-03-2010, 08:31 PM

Hello everyone. My Afghani boyfriend loves this song and I asked him to translate it for me but he said it is too hard for him to do so because his English isn't very good. This song sounds very pretty but I wish I knew what he was singing. Thank you in advance for your help.

YouTube - Sta da stargo bala wakhlam - Farhad Darya
(#2)
Old
PF senior
شمله ور خراساني is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,162 Times in 807 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 09-03-2010, 08:33 PM

it means: may I take the demons of your eyes.
(#3)
Old
PF senior
شمله ور خراساني is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,162 Times in 807 Posts
Default 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PashtunQueen View Post
Sangar I think she wants the entire song translated.
I am not going to translate the whole song. Therefore I would have to listen to the song. Which is prohibited. And I cant do that.
(#4)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default 09-04-2010, 10:50 PM

It's a song which means nothing in English. There are no words or expressions in English that could translate to you what this song means.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#5)
Old
PF senior
Mayana is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Default 09-05-2010, 12:59 AM

Ok. I tried translating it. It has absolutely no meaning in English.
What he is singing about is that he wants to take away the 'demons' from his beloved's eyes. What that implies is that he wants to take away all the pain and fear from her because her eyes are red from crying. He wants to take all that upon himself because she is "the peace of his heart"; his inner peace depends on her well-being. If she is in pain or frightened, he can't be rest.
There is a theme of 'eyes' throughout the whole song, it's used as a metaphor for soul, heart, character, inner beauty etc. depending on the verse. It's a beautiful song that will lose all it's meaning when I try translating it

On a more interesting note, isn't it intriguing how a guy came here and claimed to be married to a Pashtun woman and everyone went nuts, and now this member tells us about her Pashtun boyfriend and nobody even cares? Audacity.

Daa zma lewanay Zrra gorah, daa sta lewanee Mina..
Za ba da Sahra warnakam da Iran pa Golestan,
Dalta za yao & yakta yam, halta zar zma pa Shaan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mayana For This Useful Post:
Gulalai (09-05-2010)
(#6)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default 09-05-2010, 01:07 AM

agnes you should ask him if he is with you because he is a hejra..he will be so impressed with you learning a little about his language.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#7)
Old
Roshina

Default 09-05-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayana View Post

On a more interesting note, isn't it intriguing how a guy came here and claimed to be married to a Pashtun woman and everyone went nuts, and now this member tells us about her Pashtun boyfriend and nobody even cares? Audacity.
I'm glad you observed the same thing! Wife and boyfriend. And then these same folks come and tell us that Pukhtuns/Afghans don't have "boyfriends" -- sure they do; they're just not allowed to, we're told.

Yeah, apparently, a Pukhtun MAN can marry a non-Pukhtun woman, but a Pukhtun WOMAN can't marry a non-Pukhtun man :| And it's not just that she can't marry someone outside her ethnicity: she can't marry anyone outsider her religion, either, although the guy can.

Double-standard much? Oh, hell yes. I also consider it hypocrisy, but that's another debate for another time.
(#8)
Old
PF senior
Mayana is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Default 09-05-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I understand its not fair or what ever you call it but Qrratugai the minute a Pashtana marrys a non-Pashtun there goes the Pashtunwali and the claim over being a Pashtun.

If a Hazara marrys a Pashtana the children are not Pashtun.
Yeah, because a Pashtun's children with a Chinese woman that don't even understand or know how to spell 'Pashto' are hella Pashtun, right.
A Hazara is more Afghan than any of those Monafeqs that lock their sisters in their house and marry/date Polish and Mexican women ever will be.

I hate this double-standard.

If this truly were about Ghairat all these hypocritical men wouldn't be considering non-Pashtuns/ non-Afghans as their wives either. Why is it that some of our men worship women from different nations and treat us like subhumans?

Daa zma lewanay Zrra gorah, daa sta lewanee Mina..
Za ba da Sahra warnakam da Iran pa Golestan,
Dalta za yao & yakta yam, halta zar zma pa Shaan

Last edited by Mayana; 09-05-2010 at 05:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mayana For This Useful Post:
Laila (09-05-2010)
(#9)
Old
Roshina

Default 09-05-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I understand its not fair or what ever you call it but Qrratugai the minute a Pashtana marrys a non-Pashtun there goes the Pashtunwali and the claim over being a Pashtun.

If a Hazara marrys a Pashtana the children are not Pashtun
Yeah, I'm aware that this is the typical opinion. But if you think about, it's untrue and doesn't make sense at all: who decides they're not Pukhtun just because their mother is not Pukhtun? And, um, actually, the children still have half Pukhtun blood and half Hazara blood, do they not? It's the exact same case when a man marries a non-Pukhtun woman: The children are half Pukhtun and half something else.

The thing is, we expect our women to marry within our culture, but what if the other side, the other culture that our men marry into, want the same for their women? Why this double standard? You know what I mean?

I call it unfair, but I don't think there's yet any word that really expresses my opinion about this -- which is that it's more than unfair.
(#10)
Old
Roshina

Default 09-05-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayana View Post
Yeah, because a Pashtun's children with a Chinese woman that don't even understand know how to spell 'Pashto' are hella Pashtun, right.
A Hazara is more Afghan than any of those Monafeqs that lock their sisters in their house and marry Polish and Mexican women ever will be.

I hate this double-standard.

If this truly were about Ghairat all these hypocritical men wouldn't be considering non-Pashtuns/ non-Afghans as their wives either. Why is it that some of our men worship women from different nations and treat us like subhumans?
Exactly my thoughts, girl.

Tags
bala, english, famous, lyrics, needed, pashto, pashtu, request, requests, sediq, shabab, song, songs, sta, stergo, thread, translating, translation, wakhlam