Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Pakistan
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
roadrunner

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Pakistan - 03-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Again, kids please restrict yourselves to your sandpits. You know who you are. I'm looking for proper discussions.

I've noticed some people (the same ones) retorting with Pakistan is the problem. So tell me what it is that Pakistan does that is the problem.

The Durrand Line has its own thread, and isn't a practical problem at all. What else? Post away.
(#2)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,619 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 03-21-2011, 09:52 PM

Pakistan's foreign policy towards Afghanistan. Let's start with strategic depth and Taliban.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
Espresso (03-23-2011)
(#3)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Pakistan's foreign policy towards Afghanistan.
Admin Khan it would be better to elaborate on that in context of not just Pakistan's foreign policy towards Afghanistan but also vice versa.

what is your perception of both over the years ? as to what have been the foreign policies of Pakistan and Afghanistan towards each other

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#4)
Old
roadrunner

Default 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM

What about its foreign policy?

Something specific to chew on, if possible.
(#5)
Old
Administrator

Default 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Let's start with strategic depth and Taliban.

By the way, as you might know I am not "Anti-Pakistani citizens". I personally love the inhabitants of Pakistan, and many of my friends are Pakistani. Just so we are clear, we are speaking of GOP's policy vis-a-vis Afghanistan, etc. It's absolutely ignorant to generalize and speak bad of it's 170million people. So, I just though't I'd throw that out first.

RoadRunner,
Since you are fluent with defence related topics, how about you elaborate on Strategic depth, and Pakistan's support of the Taliban.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
faye (03-22-2011)
(#6)
Old
Administrator

Default 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal View Post
Admin Khan it would be better to elaborate on that in context of not just Pakistan's foreign policy towards Afghanistan but also vice versa.

what is your perception of both over the years ? as to what have been the foreign policies of Pakistan and Afghanistan towards each other
Self-destructive. Both Afghanistan and Pakistan are horrible when it comes to foreign affairs. What Pakistan did to the Afghan people was unacceptable, and it still is unacceptable. What Pakistani inhabitants did was amazing, I am still shocked at how our brothers embraced millions of us. And I made the aforementioned very clear at the PF meeting we had. However, I will not tolerate the Pakistani government taking pride for what it's citizens did. It's our own people that embraced us, not Pakistan. And it's obvious and I am sure most Afghans know that Afghans who actually came to Pakistan worked hard for their money. Which is exactly why some don't even want to leave to Afghanistan since they now own businesses, and they have in reverse hired local Pakistanis. I once read this Urdu article in Wahdat daily[Karachi]on how beneficial Afghan refugees are to Karachi's economy. I mean, any Afghan can verify that they continuously send foreign currency to Karachi, and you will obviously know that the money adds up.

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#7)
Old
Administrator

Default 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM

Talal and Roadrunner,

What do you think of the Taliban?

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#8)
Old
PF senior
Toramana is on a distinguished road

Thanked 3,356 Times in 2,326 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM

US foreign secretary Mandeline Albright during Clinton era called Pakistan international maigrine. One cannot but agree with her assertion. This canceride state is a problem for every other country in the region and the broader world except perhaps China. It is also a problem for nations inside its border except Punjab.
(#9)
Old
roadrunner

Default 03-21-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Let's start with strategic depth and Taliban.

By the way, as you might know I am not "Anti-Pakistani citizens". I personally love the inhabitants of Pakistan, and many of my friends are Pakistani. Just so we are clear, we are speaking of GOP's policy vis-a-vis Afghanistan, etc. It's absolutely ignorant to generalize and speak bad of it's 170million people. So, I just though't I'd throw that out first.
I think there's many on here that don't realize this distinction. Pay attention to this, those that don't.

Quote:
RoadRunner,
Since you are fluent with defence related topics, how about you elaborate on Strategic depth, and Pakistan's support of the Taliban.
I think what you're saying here is that Pakistan has used Afghanistan for strategic depth.

Let me ask you to consider this.

When the Soviets invaded, did Afghanistan not use Pakistan as strategic depth so that military/militant centres were still able to fund the resistance? Were you against the anti Soviet resistance? (open question btw, I sometimes wonder if it was a bad thing to do).
(#10)
Old
roadrunner

Default 03-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toramana View Post
US foreign secretary Mandeline Albright during Clinton era called Pakistan international maigrine. One cannot but agree with her assertion. This canceride state is a problem for every other country in the region and the broader world except perhaps China. It is also a problem for nations inside its border except Punjab.
Madeline Albright also said that the deaths of half a million Iraqi kids was acceptable.

Point out why you think Pakistan is so, instead of emotional outbursts. You seem to not know why you're angry.

Tags
pakistan