Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page French police corner Al-Qaeda suspect after shootings
User Tag List

(#71)
Old
Lion of PF
Manzareh is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,062 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 03-22-2012, 08:39 PM

^ how come you know so much about the devil?

----------

*PEACE IS SOMETHING I WOULD REALLY ADORE, BUT WE ARE AT WAR, SO PASS ME A SWORD & IF YOU KILL ME THERE WILL BE A MILLION MORE*
(#72)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 03-22-2012, 08:47 PM

here is a cookie. Stop asking questions.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#73)
Old
PF senior
Catya Sher is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Angelic
Default 03-23-2012, 01:01 PM

Eww !

Chocolate : the Devil's Favorite method to get to women and subver their wills to resist temptation !

It is the single most addictive food, likely.
Scientists will NEVER tell the world this, due to the huge market for
Chocolate since the 1700s or so.
Before that, Europeans were craving HEALTHY Spices, especially

cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, all of which are fantastically good healing helps
for almost any condition !

(#74)
Old
PF senior
Catya Sher is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Angelic
Default 03-23-2012, 01:09 PM

I was right.

The French now assert that this Algerian had no connection whatsoever with
that near-MYTHICAL organisation !

The French are, thank God, more honest than Americans, who would NEVER
back down EVER.
American officials will NEVER admit even a TINY MISTAKE !

Older civilizations which had high cultures in the past - [not now!] are
often WISER.
Certainly the ability to tell the TRUTH is a sign of a certain MATURITY
which the U.S., like a brash baby, lacks completely !

Apparently he didn't even really mean to target the Jewish school - so
as usual all the hysteria worldwide - about an everyday killing.
These happen constantly these days in the U.S. Few are hyped, though,
like this was.

I even thought it could have been an attempt to deflect attention perhaps from the American
massacre in Afghanistan which had happened not long before this rampage.

Here is the A.P. account in part:

"A senior official who is close to the investigation into Merah told The Associated Press there was no sign he had "trained or been in contact with organized groups or jihadists."

Merah had traveled to Afghanistan and Pakistan, and prosecutors said he had claimed contacts with al-Qaida and to have trained in the Pakistan militant stronghold of Waziristan...

The official said Merah might have made the claim because al-Qaida is a well-known "brand." The official said authorities have "absolutely no element allowing us to believe that he was commissioned by al-Qaida to carry out these attacks."

French President Nicolas Sarkozy's spy chief, meanwhile, said Friday that Merah had told negotiators that he only attacked the Jewish school after missing his original target — a French soldier.

Ange Mancini, Sarkozy's intelligence adviser, said on French TV that Merah said he had wanted to kill a soldier Monday in Toulouse but arrived too late and instead besieged a Jewish school nearby.

Mancini told France-24 TV that "it wasn't the school that he wanted to attack," calling the school shooting "opportunistic."

That account appears to contradict Merah's claim to negotiators that he went on his rampage to avenge the deaths of Palestinian children as well as to protest the French army's involvement in Afghanistan and a French law banning Islamic face veils.

Merah was questioned by French intelligence officers last November after his second trip to Afghanistan, and was cooperative and provided a USB key with tourist-like photos of his trip, the senior official said.

The official said when Merah was under surveillance last, he was not seen contacting any radicals and went to nightclubs, not mosques. People who knew him confirmed that he was at a nightclub in the last few weeks.

Merah told negotiators during the police standoff that he was able to buy an impressive arsenal of weapons thanks to years of being involved in petty theft, the official said.

The picture painted by the official and the chief of the DCRI intelligence agency was of a self-radicalized young man with signs of a split personality.

For years, intelligence services have worried most of all about lone-wolf terrorist who radicalize alone and operate below the radar. Merah told police during the standoff that he was trained "by a single person" when he was in Waziristan, Squarcini was quoted as saying in Le Monde."
The Following User Says Thank You to Catya Sher For This Useful Post:
Al Hanif (03-23-2012)

Tags
alqaeda, corner, french, police, shootings, suspect