Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Technology - ټكنالوجي
Reload this Page Find which websites are tracking you online
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Find which websites are tracking you online - 03-06-2012, 04:19 PM

1. You need to have Firefox browser, if you have it go install this add-on from here http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/collusion/

2. After the add-on has installed look at the bottom right of your window and you'll see a small red dot..that means you have the add-on

3. Leave the dot there and and goto your favorite websites

4. Once you have been at a couple click on the red dot something like this image [posted at the end] will pop up

5. Now you can see that there are circles lots of circles, hover the mouse over them..some of them will be the website you just visited..other circles (mostly empty ones) will be the websites that are spying on you through these websites

what i got after visiting three websites
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (6.2 KB, 5 views)

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talal For This Useful Post:
badmash_khel (03-06-2012), Elsii (05-17-2012), khushal (03-07-2012)
(#2)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,623 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 03-06-2012, 04:32 PM

Cool dude. Thanks for sharing.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Cool dude. Thanks for sharing.
funny thing was i browsed for a couple more minutes and then the website doubleclick.net thats spying here, i saw that it was passing info to ten others

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#4)
Old
PF VIP
Gulalai is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM

i dont see a red dot at the bottom of the window and i turned the add-on bar on
(#5)
Old
Lion of PF
Manzareh is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,064 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Default 03-06-2012, 09:16 PM

doubeclick.net has just been exposed

----------

*PEACE IS SOMETHING I WOULD REALLY ADORE, BUT WE ARE AT WAR, SO PASS ME A SWORD & IF YOU KILL ME THERE WILL BE A MILLION MORE*
(#6)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,796 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 03-07-2012, 02:44 AM

So Question to Talal since I see your tech savvy,

when you say they are spying, does that mean they know what Im writing like usernames and passwords or they just know what websites I visit. I noticed that I when visited this shoe website and I see ads for that shoe website everywhere including on pf. So Im assuming they recorded my ip address and are targeting thier ads to me because I showed interests in their shoes.
(#7)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushal View Post
So Question to Talal since I see your tech savvy,

when you say they are spying, does that mean they know what Im writing like usernames and passwords or they just know what websites I visit. I noticed that I when visited this shoe website and I see ads for that shoe website everywhere including on pf. So Im assuming they recorded my ip address and are targeting thier ads to me because I showed interests in their shoes.
Twitter has never deleted a single tweet, same with Facebook..all this info is sold to these advertising companies..regarding your question; it depends who is looking into your computer and depending on that it could be anything from what you searched(actually typed) to the page you visited..although i don't think main advertising companies go after people's usernames and password but its the other websites that these websites give info to. Like if all of you tried this add-on you will see that only doubleclick.net was looking at everybody' data..browse a couple more websites and you will see how double-click.net starts giving your data to ten other websites that really do look shady, infact if you go to their addresses there is nothing there

Put cookies in someones computer and you have the perfect key logger, a group of undergrad students last year developed a system to track people's actually location to within a meters difference by tracking them through the wifi they connect to, any wifi there wasn't a single GPS chip on board

The Following User Says Thank You to Talal For This Useful Post:
khushal (03-08-2012)
(#8)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gulalai View Post
i dont see a red dot at the bottom of the window and i turned the add-on bar on
it may not have installed properly, did you see a window with a install button at the bottom right it sorta has a counter. Try again i suppose

(#9)
Old
PF contributor
Breshna is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 03-31-2012, 11:40 PM

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/ghostery/

This add on...brings up a...whole long list.

List changes..with each...

page you go...to.

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument.
I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness.

Tags
find, online, tracking, websites