Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page US Officials Interrogate Imran Khan In Toronto
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default US Officials Interrogate Imran Khan In Toronto - 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM

http://www.ibtimes.com/us-officials-...toronto-855220

US Officials Interrogate Imran Khan In Toronto

BY Amrutha Gayathri | October 28 2012 3:48 AM

Pakistan’s cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan was briefly taken off a flight to New York Friday and questioned by U.S. immigration officials about his views on drones and Islamic jihad, prompting his party to demand an apology from Washington.

Morning Insight

Khan broke the news of interrogation on Twitter by the U.S. officials in Toronto, before being allowed into the country.
"I was taken off from plane and interrogated by U.S. Immigration in Canada on my views on drones. My stance is known. Drone attacks must stop," he wrote, adding that the delay caused him to miss his flight and a fund raising event in New York.

A U.S. State Department official confirmed the news to Reuters. "The issue was resolved and Mr. Khan is welcome in the United States," the official was quoted as saying.
Ali Zaidi, senior vice president of Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, has demanded an apology from the U.S. authorities for their two-hour questioning of Khan, Reuters reported.
Earlier this month, Khan had vowed that if he became the country’s elected leader next year, he would order the nation’s air forces to shoot down the drones if the U.S. government refused to cease the controversial program.
“[Drones are] totally counterproductive,” he told BBC. “The [idea] that it is only killing al Qaeda is a myth. The people will tell you that the vast majority of those killed are either innocent civilians or some sort of low-level militants.”
He also accused the current PPP government headed by President Asif Ali Zardari of secretly supporting the U.S. drone strikes.
“This [Zardari] government is completely complicit in it,” he had said.
Khan’s unrelenting opposition to the drone strikes had led to the Pakistani Taliban extending him support during his Oct. 7, address in the strife-torn South Waziristan, a tribal belt bordering Afghanistan.
Khan, who is vying for the presidential chair in the election next year has reached out to the volatile tribal regions — haphazardly controlled by Taliban and al Qaeda — in an attempt to garner wider support for his race.
(#2)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 10-29-2012, 09:52 AM

Imran Khan detained on way to US

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/world/2322...etained-way-us

Home » News » World
Sun, 28 Oct 2012News: World

Pakistani politician Imran Kahn, a vocal critic of US drone strikes, was briefly delayed and questioned by US immigration officials in Toronto before being allowed to board a flight to New York, prompting his party to demand an apology from Washington. Khan told his followers on Twitter that he was detained and interrogated on Friday (local time) about his views on drones.
A State Department official confirmed Khan had been briefly detained, but said the former Pakistani cricket star was later released to go the United States. "The issue was resolved and Mr. Khan is welcome in the United States," the official said.
Ali Zaidi, senior vice president of Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, demanded an apology from US authorities for their two-hour questioning of Khan and his traveling companions, as well as a thorough investigation.
The State Department gave no details about why Khan was detained. The US Customs and Border Protection agency said it was prohibited from discussing specific cases.
Khan, who led a protest march to northern Pakistan this month to protest US drone strikes, vowed to continue opposing the deadly attacks. "Nothing will change my stance," he said.
"I was taken off from plane and interrogated by US Immigration in Canada on my views on drones. My stance is known. Drone attacks must stop," Khan tweeted on Friday afternoon.
Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party said the politician arrived safely in New York on Friday, the first day of the Muslim Eid-al-Adha holiday, after the delay at the Toronto airport and went directly to a fundraising lunch.
Zaidi, of the party, said the incident violated ethical and diplomatic norms and the Pakistani government should complain to the US embassy in Islamabad.
Calling Khan "a celebrated national hero" and a "global icon of colossal stature," Zaidi wrote on the party's website that to "subject him to such clumsy and vicious treatment speaks volumes about the exasperation induced in the American ranks by his heroic and patriotic-minded opposition to the drone program."
In an email, the US Customs and Border Protection agency declined to comment on the case, but said travelers who wanted to enter the United States bore the burden of proof to establish that they were eligible for admission, and that included overcoming "ALL grounds of inadmissibility."
Pakistani authorities earlier this month stopped a protest led by Khan from entering the troubled region of South Waziristan, a tribal area frequently hit by drone strikes.
Khan blames the Pakistan government for allowing the United States to operate in the country, and has said he will order the Pakistani air force to shoot the unmanned planes down if he wins next year's elections in Pakistan.
Earlier this month, Khan led a march to northern Pakistan to protest the drone strikes, which have killed between 2,600 and 3,400 Pakistanis, according to the independent London-based Bureau of Investigative Journalism.
Some Pakistanis say Khan is fanning anti-American sentiment to bolster his political career and criticize him for refusing to condemn atrocities by the Taliban or Pakistani army.
Others praise him for reaching out to Pakistan's northern tribal areas and say he is standing up for a war-ravaged population ignored by mainstream politicians.
The United States says the strikes have killed top Taliban and al Qaeda commanders and that civilian casualties are minimal. But it has not said how targets are selected or how the military determines whether the dead were fighters or civilians.
(#3)
Old
PF senior
Khostai is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM

LOL wuhahaha
(#4)
Old
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Default 10-30-2012, 03:22 AM

1. In his speech just after the self-organized 9/11, Bush bin Iblis has declared war on the Muslims and Islam. This is a WW being fought in dimensions and methods unknown before.

2. At field level American functionaries have poor IQ and appaling general knowledge. The American society and cuture are also robotic and materialistic far from being humane. US Govt has pre-programmed for suspicion names like Mohammad, Abul, Khan, Hussain, etc. Also to be suspected are people with turban and beard. As such Indian actor Shaharukh Khan was harassed twice. Indian Prez Abul Kalam was similarly harassed. India's Chief UN Rep was humiliated because as a Sikh he was turbanned and wear a beard. A group of Sikhs were similarly killed when praying in an US gurdowara.

3. All these are caused due to the hype and charged atmosphere and fear created by the West's War on Terror, which is a cover for the war on Islam.
The Following User Says Thank You to asad71 For This Useful Post:
Manzareh (10-30-2012)

Tags
imran, interrogate, khan, officials, toronto