Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Students Oppose Re-naming University to Ustad Rabbani University
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21)
Old
khushal's Avatar
khushal khushal is online now
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,115
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,737 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
I don't know why Rabbani is seen as a destroyer of the Afghans and Afghanistan ?
Everyone is speaking against him but nobody explained how he was not good for the people of Afghanistan.
he was like your ali jinna except rabani did not suceed.
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
randolph85's Avatar
randolph85 randolph85 is online now
PF Moderator
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 7,095
Thanks: 854
Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushal View Post
What do you mean he was not the worst of the worst. He was the president and all respondisbility falls on him for what happened during his administration. At the time Afghanistan was the only country on earth where the President was at war, literally, with his prime minister. You think he is some sort of scholar for allowing that to happen.
His policies allowed Pakistan to destroy the country.

He was the biggest Khar in the whole of Afghanistan history, bigger than Najib, Karzai, Karmal, Amin, Tariki, Masood, Hekmatyar, etc.
rabbani became an aloof buffoon, not a crazy mass murderer. the title of president is only as good as the authority it demands. if rabbani was the ****miest leader in afghanistan, then what does that make father haqqani or other prominent jihadis who served in his administration? if mullah omar calls himself the commander of the faithful, by your reasoning that would not only make him responsible for what happens in afghanistan, but in the entire muslim world, no? if rabbani is **** because of what happened under his watch in afghanistan, then what does that make the amir ul momineen for what has happened in the muslim world since whenever he took that title?

i don't know how you can say he is worse than communists that murdered over a million afghans, that is ridiculous.


There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X

Last edited by randolph85; 10-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
randolph85's Avatar
randolph85 randolph85 is online now
PF Moderator
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 7,095
Thanks: 854
Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by بریدمل View Post
rabani was president of Afghanistan at the time of the fall of Afghan socialist government.

all the jehadi groups after capturing kabul formed a governement and UN was willing to facilitate a transitional governement.
rabani and his group had incorporated the parchamis into the government poition .Gulbudin hekmatyar the leader of hezbe Islami asked him to depose these parchamis.Parchamis had previously done a coup on their leader najibullah while joined masood and rababni.So now masood and rabani didnt want to depose the parchamis which led to oposition from hekmatyar and thus led to civil war,other reason was rababni didnt want to surrender the presidency chair or hold election and also subotaged the UN efforts.
that was in the 90's and the rest is history.
the thing is that this argument doesn't really hold up when you see that hekmatyar used general tanai and his khalqis to lead failed coup against najibullah.

both sides used defected to jamiat or hezb.


There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
khushal's Avatar
khushal khushal is online now
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,115
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,737 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
rabbani became an aloof buffoon, not a crazy mass murderer. the title of president is only as good as the authority it demands. if rabbani was the ****miest leader in afghanistan, then what does that make father haqqani or other prominent jihadis who served in his administration? if mullah omar calls himself the commander of the faithful, by your reasoning that would not only make him responsible for what happens in afghanistan, but in the entire muslim world, no? if rabbani is **** because of what happened under his watch in afghanistan, then what does that make the amir ul momineen for what has happened in the muslim world since whenever he took that title?

i don't know how you can say he is worse than communists that murdered over a million afghans, that is ridiculous.
But you failed to mention the president that was before him, Sibghatullah Mojaddedi, who gave up the presidency after his turn was up. Rabani refused to give up the presidency after he got the seat which forced hekmatyar to throw rockets at Kabul and limited Kabuls administration over the country. Rabani was the kind of khar that would rather be a president of a destroyed country, which is what happened because of his action to refuse to abide to what he agreed to, then be a citizen of a stable country, which was possible if he had done what he agreed to. The 92-96 war and the destruction of the country and paksitans stratigic influence that lead to the rise of the Taliban was completely his fault.

The reason I think he was worse than Najib was because Najib was a stooge of the soviets who had limited decision making. He on the other hand was no stooge of anyone except his own ego, and if he was that power hungary, which was realized(92-96), than he is as much responisible for the million afghan deaths as Najib and the Soviets because that means he was never fighting for justice, he was fighting for his own greed and power.
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
randolph85's Avatar
randolph85 randolph85 is online now
PF Moderator
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 7,095
Thanks: 854
Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushal View Post
But you failed to mention the president that was before him, Sibghatullah Mojaddedi, who gave up the presidency after his turn was up. Rabani refused to give up the presidency after he got the seat which forced hekmatyar to throw rockets at Kabul and limited Kabuls administration over the country. Rabani was the kind of khar that would rather be a president of a destroyed country, which is what happened because of his action to refuse to abide to what he agreed to, then be a citizen of a stable country, which was possible if he had done what he agreed to. The 92-96 war and the destruction of the country and paksitans stratigic influence that lead to the rise of the Taliban was completely his fault.

The reason I think he was worse than Najib was because Najib was a stooge of the soviets who had limited decision making. He on the other hand was no stooge of anyone except his own ego, and if he was that power hungary, which was realized(92-96), than he is as much responisible for the million afghan deaths as Najib and the Soviets because that means he was never fighting for justice, he was fighting for his own greed and power.

well there is no doubt that rabbani was an opportunist and his extention of power rubber stamped from a sham group made up of his own cronies was a crime. the thing is that you are acting like paki influence was only introduced because of rabbanis backtracking, when we know that this country and others had their claws in the country since the 70s. hell, it was paki backing in the first place that helped create the initial post commie afghan government. thinking that hekmatyar and criminal actions was some sort of victim of circumstances created by rabbani would be dishonest, as even the taliban considered hekmatyar a warlord and murderer and fought his hezb. and of course a jihadi leader would fight for power, rabbani/hekmatyar and other islamic figures fought in the late 70s and sacrificed their lives for 13 years fighting commies when most ran. you only fight when you think you have a solution to a problem, you don't win and then go away.

what i want to know from you is what you think about omar going by the title of amir ul momineen. this while you are judging rabbani for the failures of the afghan nation at the time of his appointed title when our grand invisible mullah took the helm of the muslims of the world.


There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X

Last edited by randolph85; 10-11-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#26)
Old
khushal's Avatar
khushal khushal is online now
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,115
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,737 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
well there is no doubt that rabbani was an opportunist and his extention of power rubber stamped from a sham group made up of his own cronies was a crime. the thing is that you are acting like paki influence was only introduced because of rabbanis backtracking, when we know that this country and others had their claws in the country since the 70s. hell, it was paki backing in the first place that helped create the initial post commie afghan government. thinking that hekmatyar and criminal actions was some sort of victim of circumstances created by rabbani would be dishonest, as even the taliban considered hekmatyar a warlord and murderer and fought his hezb. and of course a jihadi leader would fight for power, rabbani/hekmatyar and other islamic figures fought in the late 70s and sacrificed their lives for 13 years fighting commies when most ran. you only fight when you think you have a solution to a problem, you don't win and then go away.

what i want to know from you is what you think about omar going by the title of amir ul momineen. this while you are judging rabbani for the failures of the afghan nation at the time of his appointed title when our grand invisible mullah took the helm of the muslims of the world.
sure it was from the 70's but Rabani put the final nail in the coffin. Even after 2001, Afghanistan had a huge opportunity, he again was at the helm but because of his ego, he again robbed the afghan nation of any dignity and unity. The man was a symbol of disunity, the problems the afghan nation is facing today is because of what he did. He was more than a title, he should have followed in the footsteps of Mojadidi.

You have to look at his from a rational point of view. Think of it this way, When George Washtington stepped down after his turn as president(which was revolutionary at the time considering what was going on in the rest of the world) and John Adams took the presidency, what do you think would have happened if John Adams had refused to step down from power?

The title, the commander of the faithful was given to him to try to rebuild what was destroyed by rabani. To bring unity back to the country. clearly titles like the president or king was not working. I doubt it was intended for the faithful of all in the world but I think it was more for afghanistan, and he is more of a spiritual leader, intended for unity, than an actual commander.
To me the Taliban was a reaction to what Rabani caused. The Taliban could have been prevented if Rabani had done what John Adams did.
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
ډګروال's Avatar
ډګروال ډګروال is offline
PF senior
ډګروال is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,655
Thanks: 597
Thanked 615 Times in 494 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
the thing is that this argument doesn't really hold up when you see that hekmatyar used general tanai and his khalqis to lead failed coup against najibullah.

both sides used defected to jamiat or hezb.
actually your argument that "since he has done it they must have done it too" doesnt hold up.

hekmatyar used general tanaai? i hope you were joking because that is some of the most ignorant **** ive ever heard.

tanai did his coup because he didnt like najib which was from parcham faction,he only joined the "mujahideen" after he escaped and his coup failed.

how can you compare that to the coup by parchamis on parchami leader and than the parchamis sitting in rababni government?

hekmatyar didnt want them in the government neither did he want khalqis and he treated khalqis very badly ,putting them captive in underground holes with schorpions or using generals as soldiers.

be a little more intelectually honest because your bias is obvious.

where you in kabul when the COUPS happend and the civil war?



Last edited by ډګروال; 10-11-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
ډګروال's Avatar
ډګروال ډګروال is offline
PF senior
ډګروال is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,655
Thanks: 597
Thanked 615 Times in 494 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default 10-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushal View Post
sure it was from the 70's but Rabani put the final nail in the coffin. Even after 2001, Afghanistan had a huge opportunity, he again was at the helm but because of his ego, he again robbed the afghan nation of any dignity and unity. The man was a symbol of disunity, the problems the afghan nation is facing today is because of what he did. He was more than a title, he should have followed in the footsteps of Mojadidi.

You have to look at his from a rational point of view. Think of it this way, When George Washtington stepped down after his turn as president(which was revolutionary at the time considering what was going on in the rest of the world) and John Adams took the presidency, what do you think would have happened if John Adams had refused to step down from power?

The title, the commander of the faithful was given to him to try to rebuild what was destroyed by rabani. To bring unity back to the country. clearly titles like the president or king was not working. I doubt it was intended for the faithful of all in the world but I think it was more for afghanistan, and he is more of a spiritual leader, intended for unity, than an actual commander.
To me the Taliban was a reaction to what Rabani caused. The Taliban could have been prevented if Rabani had done what John Adams did.
wrora
this rababni and his gang by sacking kabul declared that the pashtuns rule is over.Rabani was one of the ethnofascists who caused the ethnic tensions.They wished to rule Afghanistan and contain pashtuns and pashto and limit them.

i have seen his thugs in my neighbourhood and ive seen hekmatyar's men and i can tell you hekmatyar's men were angels compared to them.

these guys actually banded together with dostum and his gilamjam and looted kabul,raped women(their own tajiks),killed people.
they had checkpints and they would rob people at these checkpoints.

i can tell you in details if it is needed.


Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
khushal's Avatar
khushal khushal is online now
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,115
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,737 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
the thing is that this argument doesn't really hold up when you see that hekmatyar used general tanai and his khalqis to lead failed coup against najibullah.

both sides used defected to jamiat or hezb.
I agree with bredmel on this one. you cant bring tanai into this because tanai was his own man. He didn agree with Najibs policy and wanted to eliminate him. Hekmatyar didnt pull any strings, he just welcomed him when Tanai escaped which was a sign telling other communist leaders to defect. What Rabani did was different.
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
khushal's Avatar
khushal khushal is online now
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,115
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 2,364 Times in 1,737 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by بریدمل View Post
wrora
this rababni and his gang by sacking kabul declared that the pashtuns rule is over.Rabani was one of the ethnofascists who caused the ethnic tensions.They wished to rule Afghanistan and contain pashtuns and pashto and limit them.

i have seen his thugs in my neighbourhood and ive seen hekmatyar's men and i can tell you hekmatyar's men were angels compared to them.

these guys actually banded together with dostum and his gilamjam and looted kabul,raped women(their own tajiks),killed people.
they had checkpints and they would rob people at these checkpoints.

i can tell you in details if it is needed.
I agree with you. I know what rabani did. The people on here think he was some kind of a ikhwani unity leader when in fact he was the exact opposite. In my opinion he was worse than Najib because you knew where Najib stood. Rabani was a complete hypocrit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oppose, rabbani, renaming, students, university, ustad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.