Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Literature - ليكنې > Creative writing and Research
Reload this Page Words for father and mother
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF newbie
Spanner is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Words for father and mother - 10-10-2012, 08:50 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any words for father and mother that children (teenagers) would use in Afghan Pashtun culture?

Also would a teenage boy hug his mother in the home? or sit with his sisters in the evenings if they were younger than him?

Probably really stupid questions but I am writing a book with an Afghan character and am trying to get the details right.

Spanner
(#2)
Old
PF senior
DaZahroJaam. is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Cold
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM

How about writing a book on a subject that you do know a thing or two about??
The Following User Says Thank You to DaZahroJaam. For This Useful Post:
Spanner (10-11-2012)
(#3)
Old
PF newbie

Default You sound like a tough crowd, what do you make of my first Paragraph - 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Muktar loved evenings; when his family came together to listen to Baba’s stories. His younger brothers and sisters languished, clustered on the thick colourful mattresses, as the breeze outside rustled past the small window, shaking the maize and infusing the small room with the scent of cooling earth. They watched Baba’s face as it creased in smiles; flames from the crackling fire dancing in his dark eyes, the stories flowing with the whisps of his cigarette smoke. Through him they saw the vast wheat fields that were there before the poppy and felt the freedom of peace and the fear of war. They learned of people far away, British, Russians, Greeks and Mongols. His deep gravel voice spoke of the land and of Allah, of what their people had fought for, and where they had come from. They learned as they listened from their tangled heap, eager to laugh and to cry, to understand and to wonder.

Last edited by Spanner; 10-10-2012 at 09:22 PM.
(#4)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,796 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 10-10-2012, 09:39 PM

Its good.

Whats the story about in a nutshell.
The Following User Says Thank You to khushal For This Useful Post:
Spanner (10-11-2012)
(#5)
Old
PF newbie

Default 10-11-2012, 02:17 AM

Thanks. Its about the trials and tribulations of an Afghan boy and a british soldier in Afghanistan.

Tags
father, mother, words