Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun Culture - د پښتنو دود
Reload this Page Moving targets: the female dancers of the Swat Valley
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
afghan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM

these young girls are forced into dancing business, some of them gets lucky turn to singing.
it does seem like ghazala javed ex-husband is just a scapegoat. no one turn their eyes towards the real killers. why no one asks akram khan durrani why his son killed himself after the death ghazala javed? even his son had warned his father akram khan durrani nothing must happen to ghazal javed, the woman he loved and wanted to marry her.
(#12)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,782 Times in 1,462 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 09-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
But a good man isn't in the picture where these women are concerned. You will only have ones that sell and others that buy. By force or by trickery. I don't understand a man wanting to live off the women in his life. It's the most unmanly thing he can do. It's something else if he's crippled in one way or another. These men who eat off their daughters, sisters, wives need to be killed like dogs and the same goes for men who provide the demand. There are other means of earning a living. Not every poor person resorts to selling themselves or the women in the family. And lets be honest, music is the last thing being pursued here.
either you have never been in poverty or you have forgotten. i recently saw a documentary about penniless afghans handing over their daughters for debts incurred to druglords, after their opium fields being forcibly eradicated, by the government and the westerners.
their own lives had been threatened and some children had been kidnapped by the druglords. these fathers were in terrible distress over this. one had turned to smoking opium.
apart from the war, the people of pakistan and afghanistan also suffer from severe droughts, floods and landslides, etc.
how is killing people like dogs, a solution to problems within society, including severe poverty?
why is it not ok for a woman to be the breadwinner, if that is the only means possible for people to survive?
some australian families i know, take turns, where the man is sometimes the outside worker and sometimes the homemaker, when that is the convenient option for availability of an income.

Last edited by faye; 09-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.
(#13)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
water is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Amazed
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 09-30-2012, 09:18 AM

I was talking about men who are prostituting their women and men who provide the demand for it. Most girls in this so called singing business are used as pawns in the hands of these men. Singing is the last thing they're interested in

The rest of what you said is irrelevant to the topic.
(#14)
Old
PF senior
DaZahroJaam. is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default 09-30-2012, 11:36 AM

a woman who chooses prostitution or anything of that nature over no life at all, has made her bargain. as they say, "justice serves those who serve themselves".
(#15)
Old
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM

so much for Pashtunwali ...I always knew that **** was fake as ****

Tags
dancers, female, moving, swat, targets, valley