Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Curbs on Iran female students take effect
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 09-22-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Why he is giving fatwas of stupidity and calling the whole nation as stupid. Is he not becoming a big fatwa factory mullah of secularists ?
i don't know dear. you will have to ask him.
(#12)
Old
PF senior
Toramana is on a distinguished road

Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,126 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default 09-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Iranian students in my opinion are the brightest in Central Asia. I can't think of any South Asian parrot-producing country that can compete with Iranian scientists. Even with all these sanctions, they are competing with Turkey in being the Islamic power of Education. Limiting female education is really something I did not accept from such a roshan-fikar country.
I agree with that Admin Khan. I have found Iranian students and academicians to be highly motivated and ambitious to excel in their fields. They are liberal, moderate, and very amicable people.

However, don't you think Indians are doing relatively better e.g., in space, nuclear, and missile technology, in software, in medicine, etc. although Pakistani education system seems to be messed up. Or would you ascribe to the huge population of India?
(#13)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-22-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Why he is giving fatwas of stupidity and calling the whole nation as stupid. Is he not becoming a big fatwa factory mullah of secularists ?
Those indoctrinated and beheld to dogma are stupid ---and by that definition, you are also stupid---Or should I drill it more into your Talib brain or shove it up your Mullah "abused" bottom?
The Following User Says Thank You to Toramana For This Useful Post:
Khostai (09-23-2012)
(#14)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,266 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 09-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toramana View Post
I agree with that Admin Khan. I have found Iranian students and academicians to be highly motivated and ambitious to excel in their fields. They are liberal, moderate, and very amicable people.

However, don't you think Indians are doing relatively better e.g., in space, nuclear, and missile technology, in software, in medicine, etc. although Pakistani education system seems to be messed up. Or would you ascribe to the huge population of India?
With respect to population, India is improving but it's not on the same level as Iran. I can walk miles in India and not find a single person who can spell his name, and we are talking in millions(doesn't India have more people than Africa combined?) the same can't be said for Iran. I agree that India produces more Engineers, Scientists, Doctors, but I'd pick a Sharif University grad over any Indian grad any time of the day. I hope I don't offend my Indian friends, but my experience with Indian grads, primarily from IIT-D, IIT-M- has been they are nothing but parrots who are excellent in memorizing every Java library, but terrible at innovating and implementation(obviously, there could be several exceptions). Iranian schools like Sharif University, Amir Kabir, IUST, now these are quality graduates that regularly feed prestigious top-notch American universities. My Iranian friends have told me 'useless memorization' is not stressed in Iran, it's critical thinking that is stressed.

Your mileage may vary; again, I apologize in advance if my sharp criticism has offended any Pakistani or Indian parrots.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
faye (09-22-2012)
(#15)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
With respect to population, India is improving but it's not on the same level as Iran. I can walk miles in India and not find a single person who can spell his name, and we are talking in millions(doesn't India have more people than Africa combined?) the same can't be said for Iran. I agree that India produces more Engineers, Scientists, Doctors, but I'd pick a Sharif University grad over any Indian grad any time of the day. I hope I don't offend my Indian friends, but my experience with Indian grads, primarily from IIT-D, IIT-M- has been they are nothing but parrots who are excellent in memorizing every Java library, but terrible at innovating and implementation(obviously, there could be several exceptions). Iranian schools like Sharif University, Amir Kabir, IUST, now these are quality graduates that regularly feed prestigious top-notch American universities. My Iranian friends have told me 'useless memorization' is not stressed in Iran, it's critical thinking that is stressed.

Your mileage may vary; again, I apologize in advance if my sharp criticism has offended any Pakistani or Indian parrots.
True and I am not expert on film industry but I have heard that the Iranian movies (though there is no vulgarity and such) are nominated for every Oscar award for their excellent direction and acting.
(#16)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-22-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toramana View Post
Those indoctrinated and beheld to dogma are stupid ---and by that definition, you are also stupid---Or should I drill it more into your Talib brain or shove it up your Mullah "abused" bottom?
The bill must have been passed by those highly educated guys of the Iranian parliament. Again, you are humiliating the whole Iranian nation by calling them stupid though they are living in a democratic system.
(#17)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:

Documentray on IIT in an American TV Channel CBS in the famous show "60 minutes" - YouTube
(#18)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 09-22-2012, 07:19 PM

unitary state, islamic republic=iran. how is that a democracy, friend?
(#19)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Well it is not that the Indian are sharp but their govt is doing a lot for them and then their lobbies in the sates is working for their nation day and night.
Also the American govt is giving especial attention to the Indians as they consider indians as their allies and strategic partners so this could be a part of their agreement to give room to indians in their IT and other industry.
(#20)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-22-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:

May be---But as I have noticed with many Indians and Chinese as well that when they are not able to get into the highly competitive IITs and Pecking university or Hong Kong university, they head to universities in the US easily. Many undergraduate find employment locally and enroll into local graduate programs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=EMmhfbM9JAs
Pranav Mistry is Another Genius Indian!! Amazing Stuff!! MUST Watch! Pranav Mistry on TEDTALKS! - YouTube

Tags
curbs, effect, female, iran, students