Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Technology - ټكنالوجي
Reload this Page Nokia Lumia 920
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Nokia Lumia 920 - 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM

I like this one time to get off the sheeple and samsuck bandwagons..WP8 looks like a really cool and original OS especially now that they have enabled multicore support, appwise they have most of all the major apps out there.

The pureview tech(even with the video gaffe its very very cool), wireless charging, a touchscreen that you can even use with gloves on,city lens they are all really neat things..And nokia music free streaming

Thoughts ?

Introducing the Nokia Lumia 920 - YouTube

Nokia Lumia 920 Overall Hands-On - YouTube

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#2)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,723 Times in 990 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Default 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM

Quick one - does this come ready with multilingual support or as with Android, does this tend to be regional (meaning you have to flash your phone or download poorly designed apps)? Spanish etc. is one thing, but Arabic is a major language and I find it frustrating when I cannot write messages, for example, in an Arabic-based script.

Other than that a couple of years ago, there was this status thing with phones (still is, I guess). Where does Nokia rank nowadays?

(#3)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default 09-12-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor_khan View Post
Quick one - does this come ready with multilingual support or as with Android, does this tend to be regional (meaning you have to flash your phone or download poorly designed apps)? Spanish etc. is one thing, but Arabic is a major language and I find it frustrating when I cannot write messages, for example, in an Arabic-based script.

Other than that a couple of years ago, there was this status thing with phones (still is, I guess). Where does Nokia rank nowadays?
About the language support, the WP8 OS isn't out yet but Nokia said they are targeting the middle eastern market so it will have arabic support not just in terms of the keyboard but apparently the whole OS, not 100% sure on that but these are pictures from the Nokia Blog

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/07/27/vi...ndows-phone-8/

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-arabic-...-half-of-2012/

The thing I Hate about iPhones is that they really haven't done anything their OS today is marginally better from what it was two years ago and still every year people flock to buy the next iteration just cuz it makes them feel cool ?

Android is a rip off of iOS so I'm not a fan

The upcoming WP8 OS coupled with this new Nokia seems like something fresh and innovative. Im looking forward to trying it

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#4)
Old
PF contributor
Breshna is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 09-16-2012, 12:22 AM

I like Nokia..phones.

I won't switch..to any other Name.

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument.
I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness.

Tags
920, lumia, nokia