Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Support > New Members - د نوی غړو پېژند
Reload this Page Salaam Alaykum!
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11)
Old
Kushan Prince's Avatar
Kushan Prince Kushan Prince is offline
PF senior
Kushan Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 3,916
Thanks: 582
Thanked 704 Times in 579 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Netherrealm
Default 09-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Welcome


"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

-Old Pashtun proverb




"My Pashtun Pride i will not hide!"
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Darweshkhel's Avatar
Darweshkhel Darweshkhel is offline
PF Moderator
Darweshkhel is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 563
Thanks: 237
Thanked 381 Times in 196 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Speenghar
Default 09-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Welcome to PF =)
If you are interested in Pashto, we have a whole subforum with tons of threads and books on Pashto language, grammar and history. If you need any assistance feel free to ask.
Check out some books on Pashtun tribes, there are plenty of them aswell. I'm sure you'll find something useful researching your background.
Back to your question, without knowing your tribe it is difficult to tell if you are Pashtun or not. There are non-Pashtuns living in Pashtun areas for centuries and they speak Pashto fluently, in some cases they adapt Pashtun customs and traditions. Still they are not Pashtuns by blood, they are called hamsaya. You have to find out your tribal identity by doing exactly what member Afghanistan2010 said.
However, Pashtun by blood or not, we say 'Pashtun is not someone who just speaks Pashtu but someone who does Pashtu'.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darweshkhel For This Useful Post:
ډګروال (09-13-2012), Pisho (09-14-2012), Tjanaparh (09-15-2012)
(#13)
Old
ډګروال's Avatar
ډګروال ډګروال is offline
PF senior
ډګروال is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,655
Thanks: 597
Thanked 619 Times in 494 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM

په خیر رالی
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
RevolutionThroughReason RevolutionThroughReason is offline
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,513
Thanks: 2,091
Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default 09-14-2012, 11:24 AM

Everyone this is that A.H. Khan douchebag with a bogus story so he can claim his Pashtunness.

Your dad if that's him in the picture looks more Bengali than Rabindanath Tagore.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RevolutionThroughReason For This Useful Post:
CrescentMoon (09-15-2012)
(#15)
Old
CrescentMoon CrescentMoon is offline
PF newbie
CrescentMoon is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
My Mood: Cold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Default 09-15-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
Everyone this is that A.H. Khan douchebag with a bogus story so he can claim his Pashtunness.

Your dad if that's him in the picture looks more Bengali than Rabindanath Tagore.
lol it actually is, that's an interesting opinion, I disagree but thanks for your feedback! you should get your glaucoma treated haha

I don't know who A.H. Khan is and idc

lol Bogus story? At this point I know you're a troll, I could care less with what you want to believe.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how different Pakistani's like you think Revolution. ( I know you're a Paki after reading older topics to get familiar with the forum)

You see, us higher class Sylheti's, see Paki's as Indians' who bent over for every invader, and as wannabe Arabs. Us Sylheti's, even after having foreign blood, from Turkic central Asians, Arabs, Persians, Pashtuns, still hold our identity with pride. Paki's try tooooo hard trying to act like others.

lol All Paki's like you are just rodent punjabi's to us, no different than bengoli's, considering you all look like Nusrah Fateh Ali Khan.

As for the Afghan people, I have nothing but respect for them, as they have for me through my experiences.

I didn't even say my story confirms Pashtun identity, it's clearly speculation
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
RevolutionThroughReason RevolutionThroughReason is offline
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,513
Thanks: 2,091
Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default 09-15-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoon View Post
lol it actually is, that's an interesting opinion, I disagree but thanks for your feedback! you should get your glaucoma treated haha

I don't know who A.H. Khan is and idc

lol Bogus story? At this point I know you're a troll, I could care less with what you want to believe.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how different Pakistani's like you think Revolution. ( I know you're a Paki after reading older topics to get familiar with the forum)

You see, us higher class Sylheti's, see Paki's as Indians' who bent over for every invader, and as wannabe Arabs. Us Sylheti's, even after having foreign blood, from Turkic central Asians, Arabs, Persians, Pashtuns, still hold our identity with pride. Paki's try tooooo hard trying to act like others.

lol All Paki's like you are just rodent punjabi's to us, no different than bengoli's, considering you all look like Nusrah Fateh Ali Khan.

As for the Afghan people, I have nothing but respect for them, as they have for me through my experiences.

I didn't even say my story confirms Pashtun identity, it's clearly speculation

No Pashtun looks like your father; your father looks like this Bangladeshi guy who was just murdered here in a Convenient store robbery; same face, same droopy eyes. Yeah you are Bengali to the core. Live with it.

Us Afghan Pashtuns see no difference between Punjabis and Bengalis. Not sure why you want to distinguish yourself. As Toramana would say you're call Indics.


Pakistanis and Bengalis to Pashtuns are the same people.
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Tjanaparh Tjanaparh is offline
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,199
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 945 Times in 694 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default 09-15-2012, 03:29 AM

Welcome to pf


Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
CrescentMoon CrescentMoon is offline
PF newbie
CrescentMoon is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
My Mood: Cold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Default 09-15-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
No Pashtun looks like your father; your father looks like this Bangladeshi guy who was just murdered here in a Convenient store robbery; same face, same droopy eyes. Yeah you are Bengali to the core. Live with it.

Us Afghan Pashtuns see no difference between Punjabis and Bengalis. Not sure why you want to distinguish yourself. As Toramana would say you're call Indics.


Pakistanis and Bengalis to Pashtuns are the same people.
lol, that picture is not my father, you're talking about the first one put up, that's me after an all nights study for an exam with strained, squinted eyes and a full beard
anyways, thanks man, I'm taking my leave here, you opened my mind.

Last edited by CrescentMoon; 09-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrescentMoon For This Useful Post:
(#19)
Old
RevolutionThroughReason RevolutionThroughReason is offline
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,513
Thanks: 2,091
Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default 09-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoon View Post
lol, that picture is not my father, you're talking about the first one put up, that's me after an all nights study for an exam with strained, squinted eyes and a full beard
anyways, thanks man, I'm taking my leave here, you opened my mind.
glad I could help; now could you please enlighten A.H. Khan and Asad71? Both of them are confused Bengalis too
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RevolutionThroughReason For This Useful Post:
CrescentMoon (09-15-2012)
(#20)
Old
CrescentMoon CrescentMoon is offline
PF newbie
CrescentMoon is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
My Mood: Cold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Default 09-15-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
glad I could help; now could you please enlighten A.H. Khan and Asad71? Both of them are confused Bengalis too
Certainly! I just read some of their comments and they're making it very unrealistic. I recall A.H. Khan claiming his father is a Pashtun, the thing is, Bengali's don't even know that word. In history, they are taught the Mughals were "Pathans", which isn't true either. They refer to Pashtun's as Afghans, so A.H. Khan seems to be a very bad liar as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alaykum, salaam

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.