Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Religion - دين
Reload this Page Jesus (peace be upon him) did not die for your sins !
User Tag List

(#61)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 09-08-2012, 05:13 PM

buddhism, christianity and islam all appear to say to look within. am i correct?
i haven't looked much at the bible as it annoyed me immediately, saying man is to have dominion over all the creatures, rather than a sharing of the earth with all other beings and nature itself.
thinking that humanity is a product of JUST adam and eve, also is odd, as it must mean humanity is a product of incest.
(#62)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Zirey is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Faye, your candor is refreshing as always. Looking within can mean different things. How do you understand that action?
The Bible in general and Jesus in particular do not encourage what one might call navel-gazing. Jesus taught that the things that defile a man come from within, from one's heart--hatred, wrong desires, etc. To really look within would be to see that one needs inner renewal. Happily, Jesus offers that very thing, spiritual rebirth, a new heart.
Another implication of Jesus' teaching was that eating certain foods does not make a person unclean. This was radical for the time, as you might imagine.

Mankind's 'dominion mandate' does not mean that people are allowed to abuse and mercilessly exploit the natural world. It means that people are responsible for the proper use of the earth, including how they treat their fellow creatures. Adam and Eve's work was to be good gardeners in Eden.

It does seem odd that Adam and Eve's immediate descendents had to intermarry at first. But 'consanguinity' was not a concern then as it is now. People were healthier in those days, some living extremely long lives. The natural revulsion we now feel at incest is a necessary protection against genetic abnormalities. It was not needed way back then. For better or worse, this common ancestry means all of us really are family.

If you are new to the Bible, probably the best place to start would be with one or more of the four Gospels in the New Testament--Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. If you find their writings credible and in particular their assertion that they witnessed a crucified Man rise from the dead, then everything else will fall into place.

اَؤ په کور کښى غُلام مُدام پاتى کيږى نه،خو زوى په کور کښى مُدام پاتى کيږى
(#63)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM

so the mass moronism of today, aftter all these religions have given humanity good information on how to live, could be blamed on all that inbreeding.

so why then has the christian societies been so ignorant and arrogant as to do so much destruction to this world?

what you are saying about a fear of looking within, because you are worried about finding boogie men in there, is because your religion tells you that you are inherently evil, doesn't it? if a child dies before it is christened, doesn't it go to limbo or somesuch place? why not heaven?
do nuns and priests, meditate and 'naval gaze'? contemplation? not part of christianiity?

zirey. i am absolutely not interested to research the bible. i have been 'naval gazing' for a long time now and i am very contented with what my inner and outer research has discovered through many different personal realisations, ideas from different philosophical works, religions and other sources.
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (09-10-2012)
(#64)
Old
PF Moderator
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,836 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default 09-09-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirey View Post
Another implication of Jesus' teaching was that eating certain foods does not make a person unclean. This was radical for the time, as you might imagine.
not so much radical as it is strange and makes no sense. jesus constantly contradicts the old testament but also says "the scripture cannot be broken" in reference to the old testament.

John 5:46,47: "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"

the christian god doesn't even follow his own laws, the hell?

There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
(#65)
Old
PF senior
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,149 Times in 980 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
not so much radical as it is strange and makes no sense. jesus constantly contradicts the old testament but also says "the scripture cannot be broken" in reference to the old testament.

John 5:46,47: "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"

the christian god doesn't even follow his own laws, the hell?

well as you and I both know, that's not Jesus speaking, that's the contradictory attitudes of the editors of the Bible.

Bart Ehrman has a couple excellent books on the topic, he studied in a Bible seminary and is a former Christian

The content in these books pretty much stops Christian proselytists like Zirey over here dead in their tracks
(#66)
Old
PF senior

Default 09-09-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
yeah but the problem with that approach is many have just made these claims undemonstrably. Demonstrations verify if their claims are factual.
what are these demonstarations? you haven't told me yet.
(#67)
Old
PF Moderator
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,836 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default 09-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
well as you and I both know, that's not Jesus speaking, that's the contradictory attitudes of the editors of the Bible.

Bart Ehrman has a couple excellent books on the topic, he studied in a Bible seminary and is a former Christian

The content in these books pretty much stops Christian proselytists like Zirey over here dead in their tracks

well of course but when dealing with christians we must talk about the contradictions of what they believe before revealing the truth that they may otherwise not have any interest in.

There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
(#68)
Old
PF senior
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,149 Times in 980 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
well of course but when dealing with christians we must talk about the contradictions of what they believe before revealing the truth that they may otherwise not have any interest in.

Honestly I am less concerned about trying to deconvert Christians as much as I am trying to expose their Propagandists as Assheads to the Muslim community at large so that unsuspecting Muslims won't be swayed with the fallaciousness of their rhetoric. Because there's no meritable reason for converting unless you believe that you're somehow "born sinful" and need to be "redeemed" or whatever
(#69)
Old
PF contributor
Breshna is on a distinguished road

Default 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey

• Vatican 'wants to see' 1,500-year-old ancient script
  • Has been hidden by Turkish state for 12 years
  • Handwritten in gold-lettered Aramaic

A secret Bible in which Jesus is believed to predict the coming of the Prophet Muhammad to Earth has sparked serious interest from the Vatican.
Pope Benedict XVI is claimed to want to see the 1,500-year-old book, which many say is the Gospel of Barnabas, that has been hidden by the Turkish state for the last 12 years.
The £14million handwritten gold lettered tome, penned in Jesus' native Aramaic language, is said to contain his early teachings and a prediction of the Prophet's coming.

Secret Bible: The 1,500-year-old tome was is said to contain Jesus' early teachings and his prediction of the Prophet's coming

Ancient: The leather-bound text, written on animal hide, was discovered by Turkish police during an anti-smuggling operation in 2000

The leather-bound text, written on animal hide, was discovered by Turkish police during an anti-smuggling operation in 2000.
It was closely guarded until 2010, when it was finally handed over to the Ankara Ethnography Museum, and will soon be put back on public display following a minor restoration.
A photocopy of a single page from the handwritten ancient manuscript is thought to be worth £1.5million.

Turkish culture and tourism minister Ertugrul Gunay said the book could be an authentic version of the Gospel, which was suppressed by the Christian Church for its strong parallels with the Islamic view of Jesus.
He also said the Vatican had made an official request to see the scripture - a controversial text which Muslims claim is an addition to the original gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke and John.
In line with Islamic belief, the Gospel treats Jesus as a human being and not a God.

Serious interest: The Vatican, under Pope Benedict XVI, is said to want to see the recently re-discovered Bible

Historic: The £14million handwritten gold lettered tome is penned in Jesus' native Aramaic language

It rejects the ideas of the Holy Trinity and the Crucifixion and reveals that Jesus predicted the coming of the Prophet Muhammad.
In one version of the gospel, he is said to have told a priest: 'How shall the Messiah be called? Muhammad is his blessed name'.
WHO WAS ST BARNABAS?

Born in Cyprus as Joseph, Barnabas was an Early Christian later named an apostle.

His story appears in the Acts of the Apostles, and Paul mentions him in some of his epistles.

The date, place, and circumstances of his death are historically unverifiable.
But Christian tradition states that he was martyred at Salamis, Cyprus.

He is traditionally identified as the founder of the Cypriot Church, with his feast day on June 11.

And in another Jesus denied being the Messiah, claiming that he or she would be Ishmaelite, the term used for an Arab.
Despite the interest in the newly re-discovered book, some believe it is a fake and only dates back to the 16th century.
The oldest copies of the book date back to that time, and are written in Spanish and Italian.
Protestant pastor İhsan ÷zbek said it was unlikely to be authentic.
This is because St Barnabas lived in the first century and was one of the Apostles of Jesus, in contrast to this version which is said to come from the fifth or sixth century.

He told the Today Zaman newspaper: 'The copy in Ankara might have been written by one of the followers of St Barnabas.
'Since there is around 500 years in between St Barnabas and the writing of the Bible copy, Muslims may be disappointed to see that this copy does not include things they would like to see.
'It might have no relation with the content of the Gospel of Barnabas.'
Theology professor ÷mer Faruk Harman said a scientific scan of the bible may be the only way to reveal how old it really is.

Is this for...real?

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument.
I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness.

(#70)
Old
PF senior
Afghanistan2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,083 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-10-2012, 02:56 AM

I have been looking in the best and researching the difference between the "Codex Sinaiticus" (one of the oldest Bible to have been found) and the Bible of Today,and i have come to the conclusion that huge parts even some Books were taken out to make first Christianity a peaceful religion second to hide that Jesus (Pbuh) was not God nor he died and third that Muhammad (pbuh) was mentioned in the Old Testament by name.

here is the Website of the Codex Sinaiticus.

http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/

you can look through-.

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.

Tags
die, jesus, peace, sins