Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page Pashtuns in Bangladesh?
User Tag List

(#71)
Old
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,155 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 08-31-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
well you are absolutely wrong, obviously. why would i be seeing european/australians in oz, who look like pashtuns???????
do I look European to you?
(#72)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 08-31-2012, 10:33 PM

with those golden locks? yes.
(#73)
Old
PF senior
Kushan Prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 09-01-2012, 12:02 AM

There are also Pashtuns in The west Indies who got mixed during the Indian labour trade.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

-Old Pashtun proverb

"My Pashtun Pride i will not hide!"
(#74)
Old
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Default 09-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toramana View Post
Here is a Pashtun top model (1970s) who had mixed Pashtun-Burmese origin. Guys, Pashtuns have heavily mixed with neighboring people esp South Asians (also South East Asians).

Rakhshanda Khattak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakshanda_Khattak

No fashion model of the 1970s got paid in the thousands, except for the larger-than-life Rakhshanda Khattak, who had to travel a rough road to make a name for herself in the still fledgling Pakistani fashion industry.

Once, her husband Husain Javeri, a jeweller who hardly ever skipped work, decided to accompany her to a modeling gig. After watching his wife having to bend, stretch and contort her body for the perfect pose, and that too for the pittance she was being paid, he approached the advertisement director and demanded his wife be paid ten times the amount to make it worth her time. That was the amount of money someone would have to pay him to be away from his wife, he said. The director was shocked but since he could not afford to lose her, he agreed. Following this incident, Rakhshanda went on to become the highest-paid and yet the most sought after young model of her time.

The Burmese-Pathan woman had her photos splashed across fashion layouts in various English and Urdu magazines. She did commercials ranging from products such as paints and toothpaste. She boasted a height many envied, and could drape her curvaceous figure a far cry from the anorexic waif look of the New York and Paris fashion world that has caught up with Pakistani models in a classical sari or sashay about in casual bell bottoms, and still look desirable. When she entered a room, heads turned as men stealthil...

http://tribune.com.pk/story/399956/p...t-super-model/
Many of the Bollywood greats have been Pashtuns. Yusuf Khan (Dilip Kumar), Madhubala, Raj Kapoor (though Hindu) and currently there are some more later generation Pashtuns.
(#75)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
pashtanajan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 09-07-2012, 11:30 PM

Don't know. I've also met a Bengali who claimed to have Pashtun ancestry. I didn't really think much of it, as a lot of South Asian muslims claim an ethnicity outside of South Asia.

True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us. - Socrates
The Following User Says Thank You to pashtanajan For This Useful Post:
(#76)
Old
PF newbie
CrescentMoon is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Cold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashtanajan View Post
Don't know. I've also met a Bengali who claimed to have Pashtun ancestry. I didn't really think much of it, as a lot of South Asian muslims claim an ethnicity outside of South Asia.
Do they look like the stereotypical Bengali or far from it??
Chances are if they do look Bengali then it's far from the truth, and this person is most likely talking about a saint known as Shah Jalal ( his ethnicity is still unknown to this date, he hailed from Yemen but his father was a Persian poet, there is also some background info that he hailed from Turkey) who came with 360 companions to liberate Sylhet from Hindu tyranny. That was generations ago
(#77)
Old
PF newbie
CrescentMoon is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Cold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-15-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Khan View Post
I'm sorry, since I'm new to this forum and all, please walk me through this...

Was this post supposed to be about answering the admin's and other's questions with documented facts about the presence of pashtun-origin people in bangladesh,

Or whatever sad troll war RevolutionThroughReason is so insistent on creating completely out of the blue?

Adam, I am Pashtun through my father and Assamese-Pakistani from my mother's side. Both my families settled in Bangladesh because they were in Muslim League politics. Et vous?

I don't have to essentially BE Bengali to like them, know about them or be offended at racist remarks made toward them. I'm pretty sure I feel that way about all ethnicities. But hey, that's just good education and an understanding of Pashtunwali talking.

Revolution, whatever is going on or has happened that has led you to end up in a place where making racist remarks about how random people from a race you have no connections to are not good enough for you to 'mate with', I hope gets sorted soon. Perhaps that would also go to some end in making you realise that countering facts with opinions is low even for Internet trolls.

If not, well, have fun coming up with other racist crap in response. Glad to give something to look forward to.
A Khan you need to look at the realities here. It doesn't even matter if you have a strain of Pashtun blood ( which I doubt, because let's be honest here, among the foreign migrants in BD, they were limited, and among the mixed, they interbred, and thus a whole new diversity was brought forth, so you can't go around saying that you're a Pashtun, otherwise you might as well go tell people you're also Assamese, etc. ) Assamese Pakistani? What?? Assam was apart of India before Sylhet broke out of Assam and joined East Pakistani which later became Bangladesh. The very fact you include Pakistani proves how you want to remove Bengali from your identity. Just save the embarrassment man, you're actually giving us a more bad reputation.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrescentMoon For This Useful Post:

Tags
bangladesh, pashtuns